1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

They Break Winter Extravaganza?

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Liv, Dec 18, 2018.

1. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

You're now getting more retaliation than Castegyre and Feldon.

Congrats?

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 3
  2. Castegyre

Castegyre Active Member

It's almost exactly like RadarX never left, huh? Makes me nostalgic.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

I've finally arrived!

It's not surprising, really. When you have nothing legitimate to offer, fall back on intimidation and efforts to silence. Standard authoritarian tactics. Been around for aaaages, since Genghis Kahn, at least.

(see what I did there?)

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. RhodrisNZ

RhodrisNZ Geographically Challenged

I got one of those too!! Mepps was on a roll. Siren posted in the thread about where another thread had gone, discussing the lifetime membership. My reply was that it had been ninja-deleted, as happens a lot there. Nothing more. It was a warning about moderation, like yours. I wonder why Mepps has suddenly come out of the woodwork....

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Castegyre

Castegyre Active Member

fear

• Agree Agree x 6
  6. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

I wondered the same thing yesterday. Mepps is the CRM for DCUO. I haven't checked to see if he's posting on other title forums, but why is he injecting himself into the eq2 discussion?

He clearly has some kind of stake in this offer.

Edit:

I pretty much expected the eq1 crowd to eat that offer up. Don't know anything about the state of DCUO or PS2.

I am leaning hard into speculating that eq2's days are now definatively numbered. If not this year, then I'll be surprised if it makes 2 expansions.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 4
  7. Neiloch

Neiloch Member

Well saying "literally none of this is true" is wrong, but the entirety of the austin offices shutting down would mean DCUO would be getting shut down as well since that's where its run out of IIRC. Its the new 'action game' they were working on out of the austin office getting cancelled that resulted in all this. It was the only thing I was watching from a distance, figures it gets shitcanned and they run with ps arena.

8. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Well, Mepps is selling the crap out of it on eq1. Dunno why. Those guys over there appear to be in love with the offer.

Nothing on h1z1.

PS2 has only two comments. One asking to use the money to fix stuff, and one that pretty much boiled down to "LOL".

Edit: didn't realize h1z1 is not in the membership group.

9. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

Mepps is actually head of Community.

• Informative Informative x 7
  10. Dizzy

Dizzy Active Member

Guess more layoff's are in the wind and directions have been made to sell sell sell :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Khendrask

Khendrask Active Member

Holy SH*@!
    I got EXACTLY the same one from Mepps:

Kheldar
    Error | EverQuest 2 Forums

One or several of your recent posts have been determined to be inappropriate and violating the forum guidelines. Further violations may result in additional warnings and restrictions on your forum and in-game account access.

7) Abide by moderator direction - If you disagree with a moderator or employee's actions, do not discuss or challenge the matter in forum posts. Contact a member of the Community team and clearly state your concerns.

Strangest thing was, I didn't post anything there since my ban was lifted on the 19th of December....

Wonder if they are paying attention to Massively, where I have the same username as the OF... Hrmmmmm....

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Shocked Shocked x 1
  12. RhodrisNZ

Man, you is SPECIAL!!

• Agree Agree x 6
  13. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

Roxxly has obviously called for backup since she's busy with way more important things ... Let's see your Frostfell look! | EverQuest 2 Forums

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  14. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

You have ascended to the next level. You're getting moderation warnings for stuff not even on their site! (it seems to be going around online these days)

And I'm 100% certain they look for wrongthink on other sites. A previous Kahn did the very same thing between forums and reddit.

I doubt very much my warning was exclusively in regard to 'moderation' since Mepps didn't moderate anything I said for me to question. I'm certain at least part of it is that I speak my mind in other places where DBG has no authority.

• Agree Agree x 6
  15. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Indeed.

Outstanding!

• Agree Agree x 5
  16. RhodrisNZ

If this is the case (and I'm inclined to think it is, considering that the three of us have identifiable handles on the OF, unlike Fuli), then Mepps is stepping WELL outside his jurisdiction and needs to pull his head in. Preferably as far up his alimentary tract via the exit as he can get it.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
  17. Castegyre

Castegyre Active Member

*looks at name*

With a couple of exceptions I've been annoying people all over the internet with this handle for nearly 20 years. I keep it to own up to my being a ridiculous jackass of a person. But, clearly, my game is slipping. I want my damn warning.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. RhodrisNZ

Mellowing in your old age, eh?? LOL

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Fishy Fishy x 1
  19. Neiloch

Neiloch Member

i'm not sure if it's heavily moderated or what but I got some PS2 reddit threads in a news feed and wow, they are full of people drinking the kool-aid. worst i saw was someone saying they would like to buy the lifetime deal buts its just a little too pricey for them.

I sincerely have a hard time imagining people who think things are going well let alone thinking its going 'great.' Literally EVERYTHING under the daybreak umbrella is going to get worse at pretty good clip. The absolute best you can hope for is speed bumps of 'lateral' moves. If EQ2's next xpac can match this last one (zero idea how well its going) I would be surprised.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

DBG needs a new game, an EQ title won't cut it, H1Z1 failed in a spectacular manner and only so much can be done with DCUO.

So Planetside is it.

And from what I understand, the team working on PS is a LOT different than the EQ2 team. If DBG goes all in on it, and doesn't bungle it horribly (optimistic, I know), then they could have a decent money maker for a few years.

The people playing EQ and EQ2 are going to play it, regardless of how crappy it is. They're not trying to hit a new market for those games.

• Agree Agree x 2