1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

I Doubt The Thread Will Last...

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Tekka, Dec 7, 2018.

1. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

I will cry when they announce it's sunseting... tears of sadness for the death of a beloved game... and tears of relief that it will be out of its misery finally.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  2. Neiloch

Neiloch Member

Wouldn't be worth much now, but I always thought it would be funny if someone set up a bot and archive for eq2 forum posts. Kind of like the ones set up for twitter so they are never truly are deleted.

3. Just Curious

Just Curious Member

According to Ttobey there will be another expansion.
    Look and Feel | Page 86 | EverQuest 2 Forums

4. RhodrisNZ

RhodrisNZ Geographically Challenged

If they put farming in it, I'm outta there!

• Fishy Fishy x 1
  5. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

I saw that, and I love Ttobey, but having plans and actually having those plans come to fruition are two different things. Also, they had plans for EQNext and we know how that turned out. I just know there is a general lack of enthusiasm and participation. Time will tell I guess.

• Agree Agree x 6
  6. Neiloch

Neiloch Member

considering EQ2 used to have content updates that could rival or beat current xpacs that isn't saying much. That at best strongly implies 1 more year of gaming and obviously between now and when ever the game shuts down it will continue to decline sharply. but hey you'll have your sub all handled when the 'xpac barely fit to be called a game update' comes along at least.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

According to The Team, a lot of things have been on the TO DO list.

Unfortunately, The Team don't get to decide when the plug does, or does not, get pulled. That decision is up to Management, and they have proven on more than one occasion that they're willing to dangle shinies right up until the announcement of closure - knowing that the decision has already been made - just to make a couple bucks more.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

I don't know about any one else, but I have this strong urge to laugh and cry at the same time. The entire situation is mind boggling.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 2
  9. Neiloch

Neiloch Member

Of course. They will say the game is going to be up forever right up until they announce sunset. They aren't going to say "well we will see how the next xpac sells to decide if we keep the game going" they would lose most of their remaining customers inside 24 hours.

Them offering the lifetime sub however does put an implied death date on the game. Why would they offer one when continued subs would bring in more cash if its going to be healthy longer than 2 years? Only way offering a lifetime sub AND plan on supporting it for longer than 2 more years works is if they plan on leaning on the cash shop even harder.

• Agree Agree x 6
  10. Castegyre

Castegyre Active Member

Speaking of which, I await my censoring for the post I just made.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

Let me clarify: When I say 'dangle shinies', I don't mean withholding a closure* announcement. I mean that they will continue to promote and push cash shop sales, even offer 'lifetime deals', knowing the decision to shut down the game has been made.

Landmark.

*I refuse to use the term 'sunset'. It's not a beloved pet 'going to a farm upstate'. It's a product being discontinued.

• Agree Agree x 5
  12. RhodrisNZ

RhodrisNZ Geographically Challenged

Heh every time I read one of the posts where they say they've bought the lifetime sub, I keep thinking "You've been Landmarked!"

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Funny Funny x 3
  13. Cindrax

Cindrax Active Member

They are milking hard right now... chocolate coins... old premium stuff for sale... life time memberships and at the same time they have more issues then ever with crashing clients, zones crashing, login server is not working.... etc etc. It is like there is fires all over the place they just douse out only for them to start up again a few days later....

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

It's a not very well kept secret that funding is approved and awarded in Jan.

The team may have the next expansion mapped out, but it likely hasn't been approved yet.

We'll just have to see. As long as people keep dropping $2k to $3k per year, it might have some life yet.

Still, I suspect the uncertainty will continue to grow as paying customers continue to decline.

Even if funding is not approved, they'll mislead people into believing everything is all good.

I tend to agree with Neiloch - the lifetime sub offer is completely inconsistent with how this company operates UNLESS they have already decided on a future sunset event.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 7