1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

EverQuest II: Chaos Descending Expansion Announced

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Feldon, Sep 14, 2018.

1. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Rogue and Pred stealth abilities now provide crit bonus........ummm, ok. Guess mobs no longer do 27 things that pull you out of stealth anymore. Smuggle must be viable again also.

Rangers might be able to work with this, but don't see much utility for the others.

Then some fervor overcap for utility.

2. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Lies!

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

great-scott-doc-back-to-the-future-drawing.jpg

• Funny Funny x 6
  4. Peak

Peak New Member

idk if he was in Onyx.

I raided with Onyx around ROK/TSO. People always claimed that there were devs or GMs in the guild, but I never saw any evidence of that. Back in the day everyone claimed Loli (of Havoc, and then Onyx, yeah?) was a GM or Dev. Ripe (of Brute Force) was a Dev as well. There were definitely some people who would immediately petition just about anything, and a never ending supply of incompetent GMs, which might have something to do with it.

edit: I wouldn't be surprised if he was on Nagafen though. Him and Zoltaroth seemed to take an interest in PVP, back in the good ol' days before everyone else ****ed it up.

• Informative Informative x 2
  5. Cindrax

Cindrax Active Member

After following the discussion on OF and these forums about the expansion here are my thoughts about it:

Expansionthoughts.jpg

Last edited: Nov 6, 2018
    • Funny x 5
    • Winner x 3
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Appreciation x 1
  6. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

One must laugh to keep from crying...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

I just let my hate grow and take it out on the guards of an enemy city... considering how I feel about the Queen of Neriakā€¦ means ALL cities!

• Appreciation Appreciation x 1
    • Shocked Shocked x 1
  8. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

You guys were an accomplished guild, for sure. Might have just been sniping on Flames. Was so long ago that I might be completely wrong.

For some reason, I have this memory of LFG confirming what I had posted, but, Flames, LFG and , well, me.

9. Feldon

Zoltaroth was in NPU was he not?

10. Peak

Peak New Member

Well, if there was, then it was a secret to me. People always claimed Loli was a dev/GM, but that was KOS/EOF Havoc/Onyx and before my time.

I remember one instance in Antonica that probably helped fuel the favoritism/"they have a dev"/whatever rumors. We were out there to kill Health or Disease. People were wise to our attempts and came out to block. I don't know why (maybe low levels interfering with charm?), but GMs came out and started doing some stupid ****, like freezing players, telling them they couldn't contest, and just stupid ****. I have no idea why they did that. I think it was established at that point that using a low level to interfere from immunity was a no-no, so maybe they just interpreted that incorrectly and blindly said no PVP period.

But yeah. That **** fueled the rumors a bit.

I will say that when Justingrell got permabanned after we initially started doing the god charming (with evac for lulz) thing in EoF, it seemed like a pretty severe and unwarranted response to what we were doing. So.. I'll say that. But I never witnessed anything when I was in guild.

Think so.

• Informative Informative x 2
  11. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

*sigh*
    A rather good point was made in the beta healer thread..
    Every beta, the healer thread has the most player comments... probably because devs semi-regularly make fundamental changes to how healing actually works... and yet it has a far lower rate of dev response than the other class threads.

It feels like devs decide how they're going to 'adjust' how healing works and they aren't interested in actual feedback about how the latest 'mechanic' ACTUALLY plays out from a healer perspective. So much so that they've started hiding more and more of the information about how it actually works from the players.
    When bleedthrough was first introduced, how much actually bleedthrough the wards was logged, so players could track it and plan. That information was removed in PoP...
    Now, in CD, there is a MASSIVE nerf to heal effectiveness in non-solo content... and the devs intentionally obfuscate how it works. Tooltip information is beyond useless.... the nerf hits some heals harder than others (even on the same healer class) and when they did provide a 'number'... it's clear that the number is a variable plugged into some hidden formula because, again, it affects different heals differently.. and some not at all.

If they really intend to make healing a black box, I wish they'd stop pretending and just admit it.. and take all numbers off all heals (of all types) and state that they intend healers to be spam heal and cure bots.. and stop being coy about it :S

If they think healing should be JUST about keeping groups alive.. than they should make tanking JUST about holding aggro and using death saves at the right time. But, apparently, they care about making sure people enjoy playing tanks, but they don't care if healing is 'fun' or not :(

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  12. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

Feedback threads aren't for feedback for Devs. They are there to give the illusion of caring so players put all their rage in 1 place to be ignored, rather than many.

See every 'Focused Feedback' post done for classes over the past 5 years.

Occasionally Gninja will step in and tell people they are reading it, but it's pretty evident that the feedback has no real use.

Also, I love the fact that the Beta totally rolls back major changes to damage/debuffs on scout/fighter abilities implemented in ToT. Effectively making all info from Beta moot.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

From what I've observed, the design team (excluding Kaitheel) differentiates two kinds of feedback. One is welcomed, the other is not.

(1) Welcomed Feedback: things that make the game unplayable - bugs, over-tuned mobs, incompatible mechanics, etc.

(2) Unwelcomed Feedback: Design decisions - "If you don't like it, don't play it". i.e. "We don't care if you think the game is fun. We decide that. If you don't like it, leave."

Seems to me like a pretty dumb way to do business, but well, been like this for a long, long time.

And rather than humble themselves and address the problem, they just keep doubling down with more arrogance.

Feldon's chart on eq2u look-ups is highly informative. That is not a gradual decline. People are getting worn out, both emotionally and financially.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

I agree with you 100 percent. It's obvious they are living in a delusional fantasy world if they even remotely believe that players approve of their methods and results. Deservedly, player numbers continue to dwindle and I am guessing pre-order sales as well.

• Agree Agree x 4
  15. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

Well said, I completely agree with you. It's really unbelievable isn't it? I mean if you apply logic and common sense. SMH.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

I have to give you credit for endurance. I gave up on giving constructive feedback a long time ago, or any feedback in general. Why bother when you are largely ignored or silenced all together. Having said that, I really appreciate players such as yourself Mermut, thank you.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Doomravin

Doomravin New Member

First time posting here, long time lurker....

I didn't post this on the official forums because of delusional god complex mods and worse bubble gnomes and also I'm sure some people are still having fun

When it comes to endurance, my guild has more or less folded. The (former) largest active guild on Thurgardin - Eden is more or less gone. Sure, there are still a couple of diehards on Thurgardin with the Eden tag, but the raid force is officially kaput and most active players have migrated to the few active remaining raid or casual guilds or simply just stopped playing

There are no active officers or guild leaders in Eden on Thurgardin left, including myself. I personally couldn't face another year of Gamebreak running EQ2

Most of the officers have had enough of Gamebreak and moved games to FF14 or simply quit playing MMOs. I haven't logged onto EQ2 for three weeks now and only felt the occasional twinge

Reasons why?

One of my fellow officers posted the key ones (last post before the forum mods locked the thread- big suprise)

Returning to a dying game | EverQuest 2 Forums

This game gets smaller, nastier and cheaper for the same price every year. The developers seem to get more arrogant each time some of them lose their jobs and the customer services face is basically reduced to forum mods with delusional god complexes, who let bullying bubble gnomes run wild on the official forums

Less fun, more grind, and a clear case of less players = less resources & more half witted decisions

As Kander said "If you don't like it, don't play it" - Well, I don't like doing ridiculous grinding in an under-resourced ghost town when I could be spending my money having actual fun in another game, so I'm not playing it.

I really also didn't like being gated for six months because my guild hasn't spent hundreds of pounds on spell upgrades. What kind of multi-player game asks new players to spend so much just to almost catch up?

It comes to something when a game has gotten so bad that an entire guild's leadership walks rather than put up with another expansion, but that's the state of EQ2 right now

Cheap, nasty and in a death spiral with the player base evaporating more and more. Deservedly so too.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 6
    • Shocked Shocked x 1
  18. Daaaaave

Daaaaave Member

/tinfoil hat on
    Me think EQ2 is only a economics long-term experiment, how long customers buy or support a product that get worse and worse, get attacked by the company employees, wrong marketing descisions and so on.
    /tinfoil hat off

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. Feldon

Oh **** this is tomorrow.

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
  20. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

The expansion may be tomorrow, but I wont try to get into the game until Wednesday night. We all know what a felgercarb expansion day is for the EQ universe. I just hope it wont be as bad as the SoL patch for EQ was. For over a week it was "Patch the patch to patch the patch" day... each day...

• Agree Agree x 1