1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Wilful obtuseness - drink levels

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by RhodrisNZ, Oct 2, 2018.

1. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

I couldn't resist poking that daft <edited for content> with a stick in that thread.

I freaking hate disingenuous <edited for content>.

Sigrdrifa said:
    There have been quite a number of sever merges <snipped for actual relevance>”

Tekka said:
    The game isn't dead, but it has been on a steady decline for a number of years now - as happens to all games - with a more marked decrease in player numbers in the past couple of years. Even with the most recent round of server merges (which The Team have said there will be no more of, are NOT a sign of a robust community and a healthy game, by the way) some servers are still suffering a lack of numbers - compared to a healthy game.

It's fine to say that it's fine for you. However it helps no one (least of all the game) to be disingenuous about the actual state of things or pretend nothing is wrong.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

The Siggy has decided to refute my gentle correction by using the death of the universe as a credible analogy.

Lols.

• Funny Funny x 3
  3. Caam

Caam Member

I am so close to logging into beta and standing at the elevator for hours just to call it back down at just the right moment. Repeatedly.

• Winner Winner x 3
  4. Castegyre

Castegyre Active Member

Isn't that what people used to do with the TSO stuff in Lavastorm? I mean, not me, I just heard others used to activate the elevator to mess with groups trying to use it. You know, those immature types.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

I don't even think she checked out my link!

6. RhodrisNZ

RhodrisNZ Geographically Challenged

I did! Was hilarious!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. RhodrisNZ

Do it! Do it!! I dare you!! :D

PS: sorry for double-post, but can't remember how to quote two different posts in the same reply (have just submitted a chapter draft, so brain is fried atm).

8. Cindrax

Cindrax Active Member

Reminds me of the days in RoK where a coercer could charm those door mobs and park them perfect in front of the entrance to Sebilis so no one could click to get in.... Perfect if you wanted to have the zone to yourself while laughing at general chat.... (I used to be on the same server as Siggy.... )

9. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Does your dissertation have anything to do with training wetas to make cookies?

Cause i feel that's ground breaking science. Nobel prize winning science, in fact.

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. RhodrisNZ

You know what wetas are?! Goodness me.....*faints in shock*

No, nothing so innovative, I'm afraid - I'm a military medical historian, looking at WWI pharmacy in the ANZAC forces.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

See, I knew it!

SK, my rear. You study healer history!

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

If you are going to kill healers or their patients in PvP, you need to know about them to be more effective AGAINST them, after all. *giggles maliciously as I slip back into the shadows*

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. RhodrisNZ

And all medicines are just a single dosage increase away from poisons..... :cool:

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. Daaaaave

Daaaaave Member

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

You know Rhodris, at some point, law enforcement and life insurance companies are going to become suspicious.

J.S.

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

Not if you're careful, discrete, and random.

I mean, I don't know from personal experience, that's just what I learned watching shows on Investigation Discovery channel.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Fishy Fishy x 1
  17. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

How many "Ex's" (literally) before it becomes a suspicious pattern?

Last edited: Oct 26, 2018
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Castegyre

Castegyre Active Member

19. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Yeah, I should clarify.

My original response to Rhodris SHOULD have said, "You know Rhodris, at some point, future spouses, law enforcement, and life insurance companies are going to become suspicious."

Also, I feel like Tekka has a plan.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2018
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Shocked Shocked x 1
  20. Castegyre

Castegyre Active Member

Tekka has lots of plans, but most of them require effort. Lazy people hate effort. Besides, I can reach things on high shelves and have an above average carrying capacity so I'm not concerned. At least, not for myself. Our cat, the neighbors, that annoyingly chatty lady who seems to camp our mail box, … they're in trouble.

Also, one of my favorite youtube peoples, Myles Power, often says that it's the dosage that makes the poison.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1