1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Will Daybreak games shut down in 2 months?

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Sweatypie, Apr 23, 2018.

1. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

I thought maybe I heard somewhere sometime that DBG was going to stop paying players for their work and stop supporting the platform.

Dunno. If they did, that might explain things.

2. Pink Poodle

Pink Poodle New Member

Aw I wanted to make a cloak.

3. Cindrax

Cindrax Active Member

I was curious so I checked steam charts for H1Z1... 6886 peak and 3797 average players the past 30 days.... Don't really look good... Guessing more layoffs will hit soon.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Dizzy

Dizzy Active Member

I believed it released on PS4 and was doing well there.

5. Just Curious

Just Curious Member

DBG isn't going anywhere. They are just about to release the hottest game to ever be released ... EQZ1 Battle Royale: The Revenge of Lanys. Lanys has freed Kerafim from Luclin and it's your job to exterminate all your competition so that you can get to the final battle where you try to defeat first Lanys and then Kerafim. From your staging base in Kerafim's former prison, Luclin, you prepare by buying required one use only gear. The more you pay, the more you win. Specially crafted gnome parachutes get you from Luclin down to a changing battlefield. For small fees, you can upgrade the chute to move faster, be more steerable, and actually reach Norrath with you in one piece. Each season of the game will take place on a land mass of Norrath that is associated with EQ2 releases. First up ... the Shattered Lands!

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

Just Curious... SHHHHH! Don't give them any more ideas of how to whore out the lore any more than they have!

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Just Curious

Just Curious Member

Oh but the whoring has only begun!

The big launch will actually be, as you suggested on "the other forums," at the Super Bowl! Iggy Azalea, dressed as Lanys, will descend from the rafters on what appears to be one of the special gnomish parachutes. She will experience an "accidental" wardrobe malfunction that will even make Janet Jackson blush.

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

You forgot to mention the tinkered overclocked machine gun and manastone tank (available for $9,000 dbc each).

Edit: If you win, you get a prized eqz1 hoodie.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2018
    • Funny Funny x 3
  9. Cindrax

Cindrax Active Member

As far as I know there is nothing like steam charts for PS4, but I found this site: PSNProfiles • PS4 Trophies, PS3 Trophies, PS Vita Trophies & Trophy Cards
    It only tracks 3,637,928 users according to the site. But thats enough it gives a quite good estimate.

According to the site it is 980 (eu) and 1184 (na) that owns the game H1Z1 from the accounts it tracks.

Compare to Call of Duty:Black Ops with 1,102,072 owners.
    Can also compare Fortnite owners: 142,344 (eu) and 133,423 (na).

So from that data it don't look like it is going well over at ps4 either.

I know there are some press releases that it saying something else... but they flunked the press releases about the owner of the company so I am not sure I trust any press releases from DBG..... ;)

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Arclite

Arclite New Member

11. Just Curious

Just Curious Member

You have to think outside the box. In this case, outside the computer box. Co-branding, is a marketing strategy that involves strategic alliance of multiple brand names jointly used on single product or service. In this case DGC and Elon Musk's The Boring Company.

Every EQZ1 player that purchases one of these flamethrowers will also receive one in game!

12. Endymion

Endymion Active Member

Comparing a game that was just technically released last week to a game that's been out since last year (Fortnite) and a PS3 game from 2010 (Black Ops) is a little weird.

13. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

14. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

According to Roxxlly (PS2 thread on Reddit), there will be no staff reductions, and, there are no other titles being considered for sunset.

15. Dizzy

Dizzy Active Member

Must have a magical pot of money then.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Sweatypie

Sweatypie Active Member

Yeah, A russian Oligarch. oh wait it was sold to some American who has no affiliation with a russian, but still listed as a board member of a russian company and on forbes and several news articles and oh uuuuuh brain melted...........

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Shocked Shocked x 1
  17. Castegyre

Castegyre Active Member

The truth is a funny thing. For instance, it's easier not to tell it when you have no idea what it is.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

Truth is stranger than fiction, for fiction has to make sense...

• Agree Agree x 4
  19. Castegyre

Castegyre Active Member

Good fiction has to be at least internally consistent.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

What kills me, is that instead of appreciating and meaningfully developing and promoting the franchise that made every thing else possible i.e. Everquest, they all but abandoned it and its loyal customers.

What did it get them in the end? They have focused on catering to these fickle, flash in the pan players that don't know the meaning of loyalty.

Again, if another version of EQ ever sees the light of day, I won't touch it with a ten foot pole. More than age, bugs or lack of content, SOE/DBG's disregard for the franchise and players that gave them so much has soured me forever on any thing they develop.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2