1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

GU106 - What do you think?

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Shmogre, May 5, 2018.

1. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Ok, thank you for the info. I was looking through the cash shop and it appeared to me there are items that give characters power, but I must have misinterpreted the info.

Your description matches what I've heard.

2. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

PoE does sell things like storage pages. I haven't been on in a while to see what else.

3. Charlice

Charlice Active Member

It irks me. It's irksome.
    I'm oddly surprised I haven't received a warning. I'm pretty much in full swing negative nancie mode on there right now.

@Mermut I never got used to the way characters move on Rift, and I played it for years. Compared to old EQ2 it lacks depth .. or something ... but it was fun for a while. The cash shop started to piss me off, that's why I left there.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Cindrax

Cindrax Active Member

I been playing POE quite a lot the past months since the new season have been so much fun.

I can confirm that the cash shop in POE is only cosmetics and stash tabs.

Edit: If you feel the need to buy any of the stash tabs, wait until they have the 30% sale. It comes around quite often.

Edit2: POE also have decoration of the Hideout. Not as advanced as EQ2 but one can still do some amazing stuff imho

Edit3: If anyone wants some lowbie starting gear in this season, message me @RotchiaELE, im usually on during day/evenings EU time.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2018
    • Like Like x 4
  5. JimmyBananas

JimmyBananas Guest

This. When I join a new MMORPG, I want to make the most out of it without getting too attached. With the way the market is these days, all it takes is one crappy, greedy update to severely harm an MMORPG and its population -- and I'm through spending time on games waiting for **** to turn into gold. Neverwinter, which has thus far had the (hands-down) best and most memorable holiday stuff I've ever seen, became a generic pay-to-win greed-fest with the release of more and more artifact gear and fewer and fewer ways to earn power for them without paying. Great times were great times, but I'm not going to convince myself the present is anything other than it is. So, onwards I went.

Truthfully, stepping into a new world is one of my favorite things about MMORPGs. Yeah, there's comfort in knowing all the same people, places, scripts, classes, etc., but I've always loved the journey to get to that point above all else. Sure, I'll miss the best parts of other games I've played, but some things are best left to memory.

• Agree Agree x 5
  6. Zhaanish

Zhaanish Active Member

Yes those fall into the "...don't like other aspects of the game." part of my quote. I played Rift to max level a while back, but it just didn't grab me and it's hard to even say why exactly other than it "feels" a bit dark, I'm not wild about the character models, and the end game for a solo player seemed lacking (yes I know a lot of games have this issue).

Wildstar I didn't like the look of at all.

ESO I can't live with out autofollow and I dislike the movement/combat mechanics.

LOTRO also has hook based decorating. I despise hooks, but like you said at least it's something and with a lifetime sub I get VIP access and free in game money to spend, so it's a nice way to pass the time now and then. I left EQ2 and my "stuff" without looking back 1.5 years ago. I know some can enjoy *just* decorating, but I want more than that in a game and the rest of the game is just not fun to me anymore.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. stach

stach Member

Holy crap, said in discord that it would cost 10 SC to zone into fabled Guk, with a smiley face on the end as a joke and got banned. amazing

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Lock It! Lock It! x 1
  8. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Uhg . I hated those zones.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

Amazing, but not surprising.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

Guk.. ugh.. how do they pick the zones they 'fable' anyway?

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

Im guessing they see which zones get visited the least, for whatever reason, and pick that so people can be tricked into going to them so they can 'ooohhh' and 'awwww' at all of the hard work put into the zone originally.

• Agree Agree x 5
  12. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

Wait, Fabled Guk? Seriously? I hated those zones back in the day...

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Around 9:00 pst........thread deleted.

14. stach

stach Member

Well at least it stayed up over night :) and I did not get warning or anything. Just gone. Think I should repost seeing they did not explain why it was removed?

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

They don't explain, so much easier for them for you to guess wrong, repost and then they can ban you and not feel guilty about it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Cindrax

Cindrax Active Member

20-30% sale on stash tabs this weekend over at POE for those of you who are interested.

My offer still stands, need lowbie gear to get going, message me @RotchiaELE, or I could be on my new char @RotchiSLAM

Edit: I play only in season softcore, not standard or hardcore (getting to old to have those lightning speed reactions to avoid dying in some situations). This seasons Incursion Temples are so much fun imho.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 2
  17. Zhaanish

Zhaanish Active Member

For anyone curious about how lively LOTRO still is - watch this live stream today. :)

18. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

Incoporated this image into one of my latest Constructive posts, lets see if it gets removed.

19. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

I don't understand why people are still going on about PoP pages.

There is a long list of examples of DBG using bait and switch tactics to dupe people.

It should also be no great revalation that DBG is not going to make a single substantive change that causes the even slightest nick to the cash shop.

Are people really this clueless?

No wonder DBG keeps pulling stuff like this. Easy money.

20. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

Because promises made should be kept. Nagging to remind them of their promises is human nature. (cf. Married life).