1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

My Sig Image is Broken?

Discussion in 'EQ2U Players Support & Feedback' started by Mysstie, Feb 3, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Mysstie

Mysstie Member

Screenshot:

[​IMG]

Getting a 404 from the website. One of my other toons seemed to work fine.

2. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

Mine is busted too :(
    It clicking on the link will send them to my eq2u profile, but the sig block doesn't display the image. You can see on this post...

3. Mysstie

Mysstie Member

The one in my signature on here is hosted on my website which is why it shows. I noticed it on my site while I was in the process of moving things from HTTP to HTTPS.

4. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

I need to install software to allow signatures to be generated.

• Like Like x 3
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  5. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

Thanks for the update and all the hard work getting the sites back up and functioning.

• Like Like x 2
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  6. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

*pokes the Feldon* Any eta? Or anything we can do to help?
    I miss my sig! :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Mysstie

Mysstie Member

Any updates? Just curious.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Neverlands

Neverlands New Member

Also waiting for the Sig Generator to be working again :)

9. Neverlands

Neverlands New Member

Sorry for asking again.. Are there any plans for the future to reactivate the Sig Generator?

10. Inire

Inire Not really an evil duck, just misunderstood.

the software required to do the signature requires opening a possible exploit.

personally, i would be happy eq2u is still running and just be happy with that.

11. Feldon

I'm sorry I have not gotten this done sooner. I am going to move the signature generation code to its own domain which will be able to run the necessary command.

• Like Like x 6
  12. Mysstie

Mysstie Member

Well, I broke down and did my own with your sig as inspiration. In the process I managed to finally get Imagick installed locally on my PC and learned how to add text to images with it (had been using GD). Anyway, even with the exact same code and fonts, the rendering is different between my PC and webhost which was slightly annoying. Not as bad the differences GD was causing though.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  13. Feldon

You are dependent upon the fonts installed. The EQ2U sigs I actually uploaded OTF files so the fonts would always be consistent. I also had to find a good Russian font.

EQ2U sigs being broken continues to weigh on me. If I can just get a couple of things cleared off my plate I'll be able to do it.

14. Mysstie

Mysstie Member

I am using the exact same .TTF files in both places... came from my PC. Locally, looks like:

[​IMG]

It's close, but different. It could be some difference in Imagick configs or something. Local version is compiled from/library version ImageMagick 6.9.3-7 Q16 x86 2016-03-27 Convert, Edit, Or Compose Bitmap Images @ ImageMagick and webhost is ImageMagick 6.7.2-7 2017-03-22 Q16 Convert, Edit, Or Compose Bitmap Images @ ImageMagick. It does look better on the webhost, so that's good.

But, good enough. :)

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. Lyhtande

Lyhtande New Member

Hello Feldon,
    are you still working on it?

16. Neverlands

Neverlands New Member

17. Feldon

I think about this on a regular basis. I just got done with a big project. Hopefully.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Feldon

Working on this today.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Feldon

These are generated with my current code:

eq2u-sig-2019.jpg

Before I go live with it, do Crit, Power, Potency, and Crit Bonus matter in 2019?

Any other suggestions?

• Like Like x 1
  20. Feldon

I had fun creating this prototype, but I would need more images than just scout and monk:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1