1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Why I may get banned soon

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Pouncer, Jun 3, 2018.

1. JimmyBananas

JimmyBananas Guest

EQOA, anyone? I still remember the wonderful treatment that game received. Class balancing never actually got finished, ZP was turned into a glorified farming zone, and all the wonderful fixes that were "on the way" for well over a year, straight up until the game was shut down. I won't even bother mentioning the complete radio silence, since it seems pretty standard for SOE/Daybreak.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, and I don't care how good the EverQuest lore is -- your ass is never getting another penny from me.

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

Friends I knew who were looking forward to EQNext lost all interest when they saw the dark elves with horns...

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

Kerra being modeled on 'the hulk' killed it for me...

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Yeah, Lion King and Tony the Tiger ftw.

Wayto double down on those awesome instincts, Smokejumer.

That project put everything pathological about this company's management on display.....before it even came out of the box.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 3
  5. Pouncer

Pouncer New Member

Here's what amuses me most so far from that thread:

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

This is another funny thread...
    Class Balance | EverQuest 2 Forums

When they put Planes of Prophecy up for sale and then quietly admitted halfway through the livestream that the class balance work had been "cancelled months prior", I really should have done a separate article. I don't think this bombshell got enough attention at the time.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Yeah, that one really pissed me off.

Really dishonest.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  8. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

Yeah, she deleted the post, and my quote of it, where Doomravin broke down all the logical and debate fallacies (s)he had identified Dannni using - just in that thread - plus a few lines of my own post where I added three to the list, and pointed out (yet again) that presenting Dannni's (and his friend/partner Breanna as well) own words, in context, to illustrate that he was being dishonest is. not. a. freaking. ad hominem.

The funny part, to me, is that I added an edit note because I'd gone back to remove extra line spacing on the quoted post and Roxxlyy didn't delete that part. So you can see there was a quote at some point, but no longer.

• Like Like x 4
  10. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

I admit it. Being in time out is killin me right now.

On the upside, I'm having so much fun watching people call Danni out on his bullshit.

Fun!

Edit: I see he's back claiming victim again. You people are mean, exposing the hypocrisy and fallacies of his arguments.

Funny thing is, he can't seem to help himself. He HAS to have the last word, which only serves to illustrate even more how demonstrbly stupid and flat out dishonest his arguments are.

Now even Siggy is jumping into the fray.

God, I love those little bubble gnomes. Infinately more entertaining than the game.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2018
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

Yes she did, in her insufferable brown nosing hall monitor way.

And she's not even correct, that's the funniest part about it.

• Agree Agree x 5
  12. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

When was the last time she WAS correct?

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  13. Cindrax

Cindrax Active Member

There is a wannabe moderator in town
    Posting everywhere acting like a clown
    She goes by the name of Siggy
    Oinking on the forums like a piggy
    Praising the team so much her nose turned brown

Edit: This is my reply to: Time for humor! | EverQuest 2 Forums
    Posted it here since I would most likely get banned if I posted it on the OF

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  14. JimmyBananas

JimmyBananas Guest

I barely visit the official forums these days. It used to be a great place to troll the bubble gnomes, but it's gotten to the point of being sad. I've never seen so many people huddled on the ground lapping up mud and waiting for it to turn to chocolate, only to not even notice that the puddle, itself, is getting smaller and dirtier.

I can feel nostalgia towards a game, like anyone else, but there's a point where nostalgia and an ever-shrinking cluster of "friends" just isn't enough to entice my time or my wallet. The vast majority seem like they haven't even enjoyed an expansion pack since 2011, and when that's the case, I can't help but ask...what's the point? I can't even imagine confining myself to one, dying (I'm being gentle) MMORPG while there are countless others out there worth trying. Sure, plenty are trash -- no doubt about that, but EQ2 in its current state isn't any better, and there are plenty out there that are fun to play and offer great content.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

That

[​IMG]

Behold the Ziggy Pig, the greatest forum spectacle known to man...

We have ourselves a Ziggy Pig! Ziggy Piggy! Ziggy Piggy! Ziggy Piggy! Oink Oink Oink Oink....

~ Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  16. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Apparently, we are anti-gnomes, and anti-gnomes are not nice people.

What's that...........?

I think I hear bubbles being feverishly re-warded with new grand master level tinkering recipies.

It's also my understanding there is a door to get into the bubble, but once inside, there is no door to get out. Working as intended.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  17. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

Uhm... at least there's acknowledgement of ones own bubble-gnomehood in the orginatingl post? :p

• Winner Winner x 3
  18. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Lol. I know...that was the best part :)

Also, I know Feldon isn't nice, but I feel like the rest of us are ok. Kinda hurtful to be stereotyped because of him.

#victim

• Funny Funny x 4
  19. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

HEY GUESS WHAT GUYS!!!

We are super duper mean on these forums. And apparently that justifies (somehow) our adorable little Forum Trolls and Bubble Gnomes being flat out dishonest and trying to push a martyr scenario on the OF.

Also, I think I might be a smidge perverse posting stuff like this (as well as several previous messages) knowing that they come here to read them, but are too afraid to post or engage where they can't hide behind and abuse 'forum guidelines'.

You didn't think I posted taunts and forum names on accident, diiiiiid you? ;)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

With them being trolls, they get every thing that they have coming to them. Of course, they don't think they are trolls for bubble gnomes and trolls are afraid of mirrors. But if it acts like a troll, talks like a troll and smells like a troll... the odds are: Its a troll!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1