1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

PoP Trial Code has hosed players

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Mermut, Jun 7, 2018.

1. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

I like the F2P option. However, I was given a year supply of Kronos so I am no longer F2P (for a year, if EQ/EQ2 last that long...). After that, ill be back to F2P if there is a game to play. If not, I have a free WoW server im on as well as DAOC free server and I might join a free Shadowbane if I want something different. For now, im playing EQ/EQ2 since im allaccess for now.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

I have a feeling they are going to be squeezing the life out of the f2p crowd over the next 6 months or so.

They've already started doing this awhile back, and I wouldn't be surprised at all to see them clamping down with more restrictions until the f2p peeps either pay-up or bail.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 5
  3. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Guys and Magnificent Ladies of the EQ2 Wire Forums....

Siggy is pushing her issue tracker again.

I'm pretty sure the dev team cares a whole lot about it.

Let's move all our feedback there.

• Funny Funny x 4
  4. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

I've been tempted to ask her
    1) do the devs REALLY use it
    and if they do
    2) do they really decide which issues to 'fix' based on a 'popularity contest' (ie number of votes) rather then merit/severity

So far I've managed to resist :p

• Like Like x 4
  5. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

I still post all my feedback/bugs to Reddit. That's what we are meant to do right?

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. IakeFD

IakeFD Member

They've made their (current) stance on f2p pretty clear, i thought. With the advent of prestige gear, the increasing amounts of prestige gear, having quest rewards be prestige, having stopped f2p rollout to previous-expansion zones.. I mean, how do you misinterpret all that?

I get the annoyance at losing the gear after your tryouts, but I don't get the offended sensibilities bit.

I'm also vaguely amused relogging wasn't the first thing people tried when they lost access to zones etc when the promo ran out. The game is crap now and the current devs are basically getting off on punishing you, but come on guys.

7. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

Is that issue tracker something she created, or is it just an app she's pushing really hard?

I think the last time someone posted about it, there was ONE resolved issue from like, 2015 or 2016.

8. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

It comes up on Google. If the devs are looking at it, they aren't punching the list. Nothing shows resolved.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Cindrax

Cindrax Active Member

Now... I might remember this wrong so someone please correct me if I do.

The dbgissuetracker was made original shortly after H1Z1 was first released by some H1Z1 player to help keep track and organize of all the ideas and bugs posted on reddit. The other dbg games was later added to the tracker.

Siggy was quick to jump on that and got the title she fought and tried to get on the OF for so many years.. Moderator. She have in waves pushing to use that 3rd party tool. Thought she given up....

If you look at the issues that in fact are marked as resolved... it is usually some moderator closing the issue with "that is not a bug"....

I once asked her in a post if DBG actually ever use it... she answered "ohh yes, things gets resolved all the time".

The logical response back to her would be "why don't the devs ever mention it and push their customers to use it, the only one pushing to use it is you". But... I felt I didn't have the time to argue with her and let it go...

Edit: Personally I don't think any eq2 devs have used that "tool" for many years

Edit2: The eq2 section only have 5-6 people voting on the issues, so not many players are even using it.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Dellmon

Dellmon Member

I think if you asked any Daybreak staff member if the team uses or leverages DGB Issue Tracker, of course the answer is yes. The optics of any thing else does not present good light. It would be the equivalent of asking a team member does everyone on the team play EQII, of course we all do, all the time. So even if they've clicked on it once ever many moons ago and gave it a cursory glance, they've covered their bases.

I have zero actual knowledge, but if I was to guess - the EQ2 team fixes what they deem to be important enough to fix and what is actually fixable given their staff resources and the complexity of years of layered on spaghetti code - - regardless of how many up-votes something has on some external, non-corporate managed, JIRA tracking website. Perhaps it might (and that is a huge might) give them inspiration, but I would highly doubt any Red Name is taking ownership and placing something on their board for any Task, in any Story, in the EQ2 epic during whatever Sprint they are in because they saw it had a ship-load of up-votes on System Dashboard - Daybreak Community Issue Tracker

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

My bet is they care absolutely zero craps about the issue tracker and customer up-votes.

The have a list of stuff they already know they want done/fixed, and that's what they attend to.

• Agree Agree x 5
  12. stach

stach Member

You assume that they are in a agile enviroment, I doubt that highly.........I am betting its one big F'ing cluster F*** of work

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

I did ask.
    It seems they don't really use it. S/he just thinks they do.
    When s/he said that they have it integrated into their systems, I was like....that sounds like a falsehood.
    As if they would let a 3rd party website database system send data directly to their internal systems, that is just asking to be hacked.

• Agree Agree x 9
  14. Cindrax

Cindrax Active Member

Her answer to you on the OF made me chuckle and facepalm at the same time. Like you said, it opens up so many options for attacks on the database.

Also... IF the bugs reported on the tracker actually are sent to the /bug database... does the upvotes even serve a purpose? Or are those also sent to the dbg database? So many questions... :confused::rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Clementine

Clementine Active Member

Unless a developer says otherwise I would just assume they don't use that site. I'm kind of surprised a developer hasn't said something one way or the other to make sure bug reports get to the proper place, shows how much they care.

• Agree Agree x 4
  16. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

I think they care... but are too busy with other stuff handed to them to do. Why worry about the trim around the windows when the roof is on fire and the termites have stopped holding hands?

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

Some of them might, but the ones in charge do not.

No one that cares about their game and their players tell those players: If you don't like it, then play another game.

• Agree Agree x 6
  18. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

The ones saying that are not developers but management and that is the problem. My cousin worked at a factory many years ago and he knew it was going to close eventually so when he had a chance to work elsewhere he left. He knew from management's poor decisions that were effecting the bottom line (shipping out air freight a box with 2 parts in it, for example) that they would be closed one day, especially as it was part of a corporation! And he also knew that management always seems to find new jobs elsewhere while its the workers on the floor, who actually made the products to make money were the ones to have to scramble to find a new job!

19. Endymion

Endymion Active Member

It was literally said by the lead designer of the game.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Meneltel

Meneltel Active Member

With an attitude like that, I classify it as management.