1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Will Daybreak games shut down in 2 months?

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Sweatypie, Apr 23, 2018.

1. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Thank you for the article. Looks very much like she was the chief marketing executive.

Which........i'm not especially impressed with her work.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

Seems like my post in the other forums got deleted....As expected.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Cindrax

Cindrax Active Member

What is the next headline.... "Russian mafia used DBG micro transactions to launder money".... maybe that is why all devs keeps saying that EQ2 is doing great... they see the laundry sales in the store and believe they are doing good? Of course none of the devs or employees of DBG is aware that this is going on.

All speculation from my side of course.

Either way, it is fun to watch how it unfolds.

4. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

I never cared that Russia was involved in a video game company. Everyone is from somewhere. It's this comical disinformation campaign they're pulling now.

If the company really was purchased by Jason Epstein and CN was not supposed to be involved, then that's what it should have been. Daybreak employees should not have been reporting to CN staff. And honestly, what's wrong with Jason Epstein buying the company personally and running it himself? Was SOE really a "Sony" company or was it John Smedley's company?

• Agree Agree x 5
  5. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

Exec: Deny reality.
    Minion: Sir, they can see it.
    Exec: Then delete it, fool!
    Minion: ... you know it's the internet, right?

The internet never forgets.

Still not even the wag of a finger for participating in the big no-no thread. To be fair, they're probably all far too busy trying to scrub the interwebs (badly).

Looks like I made my decision to go at a fortuitous time.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Endymion

Endymion Active Member

lol yeah, reminds me when one of our cats throws up and then pulls something over it to try to hide it. Points for effort, cat, but there's still vomit under there. And now there's another thing to clean up.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  7. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Regarding Laura, when someone unexpectedly leaves a company and says they are going into consulting, my instinct is to interpret that as "I just got fired and I don't have anything else lined up..."

Of course, perhaps she's just had enough.

In either case, it would be difficult to assign any positive regard to Dbg's marketing, pr, and branding efforts.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. CoLDMeTaL

CoLDMeTaL Active Member

Here's to hope with Russian money laundering ending, that they will return to trying to please actual customers. :D

9. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

Was it a 'mysterious' disappearance or did you actually get a forum mail saying the post was deleted and why?

10. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

I'm curious if Discord is as heavily censored and do you get banned for it

11. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

Y'know, this puts the refusal to allow folks to get subscriber numbers by way of census data in a new light. I wonder if that information might have tipped folks off to funny business on the corporate level...ah well.

12. Kokorobosoi

Kokorobosoi New Member

Yes errror. Discord is just as heavily moderated.

Not trying it with my main handle lol.

13. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

The story has hit mmorpg.com. Some insightful comments over there.

I bet Holly is feeling pretty good about trying to bully the gaming media and alienating them over the last few years.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. CoLDMeTaL

CoLDMeTaL Active Member

Gninja - Today at 12:03 PM
    We can't comment on it. Sorry. Like I said, as far as I know we are business as usual.

Gninja - Today at 12:09 PM
    * shrug * nothing I can do or say about any of that stuff, sorry. I can say everyone is here working on next content like we were before any of that nonsense.

From Discord

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. Endymion

Endymion Active Member

Hopefully you've been around long enough that you don't actually live in a dreamland where you believe some of decisions made in recent years are a result of anything like that. :p
    They were staunchly against this before the Russian overlords took over. Just ask Feldon.

The "business as usual" comments are whatever. Of course that's going to be the case until/if something happens. Brings back memories of the townhall meeting we had after the acquisition where we were told how important developers are right before 50% got the axe. :D

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

Yeah, I can cut him some slack there. Odds are he knows about as much as we do at the moment.

• Agree Agree x 4
  17. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

Even individual posts that even ALUDE to the issue are mysteriously disappearing. I replied to a post asking if somebody should start to wait until June and that post disappeared from the thread without explanation or reason.
    Somebody has definitely been told to expunge every possible reference

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. CoLDMeTaL

CoLDMeTaL Active Member

The US government actions will not be based on scrubbed Wikipedia entries. Hopefully they've done a better job with the money/banking/paper trail.

19. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

I'm a baaaaad person. I just sent Rox a PM asking if there was some new forbidden topic since innocuous posts were disappearing without explanation or notice

Last edited: Apr 25, 2018
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Fishy Fishy x 1
  20. Dizzy

Dizzy Active Member

I believe that approximately 1B-2B USD investments of the Renova group has already been frozen and by that I mean the bank(s) holding the investment have sent Renova a nice letter saying the monies are being moved to a special US government account and they no longer have access. This is all in the past btw as all the obvious known investments have already been dealt with. This all started on April the 6th and the new notice below applies from the 23rd of April.

https://www.treasury.gov/resource-center/sanctions/Programs/Documents/ukraine_gl12a.pdf

Last edited: Apr 25, 2018