1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Surprise! PoP Heroic zones now REQUIRE 3 toons

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Mermut, Apr 11, 2018.

1. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Reading today's update notes...

Reminds me of just how poorly thought out, designed, rushed, and managed this game has become.

I'm inclined to believe what is going on is they are preparing people for the eventual elimination of a big group of stats and procs.

I mean, if it's just a matter of slowing down fights, all they had to do was increase stone skin counters to 500 or something.

It is a terrible game these days. Absolute trash.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 4
  2. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

But hey, they've nerfed poison damage more now. That's a win right?

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

Ie Some people are geared enough to blow up the content... I wonder who made the gear and put it into the game? Clearly it's the players cheating!!!! :p

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Please keep your criticism constructive, Mermut.

If you have something to say, please slather it in thankfulness and appreciation.

Please stop being a part of the problem.

Sincerely,
    Fuli
    EQ2 Community Liason and Director of the Department of Bubble Gnomeland Security

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
    • Funny Funny x 7
    • Winner Winner x 4
  5. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

I wish there was an emoji for making you the winner and lmao at the same time! :p

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

OF course they'll never explain how that comes about. As usual the early folks profit, then the changes come and the ladder for everyone else to climb is pulled up so you can't catch up.

It's the plat duping problem all over again in a way.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. IakeFD

IakeFD Member

why would they need to extend current content halfway thru the expansion.. hrm.. wait, did they quietly shitcan the next expansion?

8. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

They're not going to tell you that until after you pre-order. Then, and only then, they'll dismissively inform you the decision to drop it was made months ago.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Senya

Senya Member

But there will be no refunds! Instead you'll get a familiar crate (older season of course) and an experience potion.

• Funny Funny x 4
  10. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Course there won't be any refunds. That's all legally accounted for in the TOS.

11. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

...And blame the players for it.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

They over played their hand with regard to player loyalty and to what extent that loyalty is blind.

Rather than appreciate the fact that players have enabled EQ2 to continue over the last 14 years, they chose to become greedy and lazy. They assumed that we would not only tolerate it, but be happy about it.

Now they are dealing with the Frankenstein that EQ2 has become, and they are failing miserably at managing the beast. Meanwhile, the villagers have lost interest, and if they haven't already, will soon be moving on.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 3
  13. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

I'm sitting here watching this latest round of content jerry-rigging.....

Could it be we are approaching a point of critical mass, where the sum of years and years of band aids, stat bloat, system replacement, and now content scarcity is nearing the point where they have run out if ways they can do it?

Last edited: Apr 20, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Gixx

Gixx Masterbotter

The sky is falling.

15. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

You described the current situation perfectly. They have created a massive cluster f**k in more ways than one. I guess when you are blinded by ego and greed, you can't see the forest for the trees. I don't really have any other explanation for their actions.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

What they needed more than anything over the last 2-3 years is to focus on what they can do well with the staff they've got left. Streamline and make the core game fun and accessible. Instead, they piled on half-baked game-breaking systems and P2W. I just can't even look at it anymore. I know I'm beating a dead horse, but when I started playing, it wasn't HomeworkQuest. It did require a few neurons firing but ultimately it was fun. Now it requires a doctoral thesis to play.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
  17. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

Not surprisingly, you summed that up much better than I could Feldon. I always thought the core game was great. To me with the release of the DOV expansion, where they jacked the stats way up, it was the beginning of the end. Then KA took it that much further with adding on additional layers of complexity.

If only they had done what you suggested. If it isn't broken, don't fix it with regard to the formula that kept so many players addicted. Fix bugs, class balance, and in general streamline every thing else.

I guess greed and ego got the best of them, very sad really. What really makes me want to laugh, cry, or do both is that they seem to think more familiar and mercenary crates will make us all so deliriously happy that we will over look every thing else.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Feldon

Back in my day, we had a few green and blue stats and a couple of procs and it was fun!

Now get off my lawn! :)

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

Hehe! I started playing shortly after EQ2 launched, so I have been here from the very beginning. I had never played a game like EQ2 before and I was hooked. I remember when we still had to get spirit shards if we died, and on raids taking two sets of gear because there were no repair kits lol :). Sigh, I miss those good times. I hurts me to see one of my most loved of all games destroyed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Feldon

I started in 2007.