1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Moving On...

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Fuli, Jan 20, 2018.

1. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

I never played entertainer so I escaped that one. It does ring a bell though :)

2. Nommi

Nommi Member

Asheron's Call had an open PVP on the "care bear" servers as they were called. They had a few dedicated PVP servers but on the other servers you could be either PVP or PVE and to turn off the PVP aspect there was a quest or altar or something they had to visit. I never played the PVP part so not sure how it worked but I did enjoy watching the PVP toons fighting with each other. Some of the well known PVP'ers would draw a pretty good size crowd to watch them fight. I think PVP and PVE can co-exist on same server as long as PVP can't attack PVE players and vice versa.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Khendrask

Khendrask Active Member

So... about Rift... I've been trying to give it a shot, just because, but they WILL NOT TAKE MY MONEY.... I don't want to F2P, I want to give it a shot as a "Patron", but they WILL NOT TAKE MY MONEY. I've tried from two CC's, and a PayPal account with money in it, anyone else have this issue?
    Otherwise, what other games should I go to? I'm sick of DBG and the last two <cough> "Expansions" they have had. Sick enough, that logging in out of boredom, I just stood with my three accounts for 80 minutes beating the Fens PQ down to 99% (not dying though).
    I almost went for the PoP TS line, but stuck a sharp object into my knee before I actually fell that far.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Dizzy

Dizzy Active Member

I have been playing a bit of Fortnite PVE Co-op (Save the World) with my cousin and I have been enjoying it. It is more a short play game format as each mission so to speak lasts 10-15 minutes. It only allows a maximum of 4 in co-op though.
    It has crafting, quiet a lot in fact and you get a home base which you build defenses in and it is persistent. As with a lot of modern games it has taken a slice out of some of an MMO's activities and has tried to focus on them. It does have micro transactions but you don't need to spend anything to progress so it doesn't seem PTW to me at this stage. Only level 16 atm so take that into account as there is still a lot of the game to open up to me yet. In fact I have only just opened the second research tree up, there are 4 levels and I have still not opened up the second skill tree, again it has 4 levels. No idea about the PvP side of the game as I don't play it.

The PvE game requires that you buy the game whereas the PvP is free to play.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

I've been playing ESO and really enjoying it.

Lots of streamers on YouTube if you want a peek.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

Are you in a non-US country? Are you logging in from a country that is not the country in which you normally reside?

As for other games, both ESO and GW2 are in good shape. FF14 is also very good, though compulsory dungeons and the art style aren't for everyone.

• Like Like x 1
  7. RhodrisNZ

RhodrisNZ Geographically Challenged

Yes, I had that very same issue as well. Took a couple of weeks, and many emails to their (quite useless but very polite) customer service folks before I fixed it myself by using a different browser. My usual browser is Firefox, but I could only get the payment to go through when I swapped to Chrome (which I hate). Try that!

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Khendrask

Khendrask Active Member

Thanks, I didn't even consider that... I'll give it a shot when I get back home.

@Tekka - No, US, South Carolina, using a US bank, and a US Paypal account.

I will give another shot at ESO, I liked it, but some friends had issues with it when we tried it, I'll have to see if they will give it a go again; and FF14 actually does look pretty good; I'm going to give that a shot as well. Thanks :)

• Like Like x 3
  9. Endymion

Endymion Active Member

If you wanna check out FFXIV, my advice would be to take it slow and enjoy the ride through the main story quest (well, except the quests after the base game but before Heavensward, those are ****ing terrible). Unless you want to chase wardrobe items, there isn't a great deal to do at end-game and it follows a fairly predictable content release cycle every three months, with a few main story quests being added every release but the other content being alternated between releases. Once I get through an expansion's main story quests, I don't have to stay subbed anymore because I'm able to do everything I want in a patch release when they do their free weekends, which is good because it saves me money but bad because I really like the world and art and want to spend more time with it, there just isn't a compelling reason to. They've said they're okay with people playing like that, but at least for me, each time I come back and quit again, I move closer to just not ever returning because their content release cycle is so formulaic and tired for me at this point.

10. Wurm

Wurm Active Member

I'm back playing Defiance. Its a buggy mess but the story is great and the shooting is a ton of fun.

11. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

I have an active ESO account but haven't logged in since January. Keep stalling trying to solo quest at low levels, big turn-off.

Haven't played Rift in years.

Still interested in a "second home" as a fallback. Anyone got a home for a brain-rotted trotter?

12. Zhaanish

Zhaanish Active Member

[QUOTE="

Still interested in a "second home" as a fallback. Anyone got a home for a brain-rotted trotter?[/QUOTE]

I'm back into LOTRO and really enjoying it.

13. Cindrax

Cindrax Active Member

I am hooked on GW2. Content is polished and game runs very smooth with hardly any lag. Some FPS drops when hundreds and hundreds of players are in the same spot can happen, but that is fixed by tuning down the amount of player models you see.

I didn't enjoy the combat system at all from the start... played for about one month three years ago, came back around one year ago and the combat system have grown on me. Best part imo is the ceiling on how high stats you can get, so you can gear out a character, stop playing for a year and come back and don't need to gear up again, you still be as powerful.

Tons of content, lots of secrets and puzzles to figure out, players everywhere on every map.

Only thing I feel missing from EQ2 is the home decoration option, but that was never that important to me personally.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

Ugh. Sorry, but I haven't forgiven NCSoft for sunsetting "City of Heroes"...

15. Wurm

Wurm Active Member

lol I remember that. And O M G my friend and I decided to go full on Overt Imperial for a few months and dive into the PVP. He had just made Master Sergeant and while we were both drunk I talked him into /slap ping Darth Vader... lol he got one shot and busted back done to private. He was so mad at me that he didn't talk to me for a month. :D

• Funny Funny x 3
  16. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

I know some of you are put off by the pvp elements planned for Ashes of Creation, but, I think this Dev panel from Pax East 2018 is great.

The business and design philosophies of this group just seems to be so refreshingly contradictory to eq2 and other games. I'm still really looking forward to this game.

One of the things they talk about during the q&A is how they are going to develop and accommdate different play styles...

Note: Somewhere around 3 min in, someone remembered to turn up the volume......

Last edited: Apr 7, 2018
  17. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

Their game seems similar to Black Desert and ArcheAge.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2018
  18. Zhaanish

Zhaanish Active Member

I will never play a game where PvP isn't optional. I won't even play a game where there are PvP "free" areas, but that require you to venture into PvP areas to get resources you need to craft. Unfortunately for me, most new MMORPGs lately seem to have PvP required at some level. *goes back to having fun in LOTRO*

Has anyone here been playing Shroud of Avatar? I got in at the $25 level in the very beginning but gave up on it because for me the game play was super clunky in alpha. However, I've heard lately that it's improved a lot. I need to go back and give it another try.

• Agree Agree x 4
  19. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

I am leery of the PvP aspect ad well. Not so much because I'm opposed to it (I like pvp), but I don't want to be in a PvP environment all the time.

Still, I'm willing to give AOC a shot. If the punishments for griefing are severe enough, it shouldn't be a significant problem.

Just have to see.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

I suspect some of you old eq1 grindie types will love this.

For me? Just no.