1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Another Producers Letter Full of Nothing

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Mermut, Mar 16, 2018.

1. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Edit: Originally said stuff....decided that you guys had already said it; so the short story version:

Spend more money and trust us.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2018
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Yes.

• Like Like x 5
  3. Senya

Senya Member

I gave them my money for PoP, but that's the last dollar they'll get out of me. I can't believe how bad they have managed to make things.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Clementine

Clementine Active Member

I was done after I finished KA in two weeks with only a horrible grind left. I've heard PoP is better but honestly I'm just so done with them I don't even care if it is better at this point. Better isn't enough, and really I wouldn't call anything about this producer's letter better. It's basically just "Here's some low effort content to keep you busy until we can milk $40 out of you again."

• Winner Winner x 2
  5. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

But......but.....expert zones are coming......and the summer ethereals!

Sure, it's the same content, but ....... it's also new!!!!

Last edited: Mar 19, 2018
    • Funny Funny x 4
  6. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

Look, I wouldn't mind this if there was some credit and goodwill earned, but after the last few years my patience is a bit low.

Decent content with no time-gates or GTFO.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Charlice

Charlice Active Member

I'm going to bet the 'things' are season four familiars.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Khendrask

Khendrask Active Member

TBH, I don't see PoP in any way better than KA.

While I thought KA was a step in the wrong direction, it did at least "Feel" large, if only because it involved new quests in the older Kunark zones. Yes, the epic grind, especially faction, was annoying, but aside from the faction requirements, the entire epic 2.0 line mostly made sense. I didn't even have a problem with the city timeline requirements for it, but I'm not one that is in a rush to get to the end-game raid and spend the next year grinding gear for no purpose. And, of course, the TS line was a real TS line, with useful recipes, that had desirable end products.

PoP is pretty much a wet dream from Gninja, who only cares about raiding, only thinks about raiding, and only does any development for raiding. Unfortunately, it seems he did most of it. The actual overland content is PoP is just a three-way-mutually-exclusive-(but not really)-faction-grind, driven by mindless, boring, repeatable quests. Once you have done that (at most a week if casual), then you just do the instance grind. Hell, if you are into that, there is no reason ever to even leave the CoV zone. Camp out there, Log in there, do the instances, camp out, rinse and repeat. For an expansion that DBG insisted was all about forcing everyone to "Go and explore", it is really just basically the battlegrounds lobby.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2