1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

GUESS WHAT GUYS!!

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Tekka, Feb 26, 2018.

1. Kokorobosoi

Kokorobosoi New Member

My data plan thanks you!!!!

I can’t wait to get home so I can lurk again lol

• Like Like x 1
  2. Nolus

Nolus Member

It's a bit ridiculous. The conversations are pretty darn tame. Here is the thread I posted, it was tame. https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?threads/understanding-the-game-and-players.583828

Oh wait, a couple weekends ago I looked to see they decided to delete it after it dropped to the second page (sneaky bastards) in whole with no message to me as to why or who.

Then, I decided I am done, I am done giving a **** about the game I hate playing twice a week to tank for my group. I'm done trying what seems like a pretty damn hopeless fight for the community and maybe a better game. 14+ years is enough. I had to let go. I changed my password (randomly) on this forum too so I would stop posting here as well. ****, that didn't work very well.

I had posted this thread, does anyone know what the hell Roxxlyy was talking about? Did I miss the horrific personal attack? (I'm asking honestly here) Did I?

A community goodbye | EverQuest 2 Forums

I have about 3 months left on my play account, I literally only log in to do the groups anymore, and that's been the case for months now. I am retiring it.

If the eq2 community wasn't so damn awesome, I would have quit years ago. But it's time for me to let it go and move on. You can't help people that don't want to be helped.

The fact that most people don't know who the producer is, should be appalling to them. I only had emails for Kander and Holly. I emailed both of them, but I'm sure neither read it or if they did it went in the bin. Would have emailed Lauren to, but it's pretty damn hard to tell if she even works there, yet alone have an email address.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  3. RhodrisNZ

RhodrisNZ Geographically Challenged

• Winner Winner x 3
  4. Rosyposy

Rosyposy Active Member

Dannni has been on my blocked list for months "over there." S/he has nothing of substance to offer, IMO.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

I remember the comment. It wasn't from you, but some idiot decided to call her a clueless teenager (or something like that).

6. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Good God. The last comment is full-on bubble gnome.

The reason devs like Kander are responding all of a sudden is because they are worried about their damn jobs.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
  7. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

I feel like the word Positive is missing from the statement in all honesty. No negativity.

• Winner Winner x 2
  8. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

Nolus, Roxxxly deleted several posts, one of which asked something like how much can you expect on a forum moderated by a teenage girl, and a few other posts pointing out her inconsistent moderation.

Yep. That's what she considers 'horrific'.

While I don't condone personal attacks against employees, it's an especially bad idea when they are inexperienced and/or thin skinned.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Nolus

Nolus Member

Ah, thank you Tekka, I was a little worried it was something more serious than that. But yeah, I don't condone personal attacks either. At least it was reasonable it got closed. FYI Roxxlyy said she did not delete the thread, I believe her. She may be young, but from what I've seen she is attempting to promote the community. Can't fault her for that, it's more than some have done.

10. Charlice

Charlice Active Member

I'm still trying to be nice over there, but it ain't easy.
    I don't get this Danni person at all. In some posts he/she comes across as being a huge fanboi/girl, in others she's as bitter and twisted as ... well, us.

Now on to more important things, guild guy has made a return and continues to amuse me.
    Aranara Anarana Home Decorate and Role Play Guild Antonia Bayle server | EverQuest 2 Forums

• Like Like x 4
  11. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

This poor guy. He just wants to have fun, but he has issues.

At least he doesn't seem to let people dampen his spirits.

12. Charlice

Charlice Active Member

He screams mass murderer to me ... he is definitely not playing with a full deck.

Just some snippets from one of his rants.

You say something first to me then I say something back you expect me to be in trouble ? No I do not want beer go away bye :D

I WIN that Simple - SAINT Dominic of Saint Dominic's Cathedral and yes I am related to a real royal family and you are post above ? No more BYE”

I get no money and not even know how that happen never been contacted about any {ROYALITY} for use my FACE as a Game Character.. but me not going to ask I guess if you brown hair male white it look like me these days.
    and do not walk into my bed room and break a stick and half like you are the statue of liberty that is me not you I am the statue of liberty for real also I can prove that easy.

so BE yourself and go away buzz off like a mor fly bye bye

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Fishy Fishy x 1
  13. Sweatypie

Sweatypie Active Member

I dont think we should make fun of someone so obviously mentally unstable. Should leave him alone and hope someone helps him, be it family or friends.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

I agree the guy has some problems. I donate quite a bit of professional work to a local nonprofit that works with the homeless, and I see a lot if people like this.

He may be a mass murderer waiting to happen, or he could have any number of mental health illnesses. Who knows.

If it' s the latter, homeless or not, those people are suffering.

I'm not calling anyone here out, and i could be completely wrong about him. But, this guy just makes me feel pretty sad.

Note: the schizophrenics have it the worst. I couldn't even begin to imagine having to voices in my head all day.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  15. Kokorobosoi

Kokorobosoi New Member

Aww it’s guild guy :) I kinda like his posts his unrelenting optimism is a nice change.... until someone triggers him anyways.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

Roxxlyy was in elementary school when EQ2 came out. She has a lot to prove, and so far she has not done a good job and seems oblivious to the community she is running roughshod over. It would be one thing if she was trying to learn the ropes and feel out the community to see what works and what doesn't. But that's not what she's doing. She's driving off diehard players who have been here for 14 years and enforcing her own brand of what she thinks game forums should look like.

She is under 20, and I'm guilty of calling an inexperienced teenager on a few occasions. Apparently I'm not supposed to use that term.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

I hope Roxxly learns that if she wants to be a good community manager, she will , at times, have to push back against staff .

She's young and inexperienced, and I suspect there are some of the staff who are taking advantage of that.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. RhodrisNZ

RhodrisNZ Geographically Challenged

Every time I see her handle, I keep wanting to break into song...."Roxanne / You don' have to put on the red light /.....

I used to be a mod on a small gaming forum - we were taught to always put a reason for edits etc so the poster knew why it was edited, and more importantly, that others would know that mods were active...

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  19. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Yep. Gina over at ESO is really good about that. Even if she deletes a thread, she leaves a note as to why she did it (the thread was way out of bounds).

• Like Like x 2
  20. Zhaanish

Zhaanish Active Member

This makes me wonder if she even gets paid or if she's an unpaid intern. It also speaks volumes about how much the community is valued by the company. I'm not saying teenagers can't be awesome employees, I'd like to think I was a good employee during my teen years. However, being a community manager or any support type job dealing with the public requires really thick skin, something most teenagers do not have.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1