1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

GUESS WHAT GUYS!!

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Tekka, Feb 26, 2018.

1. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

I have been declared 'part of the problem' at the Other Place!

I am a toxic, grumpy old man that acts like a child who hates the game and wants to take it down with me!

And I represent everything that is bad about the official forums!

Do I get a trophy or a badge or something?

I mean saying truthful things in a collected manner is not easy most days over there!

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Lock It! Lock It! x 2
    • Fishy Fishy x 1
  2. IakeFD

IakeFD Member

well thanks for letting me know.

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

People contorting themselves into a pretzel by sanitizing their posts and self-censoring anything even remotely negative in the hopes that devs will A) read it B) care, are just wasting their time.

If you're carefully crafting your posts so they aren't obliterated, you're writing for an audience of one -- Roxxlyy -- someone who is not empowered to guide or make any decisions for the game.

You know who is in charge of EQ2? Lauren. Someone most people have probably never heard of.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

I know my posts there won't make a difference, no matter how factual or polite they are. Once in a while something gets noticed, but usually not.

It's more or less like observing a social experiment in progress at this point, and sometimes I stick my finger in to see what happens.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. RhodrisNZ

RhodrisNZ Geographically Challenged

I had made the mistake of taking a mouthful of my cup of tea when I read that post.....needless to say, my monitor is now cleaner than it had been! :cool:

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  6. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Honestly, I'm really surprised we've been getting away with posting what we have the last couple of weeks.

I never call people out by name, and I try to keep my tone civil, but I haven't been holding back.

I thought for sure my slightly sarcastic translation of Longdale's nonsense was gonna be good for a ban, or at the very least, a thread lock.

In any case, the real treat is watching the bubble gnomes surface, and for some reason, they feel drawn to Tekka.

He appears to be a bubble gnome magnet, which is delightful on so many levels.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Dizzy

Dizzy Active Member

I have noticed that the moderation seems distracted currently. Things not well in the studio, management/staff reshuffle, or some other issue, it would be interesting to know.

• Agree Agree x 6
  8. RhodrisNZ

I've noticed devs are actually posting in threads a lot more in the last couple of weeks than in many months prior (or it could be that I am unobservant, which is a possibility). Even the K has deigned to post.....yet nobody has touched any of the critical posts.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Dizzy

Dizzy Active Member

Bubble Buster Badge maybe :)

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

I still think stuff is afoot. H1z1 = a lot of money that just evaporated.

Stuff is gonna happen, no doubt about it.

My theory on the moderation is someone wants the information, including the negative stuff.

Decisions are coming within 12 months. Possibly exit strategies for some of the assets. Staffing .

I mean, they've got to realize these managers are not an answer.

• Agree Agree x 5
  11. RhodrisNZ

It certainly seems like the brown sticky stuff is hitting (or is about to hit) the spinny thing.....there's a sense that DBG employees are keeping their heads down, including Roxxette or whatever her handle is.

• Agree Agree x 6
  12. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Yeah.

Given that all the numbers now suck, it"s reasonable to assume tbe next step is to try and understand why so decisions can be made.

And this means disrupting the manipulation of information.

I'm now starting to wonder if the moderation activity and general resistance to documented feedback of any kind has more to do with hiding stuff from CN .

It' s certainly plausible .

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Disclaimer:

If all my reckless speculation annoys folks, have mercy.

A lot if my business involves applied game theory, and I just can't help myself.

It's fun!

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  14. Khendrask

Khendrask Active Member

Wow Tekka, did I miss something?
    I didn't see any thread at the Evil Overlord Place that you were anything but polite and honest... Oh, wait... Honesty is forbidden over there.

Well, welcome to the club! I wish I could say it's an exclusive club, but alas, the member roles are absolutely bulging at the seams.

---
    And yes, it is interesting to see some Dev's actually posting; mostly about the discontent with the <cough> "Tradeskill" timeline and the rewards. It seems that at least a bit of the criticism has been seen before it was deleted. Still and all, it amounts to too little, too late.

I still have not bothered to run through the new TS line on Live at all, I've actually still been playing, but bringing a new toon up, and running through the older TS lines in order so I have an absolutely clear basis for comparison. In fact, I've pretty much abandoned all of PoP, and haven't made a purchase at the P2W store at all since its release. Couldn't even if I wanted to, after a dispute with DBG, they wiped out my wallet balance just to "Teach Me A Lesson". /shrug.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

You guys wait....when the game is shut down, those bubble gnomes are gonna blame us.

It's all gonna be the fault of us "Toxins".

Toxins........i like it! Gonna have to start using that. So much over the top dramatic flair.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

Such introspection would be for the first time in SOE's history.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Kokorobosoi

Kokorobosoi New Member

I’m living out of a hotel- so basically under a rock. Can someone tdlr me?

18. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

I am very vocal in my criticism of DBG on the official forums about the drastic slip in quality, the inappropriate (and lack of) communication from the team and their questionable business practices. As well as correcting misinformation spread by players - usually unintentionally (when it's a numbers issue, not a personal preference issue).

I am, for the most part, civil and polite (not perfect, though, not gonna pretend) even when the Bubble Gnomes go into full on playground mode with name calling and tantrum throwing.

This was the case the past couple of days with a poster there named Dannni. This poster kept asserting that it was the players who spoke up about their concerns who were toxic, not the report happy forum bullies, and that expressing that concern means you hate the game and it's your fault the devs won't post outside their self-created sycophantic echo chamber.

I asked Dannni to provide examples to support their several assertions, as well as their statement that pay to win is the industry standard.

(S)he fell back on standard Bubble Gnome tactics and called me all of the things in my OP, as well as declaring me to be everything that is bad about the official forums. Roxxxly edited that paragraph out of their post, presumably because someone reported it, but it's still quoted a few posts down because she doesn't clean up quotes.

I find it amusing when the Bubble Gnomes lose it and start frothing. Like Fuli said, for some reason they are drawn to me, and it never fails to entertain.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Khendrask

Khendrask Active Member

Oh, I saw Danni's posts... S(he) almost has to be a DBG plant, been there a while now, creating strife, and yelling "DBG IS AWESOME, THEY CAN DO NO WRONG, YOU PEOPLE ARE EVIL".
    S(he) never actually seems to answer a question, only scream about how wonderful everything is... generally with exceedingly poor grammar and spelling.

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

I think one poster pointed out that person was ranting all over the place about monks about a month ago.

• Agree Agree x 2