1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

PoP done?

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Inire, Dec 29, 2017.

1. Sweatypie

Sweatypie Active Member

There is no "blowing through it" when it comes to PoP. You just kinda play it and 2 weeks later you are done and left with either gathering 7800~ mats to do writs and level to 110 or you login 3 times a week to raid a few bosses until everyone has enough resolve to move to the next tier of 13 bosses, where you rince repeat the former step.

I'm glad types like you are around though, it means that the game still runs and the Fallen Gate server is running and thriving. Thanks.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 4
  2. Inire

Inire Not really an evil duck, just misunderstood.

the reward for persistence in a DBG game is a bill and more persistence

• Winner Winner x 3
  3. Senya

Senya Member

With the exception of the raiding, this is exactly my PoP experience. I played thru the factions and the signature quest line. I also used up what harvests I'd picked up running point A to point B and from my plant once a day so I think I made it to 107. I cancelled my account last week and I've not logged in since. I'm paid up until the end of January, but I've just had no desire to log in and play.

To be honest, I don't really think it's necessarily a problem with PoP, but that I was already suffering from burnout. By the time I got thru the basics in PoP I just couldn't stomach the thought of months and months of repetition. I blame KA/ascension for that.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Occam

Occam New Member

[​IMG]
    uncanny valley
    noun
    Used in reference to the phenomenon whereby a computer-generated figure or humanoid robot bearing a near-identical resemblance to a human being arouses a sense of unease or revulsion in the person viewing it.

‘anyone attempting to build a believable human facsimile also has to beware of the uncanny valley’

5. Semperfidelis

Semperfidelis Member

Yeah my stomach turned when I realized I'd need to do the PGs again for an alt. No way, it will take me months to work up the courage for that. If it wasn't a tank, I'd try to get by with just lots of infusing. I pushed my main's infusions to the 500 plat/ click stage... and now I have to do it again! Ah well, what's 30k plat per item when you have Krono right?

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. CoLDMeTaL

CoLDMeTaL Active Member

Yes, the "Uncanny Valley" is for 'graphics', but the graph of it is what I think of and it represents to me what it 'feels' like for solo to heroic. To get from toy robot to bunraku. Especially if you miss the initial wave of people going through and end up with people who don't even have their buffs turned on, and are just keystone copping it. These zones take a 'lot' of coordination in the scripts if you can't overpower them with last expacs raid gear. I dropped my solo guild and joined 3 other guilds with alts, all three of those are full of people that just give up on doing current heroics because of this. that's hundreds of people. the only guilds seeming to do the heroics are those that 'raid' but it's like a full time job to them and if you don't want to do that you are out.

In previous expacs, I made it easily tot he other side. But the last few expacs the valley seems to have grown, as my friends left.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Occam

Occam New Member

I'm a casual player, mostly getting into PuGs from time to time, and I haven't had any issues with heroics. Maybe your server just has suckier players. ;)

Seriously though, you do know there is a gear progression, right? Here's the trick:

1. Get the free gear when you first zone into PoM (15 resolve).
    2. Do the signature questline to level to 110/15 and get access to CoV.
    3. Make or buy MC gear (24 resolve).
    4. Run T1 heroics to get better gear (26 resolve).
    5. Run T2 heroics to get even better gear (29 resolve).

And that doesn't even cover the 35 resolve items you can get just for running PQs.

It really sounds like the people you've been grouping with haven't taken the time to properly gear up for the zones they're trying to run. Gear up and the heroics are all fairly straightforward. Yes, there are some boss mechanics that make you pay attention, but nothing so crazy that any of my PuG groups couldn't figure it out.

8. Charlice

Charlice Active Member

I log in, check my plants and the broker, and log out.
    The lack of tradeskill line, and the lack of crafting this expansion making any sense, has left me bitter.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Grundge

Grundge New Member

The game is dead for me. I still visit forums now and then hoping for any sign of improvement but never see it. Used to really love this game, had subbed 6 accounts but those days are long gone.

At this point nothing will make me come back. Also really upset with how they treated Feldon. Never met the guy but he seems like a really good person.

I guess it's a morbid curiousity now just waiting to see the post from the devs that EQ2 is finally shutting done. Lol yea that would feel good, I know it's not very positive but I guess I'm still bitter out blowing $100 on EQ next.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  10. Snikkety

Snikkety New Member

You have enough resolve to do heroics... In fact you have enough to raid even

11. Aeyri

Aeyri New Member

My husband and I are still working through the PoP content. We generally only have about 2 hours max a night to play.

So far, we've completed 2 out of the 3 factions, and the signature line. We run the PoI PQ pretty much every night. On our server (AB), the 8pm ET PQ raid is usually filled about 10 minutes before the zone even pops. I also finally just got my Epic 2.0 done, and my husband is still working on his.

So far we are mostly enjoying the content, and looking forward to the release of the crafting line. The repeatable faction quests can be a bit tedious at times, but after doing the Rime horse faction years ago I think I've become immune :p And I feel like the faction grinding is on par with other games I played. (I recall back when I used to play WoW, and you could change your XP bar into a faction bar to keep track of your faction grinding.)

We haven't gotten a chance to try the other two PQs yet, or the key quests, or the heroics (or even the solos past what it took to get through the sig quest), so I feel like there is still stuff for us to do.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Inire

Inire Not really an evil duck, just misunderstood.

Awesome, thank you for your feedback. Do you feel like the play time schedule of two hours a night gives you enough time to feel like you accomplished something at the end? Perhaps I am looking at this through the lenses of my own experiences which was 6-8 hours per night every night for years, which might be too fast to enjoy this. Perhaps the right pace is a more casual burn time.

Thanks again for your comments.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  13. Dizzy

Dizzy Active Member

Well after the so called crafting signature line finally appeared I think I should only have payed half of what I did for the expansion. A few others I talked to in guild think the same.

• Agree Agree x 5