1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

New Producer Letter, well note really

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by CoLDMeTaL, Jan 17, 2018.

1. Khendrask

Khendrask Active Member

Well, someone had to :) But TBH, it was more of a producer's post-it note.

2. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Lol - only took 2 replies for the first of Tekka's Bubble Gnomes to surface.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

They are like freaking clockwork, I'm telling you.

• Winner Winner x 2
  4. Dizzy

Dizzy Active Member

When I get a warning or suspended on the those forums I am going to blame you :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Well, in hindsight, I did a pretty poor job of inviting the "Super Postive OMG This Game Is Awesome" breed if Bubble Gnome - on account of the sarcastic tone.

Tactical error on my part, because those Gnomes are by far the most entertaining.

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. Khendrask

Khendrask Active Member

Just an aside... but I HAD the EQ2 discord channel in my Discord list... NEVER made a post there. Not once. Now it seems to have vanished, and I cannot rejoin; Did they just blanket ban me based on my "Official EQ2 Email address" ?

7. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

I'e never done the discord thing, but I've heard it can be pretty buggy.

8. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

I already have a warning outstanding. Wonder if this will seal the deal.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Dizzy

Dizzy Active Member

Did you register and confirm for your name/id ? If it lists it as unclaimed then it may expire and I believe that the invites can expire as well. Not a discord expert at all.

I use discord for Wow and as of today both EQ2 and my sisters Wow guild discord channels are working for me. Currently I am not banned on the official forums but I am still not a believer in discord however it lets me chat with family atm.

10. Nolus

Nolus Member

Do the producers actually do anything?

It doesn't even feel like they give a **** about the game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

Watch cat videos. J/k

They watch what people are buying, stare at Excel sheets all day, decide what to make more of, approve game update and expansion plans. Anything to do with budget.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Producer = Project Manager

Exec Producer = Project Manager in charge of making money and providing final approvals on stuff i.e Boss

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Endymion

Endymion Active Member

When I was there, Holly (who was producer at the time) also offered input on features I was working on, which I appreciated since she was probably the closest thing we had to what I thought our "typical" player was actually like on the team (I don't mean that in a condescending way, by the way).

• Informative Informative x 2
  14. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

Thanks for posting the letter over there lol. I posted this to express my feelings about it:

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Well, that didn't take long.

PL thread locked down around 9:30am mst. No comment or explanation.

Wonder why they didn't just delete it?

• Agree Agree x 4
  16. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

sorting through who is naughty and nice I guess

17. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

No doubt .

I think you have the right if it though. It's likely the game has reached the point where further production has become more uncertain than not.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Cindrax

Cindrax Active Member

My reaction to the producers post-it note:

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  19. IakeFD

IakeFD Member

producer's blurb

i can't be bothered to look them up, but i don't feel like this one is much worse or different than the last few.

20. Liv

Liv New Member

yep, they deleted my post.

I really loved eq2 mostly the lore behind and the friendships that I made.

• Fishy Fishy x 1