1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Interesting comment from Domino about EQ2 Crafting...

Discussion in 'Tradeskills' started by Khendrask, Jan 17, 2018.

1. Khendrask

Khendrask Active Member

I wonder if she's actually enjoying playing as a player...

For any who haven't seen it, her full interview thread is here:
    EverQuesting: The Domino effect on Daybreak and EverQuest II

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. CoLDMeTaL

CoLDMeTaL Active Member

She is such an optimist! Maybe you must be. Maybe I was, once long time ago. I'm pretty sure that it was beaten out of me by life. hehe

3. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

The Tradeskill content she produced was some of the best quest content in each expansion.

She had a hell of a time with her work visa in fall 2016 and got stuck in Canada for a month. Even though she followed all the rules and expectations they just up and cancelled her visa and she didn't know til she got to the airport. She had to scramble to get people to go to her apartment and take care of her animals and such. With the changeover to Trump and his talk about Travel Bans and Extreme Vetting and other scaremongering, she decided she'd had enough and didn't want to take the risk of being stuck again. I believe she's now at Bioware.

She really did enjoy being a player and interacting with us. She treated players with respect and that was almost entirely mutual. It's amazing what happens when you don't treat your customers with disdain and hostility.

Considering she left in March 2017, I don't know how much she contributed to the Planes of Power expansion. It's really unlikely that the Tradeskill timeline that eventually gets released will be as entertaining as the things she used to do.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 4
  4. Dizzy

Dizzy Active Member

If you enjoy your job you never work a day in your life :).

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Khendrask

Khendrask Active Member

Yes, Domino was the best there, and her absence shows.
    As far as the PoP TS timeline, she did nothing towards it, as she was removed from her dev role prior to leaving DBG.

6. Feldon

They had her doing stuff on Landmark, which is like rearranging the deck chairs as the Titanic is taking on water.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Senya

Senya Member

I credit Domino for me enjoying EQ2 as much as I did for as long as I did.

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. Quidam

Quidam New Member

Its a shame Domino is not the producer...

• Agree Agree x 5
  9. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

You mean they threw her in front of the (rightfully) angry players to try and legitimize what they were doing, and use the community's good will toward her personally to scale down the hate toward them as a company.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Feldon

Ayup. And Landmark still didn't make it 365 days.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

I'm sure all that stuff with immigration was a good reason for her to take off.

I'm also pretty confident that after the EQN fiasco, then Landmark, and then knowing what EQ2 has turned into.......

Well, I'm sure she couldn't get out of that company fast enough.

I mean lets face it, as talented and well liked as she is, she could have easily been in on one of the new projects.

Instead, she's at Bioware (pretty darn good company).

Emily is not going to come out in public and say anything negative about anyone at DBG or about DBG in general. She's too nice and too smart to do that.

I think her actions communicate plenty.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. Feldon

She's classy for sure. She won't come out and spill the beans. But when someone asked what happened to eqnext and landmark... :)

Attached Files:

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Nolus

Nolus Member

& maybe without a greasy slimeball at the helm.

14. Cindrax

Cindrax Active Member

"But everything I’ve done for the past 9+ years is well documented for the team"

Guess we can add reading to the skills the current dev team don't have.... :p

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Charlice

Charlice Active Member

I wish Domino was still there, but I can't help but be thankful for her that she isn't. I imagine PoP has made her a bit sad.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1