1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Made an EQ2U Item OpenSearch at Mycroft Project

Discussion in 'EQ2U Players Support & Feedback' started by Mysstie, Oct 10, 2017.

1. Mysstie

Mysstie Member

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Inire

Inire Not really an evil duck, just misunderstood.

why would feldon mind? he's actually helped others try to build competing projects lol.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

I'm not sure how it works, but it sounds cool. The API is for everyone. I had to remind Holly that I'm not the only site that would notice if the service went away. :confused:

There's so much more search capability I could add to items (and characters and guilds).

• Like Like x 1
  4. Mysstie

Mysstie Member

It looks like your search uses POST variables to get the search terms. Is it possible for it to be modified to also work with GET variables of the same name if they are present in the URL? If there's a particular reason you don't want to allow this method, that's fine. Just curious.

There's some browser search extensions and such that don't work with POST methods.

5. Feldon

It wasn't my intention that all of EQ2U's forms would be POST based rather than GET, but our URL structure was set before I really gave any input. It's kind of a pain and it makes for extra effort to make a permalink to anything.

For item searches, you could look at the permalink structure we have and then build URLs that align with that same URL structure.

That won't help with character or guild searches though.

6. Mysstie

Mysstie Member

Well, within my own site I have links going directly to the item id's at your site since I know them from the Census data and that works to go to the item's page (like EQ2U - Item Details - Solusek Miner's Pick ) there but doesn't for say highlighting some text, right-clicking, and then picking EQ2U from the context menu, which this browser extension I am using sends a request like:

Code:
    https://u.eq2wire.com/soe/item_search_results?item_name=an%20alabaster%20pekin&submit=Search
    Which doesn't work. It just loads whatever you happened to search for before. Now, searching directly from the browser's search bar does work since it sends it out as a POST. At least the extension does give a warning that it might be incompatible. ContextSearch web-ext :: Add-ons for Firefox

I'll check with the extension author. Perhaps he can modify it to send out a POST request if the search engine is defined to do such. 1.0.1b9: Working with POST based search engines · Issue #2 · ssborbis/ContextSearch-web-ext

Last edited: Dec 11, 2017
  7. Feldon

• Like Like x 1
  8. Mysstie

Mysstie Member

Oooo... I can just make a separate search plugin then using that method or modify the existing one I made.

9. Mysstie

Mysstie Member

• Like Like x 1
  10. Mysstie

Mysstie Member

• Like Like x 1