1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Silly names for things

Discussion in 'Coffee House' started by Shmogre, Sep 27, 2017.

1. Shmogre

Shmogre Active Member

Over the years of playing, friends and I have called in-game items and places by silly names...to the point that some times I goof and use those names with other "not in the loop" folks. :confused:

Things like:

battle plantains = war bananas

victornuts = Victor's nuts
    ("I harvested a couple of Victor's nuts this morning." "Ouch, poor Victor." Super classy, I know.)

Fens of Nathsar = Fans of Nascar

Jarsath Wastes = JarJar Wastes

Halas = Holla!!!
    (said enthusiastically)

Moors of Ykesha = Why, Kesha?
    (yeah, that one's bad)

anything with "mucus" in its name becomes "muck-us"
    (we had a guildy long ago that pronounced it that way and it stuck)​

Sinking Sands = Stinking Sands

devourers = "the sperm dudes" (more classiness, but darn it, everyone knows what we mean right away)​

(plus others that I'm sure I'll remember as soon as I post this <grin> )​

You guys have any? :D

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Mecah

Mecah New Member

I always call the devourers spermies. Have since they first appeared. Had a person call me out on that one time by asking why I would use that word and call them that. Uh, because they look like sperm? I think they were offended, lol.

Twark = Twerk
    Nye'Cyelona (spelling??) = My Sharona.

Those are the two I can think of off the top of my head, but I am sure over the years there have been many. Sometimes zones even get special names, some I can't dare to type :p

• Like Like x 2
  3. Shmogre

Shmogre Active Member

Ditto on My Sharona (sometimes it’s New Caledonia when we are feeling worldly). Twark is either Twerk or Quark, depending on the geek level of the person I’m talking to. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Noctew

Noctew New Member

Devourers definitely are sperm, everybody I know calls them that. On Valor (German) we used to call Steppes Station "Deppenstation" (Morons' Station). Thundering Steppes (Donnersteppe) was Donersteppe of course. Nye'Cyelona is Neukölln (a district of Berlin).

• Like Like x 2