1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Will you be buying the new expac?

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by CoLDMeTaL, Aug 25, 2017.

1. Ansom

Ansom Member

Agreed. Atm most eq2 stats are old history (MA, dps, flurry, pretty much all melee stats), only pot, cb (until the cap) and abi mod matter.. It's silly to have several layer for control the dps, like the comb mit, or the new "selective live/pg/tle spell/ca controll". It's funny to see scout gear (event from epic 2.0 quest) with mage skill, and mage gear with scout skill. Is not very funny to see people able to solo end game raid, from the last expa update (nizara zone), or in 4 for the script...

"the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing, and the left seems confused"

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Inire

Inire Not really an evil duck, just misunderstood.

..... Gninja? that you?

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. Dizzy

Dizzy Active Member

A slight lack of technical and design leadership maybe :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Inire

lots of promotion by firing below/failure above, lack of architecture/design knowledge. It's a game written by middle managers.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Lateana

Lateana New Member

I will be buying it.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Senya

Senya Member

I'll probably buy the expansion. I still enjoy some aspects of the game, which is why I'm not just quitting right now, but I'm doubtful that the new expansion is going to really address the worst of the issues. I'm hoping to be proved wrong. Additionally, I hope that this time next year I'm not repeating the same sentiments and still giving DBG my money for another expansion if they've not addressed the problems they seem to keep ignoring.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Yes because I haven't found anything else that I like better - and there are still aspects of the game that I find immersive and enjoyable, particularly the crafting/building/decorating. I'm also thrilled to see an increase in the level cap and new zones etc - I can't help it - I love all that every year and it's exciting to see the world getting bigger - the art work is still amazing.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

I agree with you that this game still has the best crafting/building/decorating of any mmorpg I have played to date. I only hope that the new expansion will include a huge new zone for us to play/explore in. I was disappointed that KA was so very tiny even though it did have great artwork.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Semperfidelis

Semperfidelis Member

I've learned over the years that if I don't, I always have regrets. Maybe that's not the best reason ever, but it's true. There are certain imperatives in gaming. Must allow people to distract you when they're ready to do something. Must do the questlines even if you don't feel particularly immersed this particular time, and must buy the CE (possibly now it's PE) or you'll be bummed later. Well I would be. There is a sense of, "there's so much content I want to redo, or do for the first time because I wasn't here when it came out" VS "I wish I could do experts, somehow I never get there, must infuse, must grind until Tome, must (insert stat improvement here)." In my old age, I've learned that it's a privilege to feel that way... embarrassment of riches. Now if I could just figure out how to play my Warlock, I seem to have lost the knack again. :D

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 15, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

It would be easier to make a decision if they would give out information about it.... besides an extra 10 lvls and 'smashing arts together'.. we know NOTHING about it....

• Like Like x 2
  11. Senya

Senya Member

I'm seriously starting to wonder if it's really going to be a November release. We don't even have a name yet.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

I popped my head back into Rift recently, I've been in and out of that game for a while now. They were making some really good advances in dimensions and decor last time I played.

I would say now they have definitively surpassed EQ2 in that area.

Not just in crafted environmental effects, crafted dimensions and the like, but the materials selection is just crazy. I think I'm up to something like 6 different kinds/colors of brick, at least that many wood and metals. Colored limestone. Glowing blocks. Blinking blocks. Glass blocks. Water blocks that you can flag collision on.

And I just discovered they've added working doors AND windows since I was in last.

They're also working on cross server dimension visitation. (you can currently hop to any server you like, but can only visit dimensions on your home server)

DISCLAIMER: This is in no way an advertisement for Rift. I just wanted to point out that other games out there have caught up and over taken EQ2 in the one area where they used to be the undisputed leader. Wildstar is also apparently AMAZING to decorate in, but I've never played, so I can't give specific examples.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

I've heard the same thing about wildstar with respect to an amazing crafting and deco game.

For those hoping for a bigger eq2 expansion, not gonna happen. They don't have the staff anymore.

Pretty much, ka style expansions are what you're going to get, and, they are likely to continue the trend of encouraging cash shop transactions by bracketing character power progression between no realistic chance of acquiring what is needed and needing that power to advance through more challenging content.

TLDR: small expansions, heavy on grind, cash shop driven.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

Are all of those items craftable by the dreamweaver crafting profession? I haven't played Rift in a while, but at the time I had my dreamweaver maxed out and I don't remember any of the items you listed. I did love the various dimensions and had a few of them. Any info you can give me would be appreciated and heck I might even dust off my character and play again.

15. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

Sorry in advance for the long response!

All of the profession have some dimension items that they can craft. The environmental effects and the dimension keys are crafted by the dreamweaver profession.

Deco/Building is a lot more accessible in Rift than EQ2 in a general sense in that there are a larger variety of ways to 'get stuff', often multiple ways to get the same item - craft, purchase for game coin, purchase for credits, purchase with 'perk' currencey (affinity), minions. The the building community there also has 'take a penny/leave a penny' dimensions on every server, and frequently just toss common (and even uncommon) items at folks that ask for them.

The glass, water (with collision toggle), glowing and blinking blocks are purchased in packs with affinity currency (a subscription perk). However many of the Dimensionerds have stock piles they're willing to share with folks.

This is the Dreamweaver recipe list from my main Doing Things character in Rift, but I don't yet have all the recipes trained:

Blocks: Full set of matte black

Dimension Items: faecap mushroom, angular onir urn, draunheim large oval platform, mermaid wall statue, mermaid wall statue bare, onir chair, onir conversation piece, ornate onir urn, rectangle onir table, square onir table, tapered onir urn, red curtains, fancy red pillow, striped red pillow, dream focus, plain red pillow

Dimension Keys: tempest island, moonriven beach, anywhere (just a large, empty square of sand), gloamwood glen, karthan ponds, scarlet gorge cliff, stillmore vale, fetid plains, stone grove, tower meadow, bahralt's ascent

Light (environmental): ball lightning, large blue ground ring, large red ground ring, small green ground ring, small white ground ring, purple lightning vortex, white lightning vortex, large blue light, large orange light, large red light, large violet light, large yellow light, large cool light, large warm light, blue lighting vortex, yellow lightning vortex, medium blue light, small blue light, medium violet light, small violet light, medium orange light, colorful stained glass wall projection, small orange light, intermittent blue lightning, intermittent yellow lightning, medium yellow light, small yellow light, medium cool light, blue stained glass window projection, small cool light, medium warm light, small warm light, mini spotlight

Particles (environmental): black electric egg, poison vapor and bubbles, medium blue electric bubble, medium orange electric bubble, small orange bubble, small pulsing shield effect, massive smoke plume, quicksand overlay, god rays, blue magic aura, green magic aura, red magic aura, falling green motes, orange dust devil, white smoke, floating blue motes, blowing dandelions, black smoke, small sandstorm, faer sparkle

Planar Crafting (environmental): cloud layer, heart of the beast, telluric crystal, telluric cube

Terrain Paint (yes, you can paint over the ground, rocks, blocks, etc): autumn leaves, mossy grass, wild grass, farm furrows, underwater, hay, snow, life (planar), breath of crucia (planar), queen crucia's lace (planar), death (planar), moonshade dirt and grass, moonshade grass, charred earth, ravaged earth, dessert, green freemarch grass, yellow freemarch grass

Water and Fire: fireburst ring, small fire vortex, circle pond surface, rectangle pond surface, square pond surface, massive waterfall curtain, waterfall base, waterfall curtain, small wildfire, creek waterfall splash, splashing water, bonfire fire, quiet blue fire, quiet green fire, quiet red fire, silent waterfall splash, cooking fire, awning drip line, steam jet, occasional water drips, candle fire

Weather Blockers (keeps rain/snow effects out of area): weather blocker pyramid

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. Charlice

Charlice Active Member

I loved how you could re-scale tiles and walls and ... stuff, and the pattern stayed the same no matter the scale. I should have another look at Rift, I can still post in forums there! ;)

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

Thanks!!! <3

• Like Like x 1
  18. Murfalad

Murfalad Guest

I'll be buying it, overall I've enjoyed this expansion

Pro's : Plenty to do, raid progression is good so far at least with no brick wall scaling of difficulty.
    Con's : Alts got hammered - too many pre-requisites, not sure where stats can go (same for plat!) and some stats have become worthless again

Combine that with players I know and the game has Frogloks and it is an easy decision.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Inire

I think you should look at Rift again, and Shroud of the Avatar.

Those two games seem to be getting the love for housing... I've heard good things about FFXIV too.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Inire

I feel that your last line there is 99% of your reason you are staying! :)