1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

O M G the new PQ chest is tiny...

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Wurm, Jun 13, 2017.

1. Wurm

Wurm Active Member

Just got done KP1 the chest is tiny and of course it was underwater...

2. Wurm

Wurm Active Member

I bugged it, everyone should also /bug it, that people who did the PG received no reward is unacceptable.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Shmogre

Shmogre Active Member

Apparently Chrol said in Discord that they will make the chests bigger.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Shmogre

Shmogre Active Member

5. Shmogre

Shmogre Active Member

More from Chrol on the DBForums:

6. Wurm

Wurm Active Member

They need to make it as big as a house and have particle effects. Just like the old DoV PQ chests.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

I've been shooting off fireworks when I find the chest to help others zero in on it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Uxtalzon

Uxtalzon Member

Already happened twice that the chest did not spawn for anyone after the PQ was completed. One for JW and the other KP.

Zero developer response, so don't expect PQs to be fixed of that issue.

9. Shmogre

Shmogre Active Member

More news from Chrol:

10. Wurm

Wurm Active Member

Oh I bet it spawned, just in a random spot in zone and nobody found it in time. We finished the OF today and the chest spawned over by the goblins... :rolleyes:

11. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. Shmogre

Shmogre Active Member

Just ran afoul of the "did the PQ but couldn't see the chest" issue in JQ...have ACT parse that shows I hit the Hero, got the 10k status update for killing him, but no quest update and no visible chest. Looking forward to the changes Chrol said they are working on...

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  13. Charlice

Charlice Active Member

Twice yesterday I did PQ's and couldn't see the chest. It's not that I couldn't find the chest, I just couldn't see it. Both times I was there from the start. Once was in JW, once umm, somewhere.
    Needless to say I haven't done one since, and it gave me cranky pants. You don't even get the XP if you don't/can't loot the chest.

What a frustrating stupid change. The times I did see the chest was only because someone camped one of those Gazebo thingies on top of it, come on, I'm old, MAKE IT BIG FFS.

DoV worked well, it was huge and always in the same place, but I'm thinking that would defeat their purpose of stopping AFK players prospering.

Another untested change. Colour me shocked.

14. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

Biggest waste of dev time ever.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Shmogre

Shmogre Active Member

My main issue with AFKers is that the difficulty of the PQ goes up with more players, so it can make the fights even more tedious. I'm cool with them discouraging it mainly for that reason.

(And it's extra annoying when the AFKers tie up the sentinels in Fens, since those increase the damage reduction on the dragon. More people are learning to keep an eye out for that and taunt them off as needed, but it's still frustrating.)

I do wonder what made them decide that now was the time to implement the (untested) changes, though...

• Like Like x 1
  16. Wurm

Wurm Active Member

I'll be more than a bit upset if they don't add this change during the downtime... the hate for this change in general chat has become ultra-toxic.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Charlice

Charlice Active Member

Aye, not sure if you're on HoF, but it seems players just lack the motivation to do them now, myself included. I haven't seen any toxic chat, but plenty of anger.

Exactly how many players were doing them afk anyway? Why the need for the chest? If they can limit who can loot the chest by measuring input, why can't they do the same for the pop ups? Surely they can ignore merc damage?

• Like Like x 1
  18. Shmogre

Shmogre Active Member

The chest ain't tiny no more. :D

Just finished JW and Fens, and both worked really well...there was a waypoint for the chest, the chest was much bigger and easily clicked even with everyone standing around it, and I actually got a reward both times. And at least for the one I did in Fens, there were fewer people auto-attacking/AFKing and tying up the Sentries, so we were better able to pull them back to the group for killing.

Huzzah.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Charlice

Charlice Active Member

It's much better now that's for sure.

• Agree Agree x 2