1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

A burnt key? BBQ armor?

Discussion in 'Items, Equipment, and Mechanics' started by Eddard, Jan 27, 2017.

1. Eddard

Eddard New Member

Does anyone know how the new "duck zone" is working in Obulus Frontier? People have received zone messages of embers burning, a burnt key along with BBQ armor has been disco'd very recently. Thought this would be a good place to banter on it and/or discuss how it all works.

2. Shmogre

Shmogre Active Member

Udonn posted this on the Daybreak Forums:
    (A couple of folks have said the key showed up in their bags when they zoned into Obulus Frontier (seemed to be about five minutes after the "smell of burning embers" system message went out), and others have said they got the key in addition to the normal ones rewarded with a timed key quest.)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Eddard

Eddard New Member

Thanks for sharing! Anyone else have any info or confirmations?

4. Terrius

Terrius New Member

I stayed logged into OF on AB for 36 hours, the message still hasn't happened. I wonder if it is like the duck portal and requires people killing in zone, or something.

5. Terrius

Terrius New Member

So I am now up to 60 hours and no mysterious messages or anything have occurred in Obulus Frontier. So this leads me to believe that either a) it has a super long reset timer, or b) it isn't actually a server/zone wide message, or c) it requires a certain event to happen to trigger it kind of like with the kills and the duck portal.

So basically I still know nothing :(

6. Draxid

Draxid Guest

I talked to two people, I was in zone when they got the key. One was on repeatable faction quest (not turning in, just when he was flying around looking for mobs), the other had a few accounts up and was on a different account, the toon that got it was afk, but didn't have his afk flag up.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Terrius

Terrius New Member

I'm going to try to keep a character logged in on AB for the next few days to see if there is any rhyme or reason to the keys. I'm using a super inefficient ACT trigger that I made to track it. But it works for now and says "Burnt Key" when it pops for someone.

<Trigger R=".*has received a burnt key*." SD="Burnt Key" ST="3" CR="F" C=" General" T="F" TN="key" Ta="T" />

• Like Like x 1
  8. Terrius

Terrius New Member

All times in Mountain Time:

[Sat Feb 4 16:43:39 2017] \#00FF00Furd has received a burnt key... Who knows what this could be for...
    [Sun Feb 5 19:47:27 2017] \#00FF00Mrinsane has received a burnt key... Who knows what this could be for...
    [Mon Feb 6 16:21:08 2017] \#00FF00Eorendel has received a burnt key... Who knows what this could be for...
    [Tue Feb 7 14:53:32 2017] \#00FF00Furd has received a burnt key... Who knows what this could be for...

So far this is all the data I've gathered.

Interesting that the same player has gotten it twice in 4 days.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Shmogre

Shmogre Active Member

Terrius, which server and what zone were those in?

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Terrius

Terrius New Member

Antonia Bayle, OF1

• Like Like x 1
  11. Shmogre

Shmogre Active Member

Thank you much!

Do we know if anyone has gotten a key in an OF instance other than 1, or are we looking at yet another spawn that only happens in the prime instance?

• Like Like x 1
  12. Draxid

Draxid Guest

The guy that had the accounts up was still at his computer, and answered my tells. I've yet to see anyone get it that didn't reply to my tells.

13. Terrius

Terrius New Member

Another one spawned today.

Mountain time, Antonia Bayle, OF1
    [Wed Feb 8 10:36:44 2017] \#00FF00Zedly has received a burnt key... Who knows what this could be for...

14. Zeddicious

Zeddicious New Member

Information regarding the location of the portal seems to be... sketchy at best. Has anyone been tracking the portal locations at all?

15. Inire

Inire Not really an evil duck, just misunderstood.

16. Shmogre

Shmogre Active Member

If the actions that make one eligible are distanced from the actual trigger, and the mechanism for becoming eligible is hard to discover, then I'd have to say that makes it essentially random, yes.

All people are asking for is a way to work towards earning these items. As it stands now, the mechanics are now even more shrouded in mystery and the devs themselves have said that we are unlikely to figure out why someone wins the lottery.

17. Inire

Inire Not really an evil duck, just misunderstood.

at some point you have to say eh... it's a fun thing but obviously designed to be a random "hey look at this" and not a checkbox for "goals"

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Shmogre

Shmogre Active Member

It's a shame that decent gear (and a new orange adorn) are locked behind it. If they had instead done a cool appearance piece, or some useful (but not best-in-game) potions or group buffs, and/or a title, it would have been more of a fun "I'll get it if I get it" mechanism.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Terrius

Terrius New Member

I made Video of the Burned Woods, even checked with Kander to make sure it was okay to post it to Youtube first! :)

• Like Like x 2
  20. wahidovic123

wahidovic123 New Member

On the off chance that the activities that make one qualified are removed from the real trigger, and the component for getting to be qualified is difficult to find, at that point I'd need to state that makes it basically irregular, yes.
    Clean Master Facebook Lite Mathway
    All individuals are requesting is an approach to move in the direction of acquiring these things. As it stands now, the mechanics are presently significantly more covered in riddle and the devs themselves have said that we are probably not going to make sense of why somebody wins the lottery.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2018