1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Domino leaving Daybreak at the end of February.

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Democyde, Feb 16, 2017.

1. Democyde

Democyde New Member

According to her twitter. :(

• Dislike Dislike x 3
  2. Einelinea

Einelinea New Member

Makes me sad -- any of our old people left to guide the ship ?

3. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

Rumors that other people on the EQ2 team have been reassigned to other teams too.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  4. Einelinea

Einelinea New Member

Never sounds like a good thing to me -- hope our " old girl" can stay alive through it all - spent a whole lot of time in Norrath, many memories -- my very first serious mmo

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Shmogre

Shmogre Active Member

Sadness. :(

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Democyde

Democyde New Member

Same. I occasionally try others, but invariably get bored and come home to Norrath.

Well that's extremely unsettling.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Dizzy

Dizzy Active Member

Not a good sign at all.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. ziboo

ziboo New Member

That's not good to hear. No, not at all.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

The beginning of the end then.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Bergex

Bergex New Member

I really doubt that, EQ2 is still doing pretty good, still seeing new people/returning players coming back, there is no game out there that gives the same style of game play as EQ2 does. If it is the sign of the end, that sucks.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. CoLDMeTaL

CoLDMeTaL Active Member

They've done everything they can to kill it. Not surprised.

12. Phaedrix

Phaedrix New Member

Do we have anything more concrete than that?

Publicly, Domino cited current political conditions in the US as motivation for returning home to Canada. Obviously, that doesn't exclude problems at DBG that she doesn’t wish to discuss on Twitter.

I don't know. Feldon, I think often of your remarks about the enduring profitability of EQ2 and would be surprised if it shut down soon. Has something changed dramatically in recent months? Maybe it’s a purge in the interest of making a fresh start in future development. Then again, if it were a pro-EQ2 purge, so to speak, they’d be firing instead of reassigning.

I find this confusing.

13. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

Alas I have nothing concrete I can post. Ultimately, we have to look at the game *as it is now* and decide if we are enjoying it and make our decision based on that. I know people want to look down the road to some specific date and think the sooner they cut themselves off, the more pain they will avoid. Well it doesn't really work that way. Play as long as the game is rewarding and entertaining for you.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Inire

Inire Not really an evil duck, just misunderstood.

all four of them reassigned? lol.

seriously tho... get the diving helmet on folks.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1