1. Class forums are intended for ALL play styles. PLEASE make use of the Prefixes to specify if your thread is targeted towards Solo, Heroic, or Raid characters. The same AA spec, Spell rotation, or Adornment strategy that works for a progression raid guild doesn't work in Tier 1 grouping.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

dps/haste useless?

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Carnades, Jan 25, 2017.

1. Carnades

Carnades Guest

According to EQ2u.com, dps mode and haste as well as weapon & spellweapon dmg is of Limited usefullness in Kunark Ascending and beyond. if this is true then how far should it be dropped down to? I know that majority of our dmg is comming from potency/Critbonus and abil mod.
    Also is 100% double cast still what we are shooting for as far as stats?

and as previously said why did the devs give us a ring with weapon dmg ( not spell weapon which would make more sense) if it is limited usefulness? wehres the casting speed or double cast?

2. Dedith

Dedith New Member

Technically, the autoattack stats are not useless. They have overall dimishing returns, more or less. Basically, the devs have deemed autoattack will not get better than it can right now. However, they are pushing hard into beefing up Combat Arts, Spells, and Procs.

In general, if you're hitting your caps on your autoattack stats (dps, multiattack, haste, aeautoattack, and such) and your autoattack is still doing poorly on your parse (say, 2% or under), then you may want to consider shifting some of the stats that do not effect proc chances over to ability modifier or potency.

The problem is that for most casually geared folks, their autoattack is still a good chunk of their dps. If you can, look at your parse data from ACT. If your entry for slash, pierce, or crush (or whatever dmg type you infused into the weapon) in the dps chart is a really low percentage, then reforging out of some stats (aeautoattack and haste still effect proc chances) may be worth it as it'll bump up the CA/Spell/Proc damage more than it would bump up the autoattack damage.

My toons are still doing a good chunk of damage from autoattack, so I'm not adjusting mine just yet. However, I'm not even in more than a few pieces of Kunark Ascending heroic gear.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Halfbreed

Halfbreed New Member

I agree with what Dedith says. Also, many players are capping their strikethrough even if they usually stand behind their targets because sometimes, they cannot stand behind their targets and sometimes the target is a bruiser where you need strikethrough even if you are behind. This melee stat is important because if you don't hit the target, your procs don't proc.

4. Carnades

Carnades Guest

ok, did several raid zones and Crush (ranged) is doing 1% of my dmg
    currently im runnin at 543dps/354hst/20kpot/cb is cappedat 4k, flurry at 118%
    and have 355k abil mod..
    so I guess ill reforge out of dps and hast into abil mod
    Dont think ill reforge into strikethru tho as thats morly melee, and if my crush (ranged) is only doing 1% wouldnt be worth it would it?
    What are other necros doing to incres there dmg?
    Any other suggetions let me know please

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2017
  5. Dedith

Dedith New Member

Haste DOES help swing faster thus trigger procs faster.
    Strikethrough DOES help hit from the front/sides or on brawler mobs, which helps trigger procs.
    Weapon Skills & Accuracy DOES help you hit which helps trigger procs.
    AEAutoattack DOES trigger procs per target.

Flurry, Multiattack, Dps, and Weapon Damage Bonus do NOT help trigger procs.

edit: forgot to at AEAutoattack, sry.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2017
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Inire

Inire Not really an evil duck, just misunderstood.

it puts the lotion in the basket, or it gets the hose again.

7. Pale Rider

Pale Rider New Member

From my testing, AE autoattack does not increase the proc rate for weapon procs (such as Decisive Strike or the offhand). Have not tested if it increases procs from spells like Peace of Mind.

8. Dedith

Dedith New Member

Each hit on a mob from a base autoattack or ae autoattack should provide opportunity for a proc.

Note, even Feldon's research has AE Autoattack as useful and the tooltips for it on EQ2U do not mark it as less useful in Kunark Ascending.