1. Class forums are intended for ALL play styles. PLEASE make use of the Prefixes to specify if your thread is targeted towards Solo, Heroic, or Raid characters. The same AA spec, Spell rotation, or Adornment strategy that works for a progression raid guild doesn't work in Tier 1 grouping.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Mage Epic 2.0 Research & Discussion

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Administrator, Dec 14, 2016.

1. Drax

Drax New Member

There's a lamp in Shimmering Citadel that my wife (healer) and Errrorr (mage not on this quest) couldn't see. Other mages on this level of the quest are able to see it and have the same interaction I had

It's in Shimmering Citadel at -273, 185, -68 or so.. Needed to speak Uruvanian (Words of Air language, from djinn body drops).

Image courtesy of Ratsle:

[​IMG]

Once you do this dialogue, it sounds like the update can be found in Tipple's Focus (Credit to Nizard for finding it in Tipple's). Tipple's Focus / Shimmering Citadel: An Empty Bottle seems to spawn in a number of locations, and it isn't always up.

Wiki links I know of:
    Tipple's Focus
    eq2 zone:Tipple's Focus

Zone-in locs they mention:
    • Sitting on top of a large rock in the Sinking Sands, near where the Samiel Outfitters spawn at -1834, -212, 621 .
    • On a small rock island at -2108, -232, 385 .
    • On top of a rock just to the west of the climbable point to the top of the cliffs at -1346.49, -229.06, -1206.5 .
    • ( -836, -230, -1375 ) at The Bay of Anuk almost wedged between the two rocks at coord.
    After you zone in and find the harp (in the last room/around the corner), you go back to Bellengere and try to blow up the cube - and fail. Then you are told to go find the creator of the cube, a dragon from the western wastes.

This turns out to be Harla Dar, who you can find in Vesspyr on the south-middle island!

Picture of Harla Dar dialogue from Azraels:
    [​IMG]

After this, Karkona's Scale can be found as a purple shiny-like thing at /way -55.42, 53.08, 794.17 in Vesspyr.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Beloved

Beloved Guest

For Tipples Focus/Empty Bottle group up and have someone wait at each spawn point. Soon as one person in the group clicks the lamp the entire group will be zoned into their own instances.

So group up and help out your fellow mages.

Also roughly 25-30min respawn.

3. Apecoe

Apecoe Guest

Even build a raid for the empty bottle update, we just had a full raid of mages (-1, was the ranger) get their update

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2017
  4. Scrappz

Scrappz Member

Ok, so I'm up to the Chardok mobs now.. Unable to solo both updates, see confirmed facts for waypoints.

The Scrollkeeper I can see bringing a group in and getting the kill. But the hidden room update is insane.. complete solo instance, no merc allowed, with a triple ^ heroic that hit me for 5mil health and I didn't even scratch hit. My ethershadow hit for 6.8bil but his health didn't even move from 100% :(

5. Spamilton

Spamilton New Member

Charming it does work, but what exactly is used to kill it once charmed?

Edit: Nevermind. I see the wiki update.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2017
  6. Fonyx

Fonyx Guest

Charmed him now how do I kill him? I'm overthinking it.

7. Spamilton

Spamilton New Member

Zone in, run all the way to him (don't kill the solo mobs), charm, tell him to attack the solo mobs. He will die very quickly.

Edit: You may even be able to just leave one of the solos up if you're having trouble. He went down in one shot.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2017
  8. Fonyx

Fonyx Guest

Yeah I realized after the fact. thanks!

9. dish-skyfire

dish-skyfire Guest

been in ss looking for the bottle at the four loc's and nothing 25 minute respawn timer my but, been here dam near 5 hours

10. Bjoern

Bjoern New Member

I am illusionist. I can not charm the scrollkeeper. Is there an item for this?

Last edited: Jan 24, 2017
  11. Fonyx

Fonyx Guest

You won't be able to charm the named anymore and have to zone in a group for the update after today's patch. Good luck mages!

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  12. Scrappz

Scrappz Member

Am I missing something with the Isle of Vul instance? Getting smashed to bits before I can even get the mobs down to 90%.. I didn't realize I was THAT bad.. :(

13. Bjoern

Bjoern New Member

I only got "a vul adherent" down to 97%. I dare not think about the named.
    A vul adherent's damagetype is "crush", so I suppose he must be "kited" around.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2017
  14. Adler28

Adler28 New Member

Well cleared the Trash (2 hours) by of course kiting... Name Fathad Zathim attacks as soon as u get upstairs and i am near dead by the time i get him down stairs and never have time to cast anything before im dead.... I hate being stuck in a quest

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. rainmare

rainmare Member

How are you managing to kite these things? just running around the island waiting for ascenstion spells to come back up? can't cast on the run and the second I stop even to root the things it's a 1 shot kill pretty much.

16. Shaithis

Shaithis Guest

People should send a petition in on this Mob - once I swapped to a PVP spec I killed all the trash easily ( Illusionist ) ..but the final named is Immune to everything from Root, Stun, Mez etc ... parse showed I did 9 Billion in dmg (got him to 57% ) but then low power, running isn't an option he is run speed buffed, Roots don't work , Immune to stun ..etc etc Kandor really needs to relook that Named - normal Chanter - players that don't raid are going to find this named a total Stopping point

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. lillya

lillya New Member

I get the feeling that the epic2 was never designed for normal chanter players

18. heebu

heebu New Member

i get 3 times .
    chanter has good AA
    I use convert power and undeath and run speed max and many heal line.
    kite kite kite run run run ascension spell

Heebu's AAs and Prestige - EQ2U

19. Anaranj

Anaranj New Member

Well, my experience in case someone serves, this is what I did: once the barrier was broken, I climbed very slowly the last steps; named does not aggro. I made sure to bring the complete dragon scales line; this is fundamental; Also I caught potions of health and regeneration; No matter what kind of mage you are, root, stun, mezz, any kind of control does not work; the only important thing is to kill fast and survive the first ten seconds. Levinbolt, Ethershadow Assassin and name dies quickly. 17k potency. I'm not a raider at the moment.

20. Ladyhera

Ladyhera New Member

I hope with this next update they do something to the name on isle of val, or at least allow us to bring our merc or a few friends to kill it, have no problems with the trash just the name.

• Agree Agree x 1