1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

"Confirmed" Epic 2.0 Threads

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Feldon, Jan 25, 2017.

1. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

So I have gotten some feedback that the Confirmed Epic 2.0 threads for Fighter, Priest, Mage, and Scout have gotten pretty long, despite the best of intentions by the posters of these threads. I know some people have been looking at Wikia for more "just the facts" type summaries of each questline. If it makes sense, we can create new threads of just the bare minimum steps and then change the "Confirmed" threads to "What we know".

My first instinct is not to try to recreate the class forum leaders like existed on Flames, but if we need additional assistance to keep various threads straightened out, I'm open to ideas.

• Like Like x 1
  2. contralo

contralo New Member

This puzzles me. It clearly shows updates to threads we have been into and whenever I go to the thread it goes to where I left off. I don't understand the problem tbh but whatever you decide is fine with me. I have found this place very helpful.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Scrappz

Scrappz Member

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't "what we know" be essentially the same as "confirmed?"

I don't mind the way it is now, the outlines here are better than wiki in my opinion, less ads and page doesn't lag ;)

4. Malleria

Malleria Member

It is a bit annoying when someone posts something that obviously doesn't belong there, but the fighter one isn't too bad. Out of curiosity I looked at the Wikia entry for quest #2 last night and it was missing some of the details (still is, I had limited time to fill in the blanks) and quest #3 wasn't even there, so this is still by far the best place to come for a walkthrough.

Once all the epics are completed I'd say sticky a walkthrough with just the facts and leave the research/confirmed threads for nostalgia in the future.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Shmogre

Shmogre Active Member

This is actually one of the reasons I was asking about being able to see edit history...as the confirmed steps are updated, it can be easy to overlook an edit or miss a change. People then post confirmations or questions later in the thread about things that had been added to the main post (or should be added), so things get a bit muddled.

Short of making a single person responsible for updating their content, there isn't a foolproof way to keep the "confirmed" threads streamlined. My vote would be for keeping the two "discussion" and "confirmed" threads, and asking folks to be a bit more diligent about keeping questions in the discussion threads. Then as Malleria suggested, once everything is discovered, there can be a final "step 1, step 2" post.

(Which brings up a related question: Should we be expecting these forums to contain a step-by-step walkthrough? Wiki is better suited to something like that (like the ability to be edited/vetted by multiple people, for one), while the forums are much better for discussion, cooperation, planning, and the related back-and-forth interaction that ultimately lead to discovery and the full quest process.)

6. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

Ok "What we know" and "Confirmed" are too similar then. Maybe a "Walkthrough" thread for each of the 4 archetypes that boils the information down to just that. Or we just point people to EQ2 Wikia.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Scrappz

Scrappz Member

Walkthrough thread would work in my opinion. We can keep the confirmed threads to relevant facts we find, the research/discussion threads to keep discussions going, and then we'd get a walkthrough thread to put the facts in order :)