1. Class forums are intended for ALL play styles. PLEASE make use of the Prefixes to specify if your thread is targeted towards Solo, Heroic, or Raid characters. The same AA spec, Spell rotation, or Adornment strategy that works for a progression raid guild doesn't work in Tier 1 grouping.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Mage Epic 2.0 Research & Discussion

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Administrator, Dec 14, 2016.

1. Uyaem

Uyaem Member

So, about the "Obtain an item that can cause the fragile umbrite crystals to explode via multi-layered high frequency sound waves". What have people checked so far?
    • Scion of Ice (Sirens emit high-pitched noises) = nothing from related nameds, or on tables.
    Will check more zones tomorrow, but would like to learn what others have tried...
    Of course, it's just guess work that this is actually a drop

2. Spamilton

Spamilton New Member

We have tried every ToT heroic except Master's Chosen. It's hard to get people to do that. Also haven't tried Zek.

3. Palandrel

Palandrel New Member

What was the name of the screaming named in Zek?

4. Zazren

Zazren New Member

I'm not sure about the screaming named in Zek, but it reminded me of the The Screaming Mace heritage quest, maybe someone who has completed that can check out Fabled CT?

5. Arieva

Arieva New Member

whoever did our questline backpedaled on having dropped update from contested zone so if it is fabled CT I'd be looking for a click item moreso than a chest drop. Tho I suppose its not unheard of for them to make the same mistake 2x and have it go unchecked.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. rainmare

rainmare Member

Anyone try Siren's Grotto?

7. Uyaem

Uyaem Member

For me/us, AoD and Stygian end mobs had "quest feathers" for this step.
    So I doubt that it's a (random) drop, unless anyone's seen another feather, unless it's a really outlandish zone that nobody thought of...

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Mando

Mando New Member

There was no feather for me on the AoD step or the Stygian step.

9. Sacredeth

Sacredeth New Member

I'm wondering if people saw feathers because they took the heroic quests from thalumbra before doing the dungeons. There was definitely no feather above the final boss in temple when I got that update on the previous step. Took me 3 or 4 tries.

Also, I just looked at the priest and scout 3rd items...I need this item now if it has the same virulent outbreak damage over time component.

Double also, I saw a priest that looked like had 4th item already? good god.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2017
  10. Uyaem

Uyaem Member

Same here, no feather for that one, but had one on Blackbolt and the kobold in Stygian. And I did it twice in the same duo, and the feather turned blue for me (being the first to loot the update on the first run).

11. Sacredeth

Sacredeth New Member

Every time I check back here, that desert scene from Spaceballs plays in my brain.

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Mando

Mando New Member

"you guys find anything"..."No sir..."....."what about you guys "..... "We ain't found S%#&!!"

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Kaytos

Kaytos New Member

Had a good feeling about Ossuary: Resonance of Malice but nothing found will keep searching .. Also nothing in Kralet: Rise or Temple

Last edited: Jan 20, 2017
  14. Nune

Nune Guest

Relevant convo with Aillena Belzia in Sszaeresha

You say to Researcher Aillena Belzia, "I came looking for you. There is an item that is cursed. It is spreading different spellpoxes amongst those who handle it for long periods."
    Researcher Aillena Belzia, "And you were hoping I could help. What is the item?"
    You say to Researcher Aillena Belzia, "It is a Blackscale rune cube."
    Researcher Aillena Belzia:Researcher Aillena Belzia says to you, "Blackscale, eh? That is of draconic origin. The D.I.R.T.Y. expedition to the Overrealm recovered many Blackscale arcane objects. What can you tell me of the curse?"
    You say to Researcher Aillena Belzia, "It's been a part of the item since its creation, apparently. The curse has caused at least two different spellpoxes."
    Researcher Aillena Belzia says to you, "Are you afflicted by one?"
    You say to Researcher Aillena Belzia, "No. A Universalist Mage who has promised to tutor me, carries one."
    Researcher Aillena Belzia says to you, "There's little they could teach you, in such a state. You must be trying to find a way to dismiss the spellpox?"
    You say to Researcher Aillena Belzia, "I am. He suggested destroying the cube."
    Researcher Aillena Belzia says to you, "Attempting to destroy such an item is very dangerous indeed, especially when you know so little about it, but aside from getting the original sorcerer to break the curse, it is your only option."
    You say to Researcher Aillena Belzia, "I was hoping for another option. It sounds dangerous!"
    Researcher Aillena Belzia says to you, "It is. You'll want to trigger an arcane explosion strong enough to destroy the rune cube, and you'll want to do this under a very strong shield. I mean it, if it isn't invulnerable, it's not good enough. And don't you dare stand inside it!"
    You say to Researcher Aillena Belzia, "But if the shield's invulnerable-"
    Researcher Aillena Belzia says to you, "Huh, then how are you going to trigger the explosion? Good question. The shield needs to be constructed of some material that can trigger and withstand the explosion."
    You say to Researcher Aillena Belzia, "Seems I have a few items more items to look for."

15. Spamilton

Spamilton New Member

I thought I would find a nugget in here somewhere, but I've found nothing about arcane explosions or high frequency sound waves in the lore, other than Luclin and Sirens. I'm thinking it will be a clickable item because I'm assuming we will have to click the scroll to create the shield beforehand while standing in a certain spot.

Next place I would check are the TSO zones. I still have a feeling it's in ToT somewhere though, considering the other two pieces are. You never know, though.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2017
  16. Nune

Nune Guest

There's an NPC in Grobb (Moors) @ -234.83 -75.59 -858.45 who has the following convo
    [​IMG]

I think she's talking about the Tome in Neriak

No idea how she figures into all this yet, or what the prereqs for the convo are.

17. gaptia

gaptia New Member

I have the same dialog with my templar.

18. Spamilton

Spamilton New Member

I can't stop thinking of SG because of the "aquatic" scroll, and the dialogue says that the shield can both trigger and withstand the explosion.

19. Jrox

Jrox New Member

Finally was able to run zones and hit things that came to mind, like Zek we killed the banshee in the keep, then Submerged Event heroic in KP, Te Event Heroic in Maldura and even both of the Sirens grotto zones. Still no update. Hope to run 10-15 more zones today heroics in search of the item that can cause the fragile umbrite crystals to explode via multi-layered high frequency sound waves... yatta yatta yatta...

Done:

The Fabled Court of Innovation (Fabled Heroic)
    Maldura: Palace Foray (Event Heroic)
    Kralet Penumbra: Submerged Lair (Event Heroic)
    Maldura: District of Ash (Heroic)
    Siren's Grotto: Alluring Embrace (Heroic)
    Siren's Grotto: Tavalan Abyss (Heroic)
    Zek, the Scourge Wastes
    Stygian Threshold: The Howling Gateway (Event Heroic)
    Kralet Penumbra: The Master's Chosen (Heroic)
    Kralet Penumbra: Rise to Power (Heroic)

Last edited: Jan 21, 2017
  20. Zeuz

Zeuz Guest

Master's Chosen is a no go, did it this afternoon and nothing there.