1. Class forums are intended for ALL play styles. PLEASE make use of the Prefixes to specify if your thread is targeted towards Solo, Heroic, or Raid characters. The same AA spec, Spell rotation, or Adornment strategy that works for a progression raid guild doesn't work in Tier 1 grouping.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Raid Prestige AA lines

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Scrappz, Dec 29, 2016.

1. Scrappz

Scrappz Member

With the way the cb/pot conversions got changed with this expac.. Which side of the Prestige tree are most raid necros going down? Rot Flesh is a nice debuff/Dot but Graverot is also a nice Dot.

Any input would be appreciated :)

2. Phoogle

Phoogle New Member

I typically run a duel spec to get both conversion bonuses, with rot flesh as my primary. I toyed with both last xpac without seeing a ton of difference between the two. However I haven't played with a grave rot spec this xpac, and would be curious as well.

I am by no means an expert only wish to be better than what I currently am.

3. Sahrina

Sahrina New Member

I'm using a split right now. Feel free to check me out. Sahrina, Halls of Fate

4. Spamilton

Spamilton New Member

I would still use dual conversion until you cap CB. Once CB is capped, move 3 points from the right tree into Rot Flesh buffs. I don't think it's worth it to get rid of the extra lifetap damage for that last rot flesh point.

Even without reset rune/hammer, rot flesh spec does more dps in 5 minutes than graverot (single target). This was recently tested on a dummy. It's not until you have multiple encounters that graverot becomes useful. The damage just isn't high enough, even with the tree maxed.