1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Stats that have limited usefulness in KA?

Discussion in 'EQ2U Players Support & Feedback' started by Miyanaga, Jan 16, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Miyanaga

Miyanaga New Member

Multi Attack, DPS Modifier, Flurry, Weapon Damage Bonus,Weapon Damage Bonus are the stats I'm wondering about.
    How are they limited? Which classes were affected by it? If it's so useless now, what improves the autoattack damage?
    I'd appreciate any help on this.

2. Halfbreed

Halfbreed New Member

The stats you mention do still affect your autoattack damage. However, if you max out all those stats you listed, then autoattack is still only like 2% of people's parses right now. Its not that autoattack damage has gone down or that those stats have been nerfed, its that combat art damage has gone up so high that autoattacks don't matter anymore except to proc abilities. So, get your haste to 200 so you attack 125% faster and get your AE autoattack to 100 because both of these things cause procs. Other than that, all the stats you mentioned above aren't worth it. I think strikethrough also needs to be at 100 now because targets are now using their avoidance whether you are behind them or not, and if you miss, you don't proc.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

There are three situations where Autoattack stats are still valuable in Kunark Ascending:
    • Players who choose the Geomancer Ascension class gain an ability called Terrene Destruction. For 45 seconds, players autoattack damage is multiplied a thousandfold, with players reporting 1 Billion or more damage. Pretty impressive for being stifled during that 45 seconds. The recast is 5 minutes.
    • Bards’ Victorious Concerto still benefits from Autoattack stats.
    • Dirge Battle Cry benefits from Autoattack stats.
    As it's not difficult to cap Autoattack stats due to its continued prevalence on gear, and as these stats don’t reforge into Potency particularly well, some players will still choose them for burst damage. For everyone else, fuggedaboutit.

• Informative Informative x 3