1. Class forums are intended for ALL play styles. PLEASE make use of the Prefixes to specify if your thread is targeted towards Solo, Heroic, or Raid characters. The same AA spec, Spell rotation, or Adornment strategy that works for a progression raid guild doesn't work in Tier 1 grouping.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Mage Epic 2.0 Research & Discussion

Discussion in 'Mages' started by Administrator, Dec 14, 2016.

1. Arieva

Arieva New Member

Fighters found their fourth hidden cache in which they obtained the actual quest start. Assuming ours follows the same trend then it is absolutely a prereq and we must locate our own hidden caches

2. Drelf

Drelf New Member

Weird that we and the scouts have found nothing atm. Priests are on their second I think...
    Some priest was speculaing about Mage/Scout/Priest only spells... See Invis for us then I take it.
    I'll go out searching... again *sigh*

3. Drelf

Drelf New Member

Fighter :
    Butcherblock
    Great Divide
    Phantom Seas
    Withered Lands

Priest :
    Nek
    Ant
    Commonlands

Is there any logic behind this?

4. Instinct

Instinct Guest

There maybe no logic, but that in itself is information. since there is no rhyme or reason, other than the fact that neither Fighter or Priest share the same zone.
    Need City Quest to see the Caves.
    There is a Cave in a place where there once was none.
    There are items in the caves that need to be done in a specific order as well as the Caves themselves.
    Just need to find the First Cave for Us.

5. Azraels Tear

Azraels Tear Guest

Now that we know the pre-req to finding our "cache", do we have a list of which zones have been searched (I would say by at least 2 mages to make sure nothing gets missed)?

6. Instinct

Instinct Guest

I have searched Thundering Steppes Twice and nothing

7. Drelf

Drelf New Member

I've done:
    Lavastorm, Commonlands, Darklight Woods, Loping Plains, Greater Faydark, Butcherblock, New Tunaria...

Ok, it's better to list the ones I have not done yet..
    Ethernere, Everfrost, Erollis, Mara, Velious, Thalumbra, Moors and Overrealm.

Heading to Lesser Faydark and ??? next...

Doing it alone though so might have missed stuff.

Edit: Nothing in SS, Pillars, Steamfront and Kunzar Jungle...

Last edited: Dec 26, 2016
  8. Firi

Firi New Member

Checked:

EL (Double) RV TS(Double) CL NF Ant FP Lava Feerott

9. Dex

Dex New Member

maybe we have to have infravision on or something or see invis

10. Drelf

Drelf New Member

Have done it with See Invis... no luck.

Still find it weird that Fighters and Priests found theirs so quick while us and scouts have found nothing at all...

11. Azraels Tear

Azraels Tear Guest

Starting to wonder if mages enter their hidden areas through a different means or from different contested areas (not just outdoor areas)?

12. Veta

Veta New Member

I've noticed so far:

1. The current discovered caches are in overland zones
    2. The caches tend to be on towards the outer edge of the map (Great Divide - Fighter is an exception as well as maybe the Withered Lands one)

It might be easier to cover the outer parts of the overland zones first before doing an extensive search through the entire zone. There is a possibility for the scout and/or mage one to follow a different setup, this is just what I am seeing so far.

13. Drelf

Drelf New Member

I'll start running dungeons. Better than aimless flying around.

Yep, noticed the same thing.

14. Firi

Firi New Member

Zek checked

15. scukochaos

scukochaos New Member

A sealed door in North Freeport Academy of Arcane Science. Text "Passage is forbidden" is written in Words of Shade language. mb this can help us somehow

16. kraytos

kraytos New Member

17. Firi

Firi New Member

Mages checked ATM:

Ant
    Barren Sky
    Bonemire
    CL
    EF
    EL 3x
    Everforst
    Feerott
    FP
    Lava
    LS
    NF
    Moors
    SS
    RV
    TS 3x
    TT
    Vesypr
    Zek

• Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  18. Drelf

Drelf New Member

That leaves how many?

19. Firi

Firi New Member

all zones with 3x was tripple checked all other zones think minimum double checked

20. Conifur

Conifur Member

Did anyone else get mail from Vence Laden? I got one recently that says "As I mentioned before, it is now time for me to leave. It was a pleasure working with you, an an amazing thing to watch you take care of Phrotis. Perhaps we will see each other again some day." It has 20 days left on it. I don't know when I got it because I don't really pay attention to my mail. I only looked because I wanted to see if I got the mail from the Queen.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2016