1. Class forums are intended for ALL play styles. PLEASE make use of the Prefixes to specify if your thread is targeted towards Solo, Heroic, or Raid characters. The same AA spec, Spell rotation, or Adornment strategy that works for a progression raid guild doesn't work in Tier 1 grouping.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Does group order matter for group wards?

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Halfbreed, Dec 21, 2016.

1. Halfbreed

Halfbreed New Member

I've heard that putting the tank at the top of the group is a good idea because group wards are used up in order of the members of the group. Is that still the case?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Inire

Inire Not really an evil duck, just misunderstood.

this was stated to be true at a mechanics panel during Fan Faire years ago, but I am unsure if it is still true. Easiest way to test is to grab a full group, take an AOE hit that does all the party, and check the ACT parse. If the tank eats all the ward, and the group dies, there's your answer.

3. Inyala

Inyala New Member

Haven't tested this in a few years, but for group wards where the ward is shared between all targets, it is the order into which people joined the group/raid which matters (joined first = use up wards first).

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Soober

Soober Guest

it still does apply as far as i can tell if the tank is in the 6th spot.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Jadelily

Jadelily New Member

some of my people were just asking this for when we raid...guess our tank needs to start the raid from now on and not me (the raid leader) good to know!

6. Inyala

Inyala New Member

Just invite the tank first and any pet classes last, for as far as it still matters. Many groupwards are now actually individual wards on each player, instead of a single shared ward.

7. Inire

this sounds awesome!

do you happen to know when this changed? or have the patch notes when it went in? i know, i know, wishing for patch notes, silly me....

8. Nero

Nero New Member

I think you just have to read the ward description.

Carrion warding = one big shared ward
    Spirit Aegis = Wards each group member individually, it even states in the description that the ward amount is not shared between group members.

I dont remember seeing any patch notes stating that group wards were changed to ward each person individually.

9. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

None of the old wards changed. Many of the newer wards are per person.

10. Inire

ah, ok

I thought that they meant carrion warding/ancestral warding's underlying mechanics were changed to individually ward...