1. Class forums are intended for ALL play styles. PLEASE make use of the Prefixes to specify if your thread is targeted towards Solo, Heroic, or Raid characters. The same AA spec, Spell rotation, or Adornment strategy that works for a progression raid guild doesn't work in Tier 1 grouping.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

An ode to all Rangers!

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by Payens, Dec 16, 2016.

1. Payens

Payens Guest

Well, let's start this sub forum with a thread related to my beloved class, the Ranger!
    6 years I'm playing this game, 95% of the time on this single toon, and the more I play him, the more I love him :rolleyes:

You can solo easilly (most mobs dead before they reach you), try some heroic content with a healing merc (or even an aa spec with auto rez), and in raids, you can do pretty well, assuming you were connected this summer to get the eth runes (which I don't!).

I've tried other classes (sin, dirge, templar, bruiser), but each time I came back to this so nice Ranger :cool:

That's it, now we can discuss AA templates, stats and parse :p

(by the way this topic is not - only - to say other classes are sub classes compared to Rangers :D)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Anghammarad

Anghammarad New Member

Hi Payens,

I raided with my Ranger as well. Mostly, till our MT left and I had to take over with my mouzerker.

I'm right now testing a few different AA setups. Single target without cb conversion, and AE with cb conversion. While the single target spec with the blazing shot line procs cb and pot up, if you keep up the rotation, which I find in this addon quite tedious due to the fights.

Parses I don't have much to show, but some old ones form AoM where I was still active. New ones will come. And I missed that runes too. Trying to farm them in Kralet Penumbra...

Cheers
    Ang (Anoashda the Ranger)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Payens

Payens Guest

I prefer the gamestyle of the left prestuge side, especially because coverage is soooo broken, but right side gives 1k cb which is quite op... Once I get enough gear / deity points, I'll switch back to left side...

• Like Like x 1
  4. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

Personally I'd go right side until you hit the CB Cap. Especially for heroics.

Once you hit the CB cap, go left side again and give yourself more room for gear expansion and so on.

(P.S - Wish I was still maining my ranger :( )

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Payens

Payens Guest

Ag
    Agree

(How could you abandon your Ranger !)

• Like Like x 1