1. Class forums are intended for ALL play styles. PLEASE make use of the Prefixes to specify if your thread is targeted towards Solo, Heroic, or Raid characters. The same AA spec, Spell rotation, or Adornment strategy that works for a progression raid guild doesn't work in Tier 1 grouping.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Mana Ward who does (or has) used it?

Discussion in 'Coercer' started by Mermut, Jan 28, 2017.

?

Do you use mana ward on your coercer?

1. All the time!

2 vote(s)
    14.3%
  2. Once in a while.

2 vote(s)
    14.3%
  3. I'm specced for it but never use it.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I might have been specced for it once, years ago...

8 vote(s)
    57.1%
  5. Never or Mana ward? What's that?

2 vote(s)
    14.3%
  1. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

As you may have heard, one of the epic 2.0 abilities for the coercer is something that 'makes mana ward much stronger'.
    So, to everybody who does, or has played coercers..

2. Nelie

Nelie New Member

yeah....I only played coercer during CoE for a short time. No coercer that I knew of had Manaward then because it just wasn't that useful for anything.

3. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

Yup... and it's got a base 5 minute reuse... so all the way down to a ward you can burn most of your power for... every 2.5 minutes. Just not sure why anybody would spend the AA for a single target ward with that kind of reuse... especially on a mage.

Why this ability was chosen as 'the' defining coercer ability for epic 2.0 is incomprehensible to me.

4. Inire

Inire Not really an evil duck, just misunderstood.

functionally, it's a cross raid death save.

5. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

Don't even spec it any more.

6. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

On a mage.... as their defining ability....

Even when I get the epic 2.0 I don't know that I'll bother to spend the AA on it.

7. Inire

didn't say it was useful to you. Templar gets a death save they can't use on themselves. no AA on it however.

8. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

That's useful though. Most healers don't want/need death saves for themselves.. they're for the tank. And that's at least an ability that makes sense for the templar's archtype.

9. Inire

ah, i see. your objection is that it is outside the archetype of a power feed class? you'd prefer something that makes you a better mana battery?

imho, utility classes are fine places for increased utility.

the only objection i have to it is the requirement for aa spend. that doesn't strike me as particularly fair. but then again, i haven't seen the ability yet, and afaik no one has yet aside from the devs.

10. Malleria

Malleria Member

NM! Totally mistook mana ward for a different ability. Shows how often I use it huh :(

Not impressed by the spell.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2017
  11. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

I"d prefer something that actually fits the class.. at all. A long reuse ward that the majority of coercers don't even spec for, let alone use.. and never have a use FOR is a bad choice, in my opinion.
    Group buffage, hate management... you know.. utility stuff... not healer stuff.

With a base reuse of 5 minutes (so 2.5 with 100% reuse) it's not even something you can actually use in any sort of rotation. Not even once per fight most times.

12. Ganador

Ganador New Member

The potency boost is based on the coercer power since you spend your power down to 5% to cast the ward so at 400k power you would get roughly a 1000 pot temp buff to whoever you cast the ward on.

13. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

I used to use it in DoV when it was current to help with those moments when the tank was sure to go down and they needed like a ward that would last 1 second. Or when solo'ing.
    However I found better things to do with my AA and relegated to to BG's only.
    I would not spec for it now even if it did give 1k pot. It would be better if it gave like 3k. Then I would cast it.
    With the average heroic player /T1 raider going around with 15k+ pot, 1k pot is not going to make a huge difference to them.

• Agree Agree x 1