1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Updating EQ2U for Reign of Shadows

Discussion in 'EQ2U Players Support & Feedback' started by Feldon, Oct 27, 2020.

1. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

If you search for Recipes on EQ2U, you have a Category option. These are all hand-tagged by me, Pijotr, and Niami.
    https://u.eq2wire.com/recipe/recipe_search

You can also view the Master Recipe Book list on EQ2U and filter them by category.
    https://u.eq2wire.com/soe2/recipebooks/

Not sure how many use this.

2. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

I've never used it as I've rarely needed to search for recipe data outside my in-game book. But I've just poked at it and woah - that must be one almighty query you've built behind that interface. And a helluva lot of work the 3 of you must have put in to get all those categories attached by hand. Your efforts are appreciated. :cool:

3. Feldon

That page is... chonky. It's also 12MB of HTML loading all at once.

Yeah when I first came out with Recipes on EQ2U, a feature I wrote entirely myself, I made mistakes in the queries that were causing the server to get overloaded and crash. Dethdlr (who had done all the backend on all previous EQ2U features and pages) had to come back and rewrite my queries and fix some bugs.

I'm curious how many people use EQ2U for recipes. I would think the "search for all recipes with a specific component" would be popular, but what do I know. :)

Last edited: Feb 19, 2021
  4. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

I generally use the recipes for searching for spell upgrades for class and ascension but nothing really else.

5. Feldon

To be added:

<abilitydoubleattackchance displayname="Ability Doublecast" type="modifyproperty" value="4.5"/>

Last edited: Mar 10, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Feldon

With tremendous thanks to Alarra, EQ2U has now been updated with 196 new quests from Reign of Shadows and a few straggler quests from Blood of Luclin. As we no longer receive quest data from the EQ2 team, this data has required a tremendous amount of hand-entering and research to get. It does not contain quest rewards (coin, items, status, or faction) or starter/description text.

Quests before: 13,247
    Quests after: 13,443

and some other stats if you're wondering:
    Quests excluded: 113 -- test/temp quests
    Quests expired: 5,008 -- no longer available in-game

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Feldon

Also fixed an annoying bug where the Google Adsense code would load but then not draw, so there would be a transparent box in front of the navigation tabs making it impossible to use the Character Tabs.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Feldon

Added Tarinax to server list and confirmed that leaderboards are running on that server.
    Added Tarinax to guild/character shortlinks.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Glasscannon

Glasscannon Member

I'm curious, if you don't mind sharing - how has traffic to the site been during RoS, compared to prior expansions?

10. Feldon

Gradually trending down. No precipitous drop that I can see. I guess most EQ2 players are still ok with the dog food.

• Informative Informative x 3
  11. Feldon

EQ2U Item Search now supports Fervor Overcap and Weapon Damage Bonus Overcap.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Feldon

To Do:

• Add either Minimum Resolve Field or another Minimum Stat field.
    • Achievement subcategory banner graphics

Last edited: Jul 13, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Feldon

Last edited: Aug 23, 2021
  14. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

• Like Like x 1
  15. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

• Like Like x 1
  16. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

Yeah, I was a bit surprised to see the current one included before it even ceases to be the current one! :confused:

• Like Like x 1
  17. Feldon

Glad to see this. Now to figure out how to do the update. :)

Last edited: Aug 25, 2021