1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Ooh dear ...

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Tkia, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Arazons

Arazons Member

If the logging I/O is done in excess then it can help reduce line to line code time. BUT, that doesn't address the convoluted algorithm they have cooking for encounter combat.

2. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

It's clear EQ2 is dying. It's literally ruining peoples lives on OF. [Original Thread got nuked quick].

From WhysperWyne...

• Popcorn Popcorn x 2
  3. RhodrisNZ

RhodrisNZ Geographically Challenged

Woah!! That's one heck of a stream of consciousness rant....and I've seen a few in my time, back when I was a forum moderator. Even though the person annoys me with their usual posts (lots of eye-rolling), I do hope they are able to get the help they need to get through this, including getting their accounts back and financial issues sorted.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

Poor WhysperWynde. I feel sorry for all of those that have stood by the game for whatever their reasons.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Sweatypie

Sweatypie Active Member

Most people playing EQ2 are delusional about the state of the genre and EQ2 in particular, so is it really surprising you are seeing nutcase posts more and more often?

The new "CM" isnt exactly helping keeping it all together either. The game was broken for a week and all you got from the company was we might fix it this week, we cant fix it this week to all the sudden, its gonna be fixed tomorrow.

The community manager disabled private messages on discord for crying out loud. Like imagine being a CM and not wanting to talk to your playerbase.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

I want to make fun of that post and point out all the nonsensical elements of the story , but she's so clearly upset that I just don't have the heart to do it.

I agree, though, that she's representative of what's mostly left of eq2's player base: people so hopelessly dependent on the game for whatever that they're easy marks for eq2's predatory business practices.

Lots of sadness for these folks.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

This is just self-immolation at this point.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  8. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

The first post was just them mad at the situation. Seems like they got done over by a nasty hacker and this is the fallout.
    Sounds like the CM should have just hidden the posts from others and addressed it privately with the player or get the player in contact with a support person who is more adept at handling upset people.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Julesholland

Julesholland New Member

I still play the game... it is either that or bejeweled.... I don't see myself as deluded though, got enough krono for another year or so and the basic expansion is cheap enough. It fills 30 minutes while watching telly...

• Like Like x 2
  10. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

I walked away when it became clear it was a negative impact on the serious depression I'd started treatment for. I'm not shocked anyone who stayed with it longer would be in that state if they were borderline to begin with.

Best thing for them is walk away and get help. It sucks, but you gotta look after yourself.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 3
  11. Cheggers

Cheggers New Member

I had some sympathy for them, until they mentioned Gab, at which point it everything that happened to them suddenly made sense.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. RhodrisNZ

What's Gab Social? Not heard of this before, and she does mention it (buried in the middle of the rant).

13. Feldon

"Gab is an American alt-tech social networking service known for its far-right userbase. Widely described as a haven for extremists including neo-Nazis, white supremacists, white nationalists, the alt-right, and QAnon conspiracy theorists"

Last edited: Jul 26, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 5
  14. Castegyre

Castegyre Active Member

15. Wulfgyr / Erytheal

Wulfgyr / Erytheal Active Member

Agreed. I quite get the feeling that the new "CM" was specifically hired to stamp out anything with the potential to cause waves or catch the new owner's eye. I haven't visited much over there, not much reason to these days. Last I knew it was pretty quiet... like everyone in town was gatherin' at the church for a funeral. Still like that?

16. RhodrisNZ

Ahhhhhh I see. Thanks for the clarification.

Yes, a lot suddenly becomes much clearer...

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Anaogi

Anaogi Active Member

Gab is a clusterflap for any number of reasons. Then again "social media" in general is an open cesspool, it's just your choice of toxic.

I avoid all of it, much happier that way. Still stuck with Facebook tho.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

Totally agree. To each his own, but for me, I am happier without it.

19. Feldon

I quit Facebook. Still on Twitter. I make copious use of the blocklist. I mostly use it to commiserate with others about the state of politics in this country lol. Nothing meaningful. I should use Instagram more. I post food pictures and that's about it.

20. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

Last edited: Jul 30, 2021