1. Class forums are intended for ALL play styles. PLEASE make use of the Prefixes to specify if your thread is targeted towards Solo, Heroic, or Raid characters. The same AA spec, Spell rotation, or Adornment strategy that works for a progression raid guild doesn't work in Tier 1 grouping.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Paladin Info.

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by Mavipe, Jan 3, 2017.

1. Mavipe

Mavipe Guest

Hey, guys I'm a returning player to EQ2, played since launch off and on. For the past month or 2 I've been getting my 100 Paladin up to speed with the new content. I was just wondering if any of the high level Pally's on this forum could give me any info on AAs, stats, gear, rotations or any other things I should know as a high level tank. Thanks in advance =)

• Like Like x 1
  2. Dithmir

Dithmir Guest

Youre playing on thurgadin? Send me a message and id be happy to help

3. CoLDMeTaL

CoLDMeTaL Active Member

I'd love to see any info. I've been trading flurry for doublecast, but my damage is still abysmal.

4. Overwhelm

Overwhelm Guest

In heroics I do anywhere from 200-500 mill on my Pally currently.

5. Dithmir

Dithmir Guest

Your potency is way too low, as is your crit bonus / crit chance. You're wearing lots of old ToT gear

6. CoLDMeTaL

CoLDMeTaL Active Member

I only have access to AS gear or below, so due to resolve, etc it doesn't make sense to swap any gear I've come across yet. But yeah, I already knew those three, plus others are low, but I have to work with what I can obtain.

If people are saying gear is irrelevant, and it's 'how you play you character', I'm trying to glean that information.

So it's more cast order, AA specs etc that I'm looking to see.

7. Dithmir

Dithmir Guest

No one said gear is irrelevant, gear is very much relevant and part of 'how you play your character' is how you gear your character. Gear constitutes at the very least 50% of your overall ability in the game. You should do the signature line as a matter or priority to get the greenmist weapon and also do the 30 quests in obulus frontier to get the ethereal off hand. Your entire selection of jewelry can be upgraded from KA advanced solo zones. Jewelry with pot of 100 and crit bonus of 50 and under are considered junk items and should be replaced as soon as possible. You must really get your potency up from your jewelry... in KA 10k pot in defensive stance is easily achievable and should be a focus.

In the prestige tab of AA I would suggest going dual prestige (left and right side) to benefit from a sizeable gain in crit bonus from the right side conversion, crit bonus is currently a primary stat in the game and is of very high importance. You should reduce enhanced vigor to 2 in the in your prestige (paladin) tab and remove diamond flesh (crap) and increase the potency line to 8 and 1. Food and drink with crit chance on them will be very worthwhile.

Making the above changes you will see big gains from where you at currently.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Mavipe

Mavipe Guest

I no longer use my toon on Thurgadin, I'm in the military and recently moved so I'm in a different time zone. My main toons name is Mavvipe.