1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Has anyone tried ESO?

Discussion in 'Coffee House' started by Zhaanish, Jan 18, 2017.

1. Zhaanish

Zhaanish Active Member

I'm curious if anyone has experience playing Elder Scrolls Online and if so how you liked it? I looked at it in beta but without housing wasn't interested. Now they are adding housing next month so it has piqued my interest. And before you rant at me I'm not planning to quit EQ2, I normally play more than one game at a time. :)

2. Inire

Inire Not really an evil duck, just misunderstood.

I have played it. I played in beta as well, and found the class swap mechanics to be interesting but also limiting.

housing sounds like fun there, but it will probably not be as mature a system as is live in EQ2.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Scrappz

Scrappz Member

I played the PS4 version cuz it doesn't require a sub lol but I liked it, play it every now and then. Elder Scrolls lore is cool and it's a different feel than EQ, nice change sometimes.. esp being on console lol

• Like Like x 1
  4. I liked it very much and played it for a couple of months (not as much as I loved Skyrim but you know, it was a nice change from EQ and the graphics were different and quite lovely) - but without housing it really wasn't enough to hold me - however, now they're bringing in what looks like very lovely housing I will definitely be checking it out again.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Finora

Finora New Member

I played in beta & it was okay. I didn't like it enough to play it at release though. I did buy it when it went B2P (for $25). I honestly didn't enjoy it as much as I hoped I would. I found the way they had classes set up too limiting after playing the single player Elder Scrolls games for so many years. Could be i just didn't know some intricacy with classes though. It's a nice change of scenery every once in a while, but not something I would want to play every day.

I'll probably hop on to check out how housing is handled sometime soon, because well... houses. =)

• Like Like x 2
  6. Raenius

Raenius New Member

Tried it the very first month it got released, doing the first usual levels up to the cap (guess it was lvl 50 - cant remember really) was kinda ok - as soon as I got to elite lvl 1 I was either

a) getting oneshot by trash due to too low hp while having high resists
    b) getting oneshot by trash due to too low resists while having high hp

I endured this for like 2 weeks, then just gave up because there was no gear to obtain which provided both.
    But graphics-wise, the game was nice deluxe.

• Like Like x 1