1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Crowdsourced: Blood of Luclin Quest Data

Discussion in 'EQ2U Players Support & Feedback' started by Feldon, May 22, 2020.

1. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

Thank you all for helping update EQ2U for Blood of Luclin by hand-entering Quest Names, Categories, and Levels to go with the data we were able to glean through crawling.

I've launched a new thread for Reign of Shadows.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Welp, you've given @Mermut something to do while waiting on overseers.

Well played, Sir!

• Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  3. Feldon

Good progress so far. 32/106

• Like Like x 1
  4. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

There is an issue you should be aware of Feldon. For missions, the Initial Stage text doesn't match the Quest Journal text.

For instance,
    Quest: 3979570438

The stage text says:
    I must complete my mission in Fabled Runnyeye: The Gathering [Heroic].

The Journal looks like the following:

upload_2020-5-30_14-12-34.png

5. Feldon

"Across Norrath they come by the thousands, gathering within the citadel known as Runnyeye. Eh, more meat for the grinder." is the quest starter_text*.

"I must complete my mission in Fabled Runnyeye: The Gathering [Heroic]." is Quest Stage #1. Quests with only one stage do not display this text. Only devs see this.

I suppose I could add a place for you guys to write the starter_text, but that seems like a lot of extra work.

6. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

I don't think adding the text in manually would be a thing I would want to do. Just a note saying that only the devs see said text if the quest has only one stage should be sufficient, unless someone else wants to pick up each quest and write in the starter text.

7. Feldon

I appreciate that. I've confirmed that on the live site, quests with only a single stage do NOT show the stage description. This is an issue that only affects the QuestCrawl page.

I've now fixed the Quest Crawl page to grey out the stage in single-stage quests. I do think sometimes this text is displayed -- perhaps the first time you pickup the quest in a flash across the screen?

Last edited: May 31, 2020
  8. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

Quite a few of these are timeline quests and will require either linking the stuff written in the wiki or re-doing the timeline.

9. Feldon

72/108 is huge progress

I've got them exported to a file and have marked them by changing the Fill-in Boxes from red to blue background.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

I mislabeled a quest due to lack of stages and have put a yellow background on it.

11. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

I've run into a bug while doing the crafting line. Probably going to have to go through the support channels to progress.
    It is where you watch the Tegi ceremony.
    I deleted the quest once so I could get a branch I missed. Reacquired the quest then walked up to the Tegi and he stood there saying it would start soon.....2 hours later while watching Netflicks hmmm...nothing happening.
    Then another player with the quest came and it started immediately, the quest progressed.....then the flyer was not there.
    So gonna have to whinge to support or Gninja or both.

12. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

@Feldon:
    1.Quest 2862960564 needs a branch switch
    2.Quest 1796408457 needs to be crawled across players to get the rest of the stages

Will work on missions tonight while my crafter is out of "commission".

13. Feldon

Need more detail on quest 1.
    Ran 10 characters through quest 2.

14. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

Quest 2862960564 Stage 2
    "Wait for the ceremony to begin [1]" is currently the second branch and it should be the first branch in the Stage 2.

Wait for the ceremony to begin in the Wracklands near the Ssraeshza temple ruins.
    • Look around the area for anything that might give me a clue as to where the little tegi has gone off to [1]
    • Wait for the ceremony to begin [1]

Wait for the ceremony to begin in the Wracklands near the Ssraeshza temple ruins.

• Wait for the ceremony to begin [1]

• Look around the area for anything that might give me a clue as to where the little tegi has gone off to [1]

Edited for clarity

15. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

Finally got past the bugged(?) part of the quest.... 4 hours and a support request later.
    So will be able to continue the line tonight.

16. Feldon

That's crazy. Fixed the 2nd stage text.

17. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

I removed all th screenshots as they are no longer needed.

@Feldon
    Can I re-arrange the quests so I don't have to do so much scrolling to see which ones haven't been done and to change place them with their friends like all Dailies, Daily Double, TS requisition (only for the outstanding ones that is).

Edit: spelling

18. Feldon