1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Vanguard: Saga of Heroes collection data?

Discussion in 'Census: General Discussion' started by theParser, Jun 25, 2013.

1. theParser

theParser Guest

I see there's some good information available for other games through the REST API at census.daybreakgames.com ... but other than server status (and possibly images), not for Vanguard. Are there any plans to exposed Vanguard's other data through that API?

2. Dedith

Dedith Guest

I keep asking the same question, would love an answer as well.

I fully plan to support EQ1, EQN, Vanguard, Wizardry, and Dragons Prophet on my site. Maybe more, but that's a bit list to start =)

3. theParser

theParser Guest

Unfortunately, I got my answer today on the Vanguard forums:

[url="https://forums.station.sony.com/vg/index.php?threads/data-soe-com-beg.70420" class="internalLink">https://forums.station.sony.com/vg/index.php?threads/data-soe-com-beg.70420[/url]

Even though I wish the answer would have been different, I'm grateful for TLoch taking the time to reply.

4. Dedith

Dedith Guest

Yes, it does require some additional work, but that doesn't mean it's not going to happen. Census provides a much more easily used reporting api for game data for the devs as well as third parties. I already know it's on the Want-To-Do list for EQ1, and I'm sure several folks in the Vanguard team would love access to their game data like this as well. It won't be tomorrow or anything, but don't count this out just yet.

5. VgSavior

VgSavior Guest

Ok with Vanguard shutting down what about just doing a DB dump minus account information and releasing that information would love to go through all the items,spawns, abilities etc etc. It shouldn't take that much time to just do a export and compress the file and throw it up for download.

6. theParser

theParser Guest

Oh, I certainly agree that it shouldn't take much time to dump the data....

7. Dedith

Dedith Guest

Given what I know of the EQ2 internals, it's not as easy as your think. Not everything is stored in databases, and given some of the development of VG was from the original EQ team, I'm betting it's similar. Now that it's sunset has arrived, don't expect any data to be released for it.

8. bougtr

bougtr New Member

I keep asking the same question, would love an answer as well.

I fully plan to support EQ1, EQN, Vanguard, Wizardry, and Dragons Prophet on my site. Maybe more, but that's a bit list to start =)

9. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

Curious how you are going to support 2 games that have been sunsetted, 1 game that has no API (once Zoltaroth left the company, that was it for EQ Census), and 1 game that will never exist.

• Like Like x 2
  10. RhodrisNZ

RhodrisNZ Geographically Challenged

Curious as to why bougtr's post is exactly the same as the post second from the top - Dedith, 29 June 2013.

11. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

That's the tactic of spammers these days. Get an innocent-looking post approved and then they can spam. Not today Felix.

• Like Like x 2