1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Welcome to the EQ2Wire Forums

Discussion in 'Announcements & Forum Support' started by Feldon, Dec 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

After much consideration, I have decided to launch forums for EQ2Wire and our EQ2U Players site.

The devastating loss of useful subforums from the Official Forums over the years and heavy-handed moderation have had the ironic effect of driving off many of the most helpful posters and creating a very toxic environment. I strongly feel that when an individual who is tasked with fostering a Player Community adopts the tactics of Genghis Khan, it's easy for that kingdom to begin to resemble that of a medieval battlefield.

I'm creating a place for players to document Combat Mechanics and Stats and talk about Class builds without being hamstrung by a silly 20 minute time limit. I want a place to discuss the incredible Data API (Census) which Daybreak Games offers to players for three of its games. I want a place that users feel comfortable customizing their forum profile with custom avatar, signature, etc. and for once feel like we have a permanent home. To those who have been wanting the same thing -- WELCOME!

This forum welcomes and tolerates all forms of gameplay, from Crafting and Decorating, to Solo and Heroic Adventuring, to top tier progression Raiding.

We're adopting the Thread Prefix system so that players writing about AA Profiles, Spell casting rotations, Adornment choices, etc. can identify whether their advice is targeted towards Solo, Heroic, or Raid gameplay. Players in a raiding situation can assume they will have certain buffs and capped stats that someone in heroics might not.

I don't expect to get the tone and quality of management and moderation perfect the first time, so I only ask for your patience. If you see something you disagree with or have a suggestion for me, by all means start a private Conversation and I will take it under advisement. We're here to share ideas, and I take everything in that perspective, rather than taking things personally.

I am seeking out experienced Forum Moderators to assist in the management of the forums.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2016
    • Like Like x 8
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.