1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Updating EQ2U for Renewal of Ro

Discussion in 'EQ2U Players Support & Feedback' started by Feldon, Dec 2, 2022.

1. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

Last edited: Jan 12, 2023
  2. Feldon

• I have brought the ACTLoot item list, Item Search Results, and Recent Discoveries pages up to parity with each other. No more "Accolade, Accolade, Accolade, Accolade, Accolade, Accolade". :)
    • You can now search for items of type Overseer.
    • Overseer Agents are now identified as such on Item Search Results pages.
    Unfortunately that's probably all we can do with Overseers until we get a LOT more data. We are currently missing:
    • Overseer Quests
    • Overseer Traits
    • Overseer Agents unlocked on your account
    • Overseer Quests unlocked on your account
    • All necessary data to display your current progress as an Overseer, including Mercenary and Familiar help
    • Anything else needed to make sense of this system?

3. Feldon

Updated Recipes (21 new ones including the last Frostfell book).
    Updated Recipe Components.
    Updated Recipe Books.

Will need to categorize Recipe Books and Recipe Benches at some point.

4. Feldon

So after trying some Recipe Searches and not getting the expected results, I went digging and long story short I'm now rewriting Recipe Search on EQ2U to be less... dumb. Updates when I have it.

5. Ichoris

Ichoris New Member

I went to use the Quest List function for VoV. Where you can see what quests you have done in a zone. I found that none of the VoV zones are listed in the category drop down menu. Then I realized that it's also missing for all the RoR zones. Quests I have in these zones are also missing from the current Quest List. I use these functions all the time to see if I missed any content. Are these features dropped from EQ2U? Thanks!

6. Feldon

Starting with Kunark Ascending, we stopped receiving Quest data for a protracted period of time after each expansion. We hand-entered (with a lot of automation) quests from Blood of Luclin and Reign of Shadows. And that hand-entered data doesn't include zones, rewards, or descriptive text.

Current status:
    • Shattered Lands up to Kunark Ascending -- official Census data
    • Planes of Prophecy -- official Census data
    • Chaos Descending -- missing from EQ2U, Census data exists
    • Blood of Luclin -- hand-entered on EQ2U, Census data exists
    • Reign of Shadows -- hand-entered on EQ2U, Census data exists
    • Visions of Vetrovia -- missing from EQ2U, Census data exists
    • Renewal of Ro -- missing from EQ2U, Census data does NOT exist
    I'm not certain why the EQ2 team feel that Quests which players complete within the first week of an expansion need to be held back for 4-5 months, but I anticipate we won't have RoR official data until April.

At any rate, it's long past time for me to delete the hand-entered stuff and load the official Quest Data for the last 4 expansions.

Note that the Quest search on EQ2U doesn't have a Zone parameter. I should add that. Blood of Luclin sig quests start with Shattered Dawn. Planes of Prophecy quests start with Legacy of Power.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2023
  7. Feldon

574 of the 13,443 quests on EQ2U were hand-entered*.

8. Ichoris

Ichoris New Member

Thanks for the reply and detailed explanation. I also don't understand why the don't release the Census data for the current expansion. The amount of quest content has shrink to such a small amount it can be completed in a week or two. Gone are the days of a good amount of content for your money and subscription costs.

I was shocked to see that the Trade Skill sig line was basically only 3 quests. Which were basically copy and paste. Set up a new crafting area in each new zone. I thought when they got a full time trade skill content person we would get much more content. That doesn't seem to be the case.

The adventure sig line doesn't seem much better. The new zones are huge and really well made and they look great but are just huge open spaces with nothing to do. A few quest NPCs here and there. They should just make the expansion one zone. There isn't enough content to fill those huge zones.

The new way to make content for them is doing things like stopping you from flying and add other time gates to slow people down. This gives the illusion that there is more content than there really is. Then the content for the rest of the year is just grinding the same dungeons over and over to hope to get better gear. Then maybe one or two repurposed zones for game updates.

The dungeons are mostly just blocked off areas of the overland zones. I miss the old days when we had all these little caves and dungeons and other places to explore. Again the zones are huge but don't have much to do in them. I mostly love the lore and quests of the game and so it's very disappointing for me since that type of content gets less and less each expansion.

I'm still happy they are releasing new content and the game is still running. I think at some point the amount of new content isn't going to be worth the cost for me. Then I will stop playing and it will be a sad do for sure. I would love to know how many active players they have and how large the dev team is. They always just say that this is all the content they can make with the team they have.

Current changes like delisting all items from the broker and then delisting anything over 10 days old will drive more people away. Many of the new changes have made the player base very upset but I don't think that DBG cares all that much. They should be making the game easier to play not harder with even more busy work. I just want to play the game but the amount of busy work you have to do now is high.

Thanks Feldon for all your work with EQ2U and EQ2 things in general. You tools and website make the game way more enjoyable!

9. Feldon

Although they have been very nasty whenever we start to estimate numbers of players based on available data, Daybreak's parent company has posted extremely detailed player counts and breakouts on two separate occasions in recent memory.

If you want to see how many personnel are developing EverQuest II, the best place to look is the expansion Credits.

I too was hopeful that the hiring of Denmum would herald an increase in tradeskill content, but she may be delivering what she is capable of healthwise. She has a lot of challenges and it's amazing what she's been able to do on her fan site and I still cannot think of anyone else who would be able to do TS content in EQ2. It's a highly specialized job.
    The broker has worked the way it works for 19 years. That they're doing this at this stage tells me that one of the bean counters told them they need to shave off some server hardware and this was chosen as an acceptable degradation of user experience.

I appreciate that. I'm not sure why I've gotten a burst of development energy lately, given the direction and plausible trajectory of the EQ2 and the franchise in general, but I'm just plugging away, updating EQ2U as I can.

10. Feldon

EQ2U Item Search now supports a Minimum Resolve parameter separate from Minimum and Maximum Stat Value search.

EQ2U Item Search now exposes a Sort Order dropdown.
    • By default, items of type Bag sort by Slots (reverse).
    • By default, items of type Harvest or Harvest Rare sort by Item Level (reverse).
    • You may choose Stamina, Resolve, and Item Name for any item searches.

11. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

Ooo

• Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  12. Feldon

It's a little rough, but if the Dragon's Armory ACTLoot tracker reports that an item drops from more than 20 NPCs, we now have a separate page where you can view those (up to 200 -- we have to have SOME limit).

An example:
    What Drops Field Medic @ Armory Tracker hosted by EQ2U

13. Feldon

Fixed EQ2U Signatures.

Enabled Wishlist features when viewing House Items. Requested by a user.

Marked "Tarinax" and "Kaladim" servers as no longer active.
    Added "Zarrakon" server.

When GU122 drops I need to update things.

14. Feldon

Added Achievement subcategory graphics for Reignite the Flames, Overseer, Empire of Antiquity, and Buried Takish'Hiz: Empire of Antiquity.

Added a backend tool that allows me to add Recipes in a few seconds instead of having to rescan all the Recipes and Recipe Books in Census.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2023
  15. Feldon

Apparently each epic 3.0 spell has a different icon. A member pointed this out and I've fixed this.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Feldon

Updated Collection.

UPDATE: We picked up 40 collections with 203 items but I didn't see a GU-specific category. Maybe they went under Renewal of Ro?

Last edited: Apr 24, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Feldon

Updated Recipes.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Feldon

Since so many Achievements have rewards (1900+), it was time to add those rewards to the EQ2U Achievement pages! This does make a very long page even longer, so there's a "Hide/Show Rewards" toggle button.

19. Feldon

The fix to Mercenaries that was supposed to solve Gelga Gloomspellsl not exporting ended up blocking exports. The EQ2 devs and Platform are aware of it and the fix will come with whenever the next EQ2 update falls.

20. Feldon

I have uninstalled some software from this server in the hopes that it will solve all performance issues which has been throwing 504 Gateway Timeouts for the last month. This a new server with about 5x faster hardware than the previous server.