1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Daybreak Game Company to Be Acquired by EG7 for $300 Million

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Feldon, Dec 1, 2020.

1. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

Is that optimism that you could restrain yourself enough to follow my advice or that Dream would action my report?

Either way, it's safe to go back now :D

• Fishy Fishy x 1
  2. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

I don't think it'll ever be safe to go back again.

Case in point, I've got a PM from B and the Js.

• Fishy Fishy x 1
  3. Wulfgyr / Erytheal

Wulfgyr / Erytheal Active Member

Oh boy, you must have pissed in his Cheerios, and he'll screenshot any response to DW as proof that you're a big, bad, meanie head that's imposing on his Kander-given right to ******* the bungholes of the EQ2 dev team.

I went back and un-hid all the ignored stuff from the past couple weeks - holy crap! There's more waffling and walking-it-back than you can see on a time-lapse of C-SPAN!! I mean, first COVID-Wildfires were responsible for lag because DBG is in San Diego, and now it's the VMs in Las Vegas..... and that's just the tip of the iceberg.

Jesus. It's like a cult member that's repeated something so many times, they don't realize how broken they are in the gray matter department. *Re-hides the ignored posts for my sanity*

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

The thing about the VMs in Vegas is that he started spouting some garbage in the EQ1 forums and acting like VMs were an imaginary, made-up, figment of people's imagination and then he got railed for not knowing **** about anything. Now he's back in the EQ2 forums trying to use it to back up his point. Which I called him on and then he sent the PM. I haven't read, probably won't. I rarely ever, I think once in the last few months, reply to him directly.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

Occam's Razor -- which is more likely?

Either

Dreamweaver has been wringing his hands for a year, constantly giving Benito chances that literally nobody has ever gotten and trying to bend over backwards being reasonable?

or...

Benito serves a purpose and is ultimately useful.

Having someone around who tirelessly creates chaotic distractions and political cover for everything the company does is beneficial. By acting like an expert without actually having any first hand knowledge, yet constantly shilling for every financial and design decision no matter how predatory, he derails and pulls attention away from any meaningful criticism. He's the Chewbacca defense.

At this point, it can't be an accident. Not this far in. I think there's a symbiosis at work here.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 4
  6. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

Funny thing about Occam's Razor - it was first established as a theoretical proof for accepting divine miracles.

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. Cindrax

Cindrax Active Member

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Dizzy

Dizzy Active Member

Interesting. I expect EG7 to load all the DB companies up with debt and it all turn out to be a fully leveraged buyout. If this turns out to be true I doubt you will see much investment back into any of the games.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Wulfgyr / Erytheal

Wulfgyr / Erytheal Active Member

Welp, either I've now been banned from the OF, or today's maintenance includes login/authentication servers too (that's my guess.)

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Pixistik

Pixistik Member

It includes everything

• Like Like x 2
  11. Cindrax

Cindrax Active Member

12. Cindrax

Cindrax Active Member

Marble have decreased their short position to under 0.5% (which is the threshold of public reporting in Sweden).

Only source I have is in Swedish and it don't really say much more then that so wont link it this time.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Daaaaave

Daaaaave Member

14. Julesholland

Julesholland New Member

Enad Global 7 seems to have a lot of spare cash at the moment!

15. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

It said they paid in shares.

16. Dizzy

Dizzy Active Member

It does seem that they want to be a big time games business. Slight dilution of shares and no new debt so maybe there is some hope for DBG to see some investment.