1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Season 2 EP1 Kanders Candor + Caiths Class Update

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Alarra, Feb 19, 2021.

1. Castegyre

Castegyre Active Member

You make it sound like they're Westworld robots, but the old ones from the 70s and neither of them were cool enough to be played by Yul Brynner. Now I want to see if under their face plates are a pair of giant doll eyes, bad wiring, and a floppy tongue spazzing out.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

I've won 3 Yul Brynner look alike contests.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Shocked Shocked x 1
  3. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Castegyre

Castegyre Active Member

You know what's nice? I've been so far and so long removed from the game I'm not sure what to be happy or upset about any more. It's quite liberating.

At the same time, if someone said they wee launching a faithful SF or TSO version of the game I'd probably log in tomorrow.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

Personally, I always thought that Yul was sexy hehe :p.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. RhodrisNZ

RhodrisNZ Geographically Challenged

Me too!

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

There's some interesting stuff showing up on the OF today - Custom Battle Music | EverQuest 2 Forums

(Ignore Siggy recommending a 12 year old mod that appears to have been defunct for at least 7 years :rolleyes:

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Cindrax

Cindrax Active Member

She also suggested using FRAPS for recording to someone and FRAPS have not had an update in 8 years... not to mention it uses really old codecs so the quality is crap. Vid Cap for YT | EverQuest 2 Forums :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  10. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

When you have a tool you are familiar with you tend to recommend it to others.
    Guess they never tried a different tool.

11. Castegyre

Castegyre Active Member

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Matik

Matik New Member

Every episode we get a new Kanderism, "it went better than BoL" is up there with "the game doesn't have a problem with big numbers", "it's just supposed to be fun" in regards to sol ro criticism, and making the argument that overseer quests are comparable to normal quests.

I don't see why we get a vague post about class balance when we just got the AA "revamp" that was one of the most half ass things I've ever seen. You literally just had an opportunity to do the things you're posting about but you chose not to? I don't get it. You want to add auto attack damage to certain classes? Ok... so do it. There is literally a stat called auto attack multiplier. Why is the cleric leveling process on this list? Why is this on anyone's radar? It has never been easier to level in this game, and that's ignoring mercs completely. Inquisitors are inquisitors and templars just got a whopping 88 damage spell effectiveness in the templar tree. Reactive heals already scale with level, it's called spell ranks and it's a fundamental part of the game. Is every spell going to scale with level now? Why choose this one? I really do think Caith has no idea what he is doing or talking about.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Clementine

Clementine Active Member

After playing on TLE I'm convinced Caith legitimately doesn't know what some of the stats do. Or his script sets things wrong and there's just no process to make sure things are correct until players get to the content.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Wulfgyr / Erytheal

Wulfgyr / Erytheal Active Member

Isn't that what the QC/QA team are for?

Oh that's right, they fired 'em all years ago.

In systems administration, there's a thing called "permission creep," where users that have moved between roles over the years accumulate a higher level of access, typically because of inadequate auditing, etc. In this case - I think all the changes over the years like eliminating QA staff, reducing CS staff, etc., have removed any sort of "checks and balances" on Caith and Kander. The result is the dumpster fire we see now (no offense intended to all the other dumpster fires out there).

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

I don't think there ever was QC and QA are working 12 months behind if the way they're picking things up in the Bug forum is any indication.

16. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

I will say this, CS was on point yesterday. I've been working on the Artisan's Prize in EQ1. It's the best augment in game and is stupidly lengthy amount of things required. It also gets better the higher your TS levels are. It's no easy feat raising TS levels and I'll spare any more details since this is an EQ2 forum. I was making a lot of different items arrows in this case for fletching. When I went to sell them to a vendor I also sold a stack of 100 very rare mob drop items that I had spent days farming. I opened a /petition, on a Sunday, and within 5 minutes I had my items back.

17. Feldon

I bet you $5 they would have suggested you "require through gameplay" if this happened in EQ2. EQ probably got promoted to "provide actual support" after the buyout.

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

I thought that myself honestly. It's got its own problems for sure. The main one being lag which is the same as EQ2. It's ridiculous at times, well, most of the time. Either way the fact that I got my items back in 5 minutes on a Sunday blew my mind. I almost didn't even file the petition because I figured it was a lost cause.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  19. Angara

Angara New Member

Can confirm, at least in my own work environment - HVAC controls contractor for a major corporation. Over the years things get picked up by people as "temporary" or "just until we hire a guy for it" and either never get fixed or forgotten about, then you've got the guy dictating every aspect of a site's design work on a power trip even though it's not even his role anymore. Can't slap him away or take him down a few pegs, because he's integral to the system. Poor communication, no checks and balances, and bad attitudes.

I've always had that theory; Caith, Kander, maybe Gninja, they're unfortunately so integral to this system if they're ever pissed off enough to leave and they do, this project is dead the next day.

20. Feldon

But did they talk about Census...