1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Season 2 EP1 Kanders Candor + Caiths Class Update

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Alarra, Feb 19, 2021.

1. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

Well it seems that a new Kanders Cander has been uploaded to Anchor.
    Kander's Candor Season 2 Episode 1 by Kander's Candor • A podcast on Anchor

Basic Summary:
    1. "We are trying to fix the LAG", really
    2. "Overall We did a better job than BoL"
    3. New GU in March
      1. New Zones: Heroic, Solo, and Raid
      2. Class balance pass
    4. PVP server Coming "soon", Seems there is a "decide the name" thing on Discord.
    5. Guides will be getting Guide specific appreciation Loot

Also Caith seems to have talked about class balance and alt item transference for the upcoming GU.
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...chanics-overview-and-upcoming-changes.598538/

Along with all the other stuff, seems Assassins are to be nerfed.

• Informative Informative x 3
  2. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

EQ has been balancing classes by nerfing classes since last century.

• Winner Winner x 2
  3. Dano84

Dano84 Active Member

So the "We can't talk about it" episode has made it through the ether.

One of the Points talked about is the new ownership.
    Kander praises the new owner company and the signals they are getting.

The owner is willing to (re) - invest into both EQ and EQ2, but "Kander can't talk about specifics"

They are going to invest first in infrastructure /performance and doing other stuff to reduce LAG.
    But "Kander can't talk about specifics"

GU (March) :
    A bit of Solo Content
    More Raid Content
    Overseer Season 3

Other Stuff that Devs thing will blow players minds away.
    But (and You guessed at this Point) "Kander can't talk about specifics)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Glad to see numerous folks finally calling out Caith on the ridiculous "engagement metric" argument he tried to use to justify their design decisions.

• Agree Agree x 6
  5. Pixistik

Pixistik Member

"Other Stuff that Devs thing will blow players minds away."

What blows me away is how the dbags still have a job, is there anybody there actually in charge? Its unfrikin believable to me how the company continues to keep moving along with the garbage they are producing..wtf??

Overseer season 3... I missed that part, I guess that will fix everything, more quest to send imaginary characters out on for garbage loot.. color me impressed! :rolleyes:

Maybe I shouldnt be so hard on them but I mean dam, if my work was half as shoddy as what they they have been giving us, your car wouldn't start, and if it did it wouldn't stop, or may catch on fire... either way I wouldn't last long before somebody put a whoppin on me while I was standing in the unemployment line 6ft from everyone else or even worse shot because someone got run over by their own car

Okay, got it out n feel better now, thanks for listenin
    Y'all are teh best

• Popcorn Popcorn x 4
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Dano84

Dano84 Active Member

Apparently the stuff the Devs think is mind-blowing is going to be a PVP Server. You heard it right a PVP Server.
    The (Raid) Community on Discord is already shaking the heads in total disbelieve. There is some much bugged and so little content as it is.
    But from a cash influx point of view it makes sense, they can milk the PVP Crowd.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 3
  7. Pixistik

Pixistik Member

How do you milk pvp?

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Alarra

Alarra Active Member

@Pixistik spell research, sub only servers.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. LuranEQ2

LuranEQ2 Member

Server name suggestion: Nagafagain

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Devil Devil x 1
  10. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Experience pots. Stuff Alarra said. Anything that forces people to juice character power or die.

No one should be surprised he's resurrecting this stupid idea. He and Caith like pvp, so pvp > crafting, casual content, product quality, etc.

Last time they did this dumb pvp bs, he created a feedback thread and was literally supplied a long list of simple tweaks to make that kind of server fun. For example:

1. Level cap = 30.
    2. Turn off all instanced content.
    3. Put cool, gotta have pvp gear on contested bosses and in contested dungeons like SH, FG, etc.
    4. Factions.
    5. Provide account-wide cosmetic rewards and titles for daily, weekly pvp challenges.
    6. Pvp titles (destroyer, slayer, champion, etc) award a buff with effects similar to sigils, stuff like that. Those buffs are also lost if titles are lost.
    7. Reduce the level range from
    (+/- ) 8 to (+/- ) 4.

There were a ton of good ideas that could have provided the server with some staying power. Kander ignored all of it and made it about a p2w race for character power instead of player skill and cool, unique risks and rewards.

The server was dead in 30 days.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. Dano84

Dano84 Active Member

Some player said on discord and forum thy would return if there was a PVP Server, so it's additional Subs generating.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Glasscannon

Glasscannon Member

It all sounds so nice but we've seen this dance so many times before.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. Wulfgyr / Erytheal

Wulfgyr / Erytheal Active Member

TBH..... it doesn't actually sound nice a'tall. But that's just me - I'd prefer some of the underlying issues be addressed first, before doing stuff like adding a PvP server. Especially since we know it'll pull resources away as the "new shiny thing" that needs attention ahead of anything else.

RoS may indeed be better than BoL (I can't provide an objective opinion from my f2p-once-a-month perspective), but then again, blowtorching frozen dog turds from a kennel floor in Alaska woulda been an improvement over BoL.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

I enjoy PvP. I'd play under that rule set in a heartbeat.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

I tried to explain to them that people will grit their teeth and run a zone they hate to get desirable loot, but that long term this would drive away customers long-term, but they just absolutely weren't having it. Their entire metric was "high zone numbers = players love our content".

• Shocked Shocked x 1
  16. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

If all the people who say they'd play PvP in EQ2 if it came back had actually played on Nagafen, it would never have been shut down.

• Lock It! Lock It! x 1
  17. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

EQ2 logic:

Stick needed and/or desired loot behind RNG grind. Since people do it, they enjoy it. Because they enjoy it, stick needed and/or desired loot behind RNG grind.

18. Just Curious

Just Curious Member

I think the answer to this, and many other things in the game, can be found in this quote from Kander's Candor, "
    "and for all you guys out there that are like (don't waste your time on it) We like it, we know there's a lot of players that like it, we enjoy playing it, we enjoy watching people play it, so it's happening, GET OVER IT."

Kander likes raiding and PvP, so they get attention.

Kander doesn't care for all the "dirty casual" stuff like crafting, questing, exploring, etc ... so they fall by the wayside.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

Biggest problems in RoS:
    Itemisation and Balance

Biggest Problems in TLE:
    Itemisation and Balance

Most essential thing for PvP:
    Itemisation and Balance

This is going to be good.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Popcorn Popcorn x 1
  20. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

Nah. Biggest problems in ROS/TLE/PvP/Eq2:
    Kander and Caith

If the new owners are going to invest they should probably start by upgrading those 2. While the infrastructure definitely needs some help it won't actually be needed at all if those 2 continue killing the game at the rate they're going.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1