1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Ooh dear ...

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Tkia, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

heh.. I'm probably not going to GET the next expac. I'm sure as hell not going to pre-order this year. They've indicated that they plan on 'more of the same' for the coming expac. This one has almost totally killed my love of and enjoyment for the game already :(

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  2. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

Yeah, same here. I doubt I get another one for a couple of years of watching and seeing how things are going. They'll probably get my EQ1 money though unless I end up out in the woods of MT writing manifestos and whatnot.

3. Adoninilol

Adoninilol Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    These two images basically sum up the TLE experience.

Step 1 - Pretend to be present/care about the server in T5. As you know it's the only time your server will have a population before a serious drop off; due to unbalanced content, poor itemization, and low developer response. If you're lucky you won't get banned from discord for asking why a raid mob drops worse gear than heroics.

Step 2 - Fail to properly itemize yet another expansion after another expansion. Or even worse, fail to itemize all the gear from the last TLE leaking hundreds of broken, out of progression items that creates a myriad of issues. Or they do what they did on Kaladim in Rise of Kunark. Which is basically nerf every item in game for the past year just to solve the itemization issues, and cause a mass exodus in the process. The issues are things they were made aware of back in the original nagafen season 1, a good year before we even reached the point we are at now.

Step 3 - Create feedback channels through Dreamweaver, just to once again fail to actually reply/acknowledge/apply any of those suggestions.

Step 4 - Close server/Open another.

I'm trying to find the best words to describe TLE but the only word I can come up with frankly is insufficient. There is enough potential in these servers to be incredibly fun, they're just poorly managed.

I think overall the current AA trees work pretty well, the idea of balancing every single class/AA between tiers would be a monumental task that frankly I think is a waste of time. I do however think some kind of feedback/surveillance of TLE from T5-DOV needs to be applied to the current TLE AA's. They haven't particularly changed anything about them since the original launch of Stormhold, despite some underperforming or being entirely useless.

Itemization wise they have no idea what they are doing or whats going on. For two servers now they just throw stats onto gear without really thinking about the stat equivalencies. Just for example: An item will have 7% ability reuse, and 30 ability mod thrown onto it. In which mathematical equation does that make sense? Gear is at 5% potency per piece right now, the same issue; 30 ability mod. On Fallen Gate the allocation was 0.1% spell double, or 10% casting speed. Surprise, 10% overcap casting speed was = 0.7% spell double. This was brought up in Tier 5, they still continued to do this until the server died; two years later.

Or you just have generic issues like, the set pieces of your raid gear having multi attack/ability mod as a templar, and a generic pair of cloth shoulders has casting speed and reuse. Gee, I wonder which item i'm gonna choose. The same issue just keeps applying to every single proc in the game, they give us a power proc on screaming mace for 500 power, then on a KoS piece that wasn't touched by fyreflyte gives 30. Why. I don't know how hard it is to fix all of these items, but at this point with three TLE's later, all with new itemization each server.

I question who is in charge, and why do they keep letting these developers redesign the same system again and again.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Well, first, a point of clarification.

What I meant by the bug solution "that just might work" is less about programming, and more about Kander using the bug as an excuse to impliment one or more design changes.

Now secondly, Mermut, I'm fascinated by your claims and eagerly awaiting beta release to see if you can indeed just let those bugs sit there without finding and reporting them :)

5. Clementine

Clementine Active Member

The thing that's so frustrating is that TLE is soooo close to being a good experience, and it's fairly simple issues that are holding it back the most. It's almost like they don't want the server to be around too long.

6. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

I firmly believe it is Kander in general. "If you don't like it then don't play it." That statement says so so much about him in all aspects of his life. It's that kind of thinking and business practice that keeps me in a job.

• Agree Agree x 6
  7. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

While that comment was insanely stupid and revealed a great deal about Kander's attitude regarding customers, customer feedback, and customer satisfaction, it was also factually true.

To me, it was that comment paired with willful deception to customers that really pissed me off.

If he's gonna have that attitude, well fine. But don't hide or suppress unpleasant stuff in beta that is only revealed after the release goes live and then blame customers because the company mislead them.

• Agree Agree x 7
  8. Cindrax

Cindrax Active Member

In that thread Siggy once again showed how little she understand about end game mechanichs, even proven wrong she tries to double down... just like every other time someone tells her she is wrong. No wonder she have never ever cleared all bosses of an expac even though she claims to be an experienced raider... :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

It's real easy... not spending money...

• Like Like x 6
  10. Dano84

Dano84 Active Member

The BoL Expansion is on Sale till Novemer 9th, but only 25 % instead off 50 % off. Players think it has to do with the family and friend package.
    Now the question on Discord and the forum is will the Beta start on November 10th and what does it mean for the next expac launch.

The AA Revamp and Class Balance will take same time of testing and the same goes for the (Weapon) Itimization. We also know that Gninja wants to have some extended open Beta for raid Content.

Now if the Devs would only listen to the Feedback.....

Anyways if we talk about 6 weeks Beta that would mean December 22nd. So some players think there might a January expansion launch.

11. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

It looks like the itemization plan is to strap yet another rocket booster to stats on gear...
    The 'Days of Summer' panda jewelry (but not armor) at 170 resolve has better stats, across the board (excepting only resolve), then 195 raid gear....

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Dano84

Dano84 Active Member

I did read that the Panda charm can be reforged to about 1400 DPS. Is that correct ?

The Headless Horseman PQ supposedly has a rare BIS Belt reward.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2020
  13. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

I haven't played with them much. I just did the first 3 weeks of quests today.

14. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

I'm not sure about the charm, but 1 each of ear, wrist and ring can each reforge ab mod into 1.3k dps...

• Like Like x 1
  15. Dano84

Dano84 Active Member

Finally a positive change and Quality of Life improvement.
    The Cobalt Crate and Overseer Training potions will stack according to the Test Server Patch Notes.
    This is something the playerbase asked for repeatedly in the last weeks and months.

16. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

It'll be 6 months before it's not ****ed up and working correctly.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

Oh joy, apparently as a member I now have access to the Overseer system. As a sub 100 character missing the last 3 expansions is there any earthly reason why I should do anything other than continue to ignore it? And if not, why did they even bother to open it up?

18. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

Mostly infusers and crap to transmute

• Like Like x 1
  19. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

So mostly just bank clogging then, which is the impression I get from reading the forums? Thanks, Mermut. I'll just leave the junk in my claim window and pretend it doesn't exist :p

20. Arazons

Arazons Member

At this point the same could be said about every expansion.

• Agree Agree x 1