1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

2020 Ethereals

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Pale Rider, Jun 12, 2020.

1. Pale Rider

Pale Rider New Member

6/23 - Wave 1

Wrist, Cloak, Earring, Ring, Belt: choose 3
    base 200 resolve, 7338 pot, 362 cb
    Level like last year's armor for pot, cb, and ab mod (each 10% per level), but only one of the five has ab mod (genius-level loot design)

Belt - wdb, wdbo, cast, spell skills - 0/5 stars
    Ring - haste, ma, reuse, offensive skills - 1/5 stars
    Ear - mit, wbd, ma, defensive skills - 1/5 stars
    Wrist - double wdb, haste, spell skills - 1.5/5 stars
    Cloak - ADC, ability mod, offensive skills - 4/5 stars

no adornments
    so no replacements for CD blues

• Informative Informative x 2
  2. Pale Rider

Pale Rider New Member

There also seems to be a cut and paste of the orange class rune to a red rune and a better torment red rune

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Glasscannon

Glasscannon Member

I knew this was going to happen when I discovered that they disabled orange runes in the new zones. Take away the class rune so you can give it back again, and call it new content. This was one of the decisions that drove me to quit. It may seem small but the wizard class rune is so important that it literally affects the entire spec. With the rune you go right side prestige to insta-cast Eci's Frozen Wrath and you go for fusion resets. Without the rune you focus on single target spells, in particular the Rays / Ball of Fire / Rays combo and go left side spec.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Dano84

Dano84 Active Member

As far as Class Balance goes Ranger will fall further behind any other class. The sniping shot is reset is nowhere near the Assasinate resets.

As far as Cloak /Belt /Jewelry concern why would want any scout level any of those. No flurry on items and only cloak with ability mod.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

I'll probably play more now until I get the class rune for my monk. That rune is so much dps it's ridiculous.

6. Sweatypie

Sweatypie Active Member

So happy I quit last month. The wizard rune is so useless. It makes fusion stronger and thats about it. LOL. So goddamn boring.

Looks like Assassins and Monks will be top dps again.

Can't believe they say they remove them because they are overpowered just to change the color of them and reuse it as new content and people accept it as new content, again..

• Agree Agree x 5
  7. Dano84

Dano84 Active Member

The mood among player on Discord /Eq2forums is pretty bad towards the summer ethereals. The first even asked for it to be cancelled.
    There will be a further class unbalance through the runes and the ethereals, Some classes can use them while others cant,meaning somes classes will go with an advantage of 6-8k pot into the next expansion.

You can tell how bad this "copy & paste" job of the runes is by seeing that the bards ones aren't even working with their Lvl 120 Luclin Spell.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

From the OF:
    "FYI - Kander confirmed on Discord today that the runes on test are placeholders.

Kander Today at 12:49 PM
    The runes showing on test are not the correct rewards.

KanderToday at 12:51 PM
    The new runes have only archtype and subclass bonuses, no triggered effects
    [12:51 PM]
    Should be on test soon."

They changed the COLOR of the 'old' runes. At this point, I don't believe they were intended as 'placeholders'. Given the fact they aren't exact duplicates and they showed up AT ALL, it's more likely that they realize they HAVE to change them, and rather then admit that they're taking player feedback, they'd rather lie and say 'even though we made changes to the old runes and put them on the eth merchant on test even though we won't tell you if the items you see are the only things that will be offered. We put 'placeholders' there with TOTALLY wrong information for show.. because.. uhm.. BECAUSE!!!!'

• Agree Agree x 7
  9. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

Why own up to your dumb ideas when you can just pretend you didn't intend them at all.

• Agree Agree x 6
  10. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

Except that they'd gain faaaar more respect and credibility if they just said, "Yeah, we just copied them and realized from feedback of having them on test (because isn't that, in theory, the POINT of test) that we needed to make changes to them."

• Agree Agree x 6
  11. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

The folks on Test can't test any of it because of the costs.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Glasscannon

Glasscannon Member

I agree with you. I think the plan was to implement on test and then live, and when they saw the backlash this weekend they pivoted hard. Kander's explanation makes no sense whatsoever.

• Agree Agree x 8
  13. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

Not to mention the amount of time that Testers wasted documenting them all in their present form. There were unhappy peeps in the Test channel today.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Shocked Shocked x 1
  14. Pale Rider

Pale Rider New Member

Sounds like they may just be taking off the trigger from priest runes in their never-ending ineffective war on lag.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

Well, there goes my completely ridiculous monk dps.

16. Dano84

Dano84 Active Member

So all they do is to remove the "Class" part of the rune and give it an Archetype buff. Is it still technically a "Class Rune" or is it an "Ethereal Rune" now ?
    You can tell that this was done over the weekend, i mean common most of us would have come up with 4 Archetype buffs quicker.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Dano84

Dano84 Active Member

Niami and Wilhelmina took the time to make screenies for the community.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

Exactly. And I have a pretty good idea of how much time that took which is why they're very justified in being a tad ****ed off right now. As one of them pointed out yesterday, if the stuff was intentionally loaded as placeholders then noting it in the patch notes so they could have ignored it until the final items were in would have been helpful. But what would be the point of putting in placeholders instead of waiting till the stuff that actually needed testing was done? Which is why I subscribe to the theory that they had an 'oh damn, we'd better re-think this' moment when the backlash hit :)

• Agree Agree x 4
  19. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

If they're taking the class specific bits off the priest runes... the other parts of the old priest rune EXPLICITLY EXCLUDE priests from the buff...
    /stops before my priest rant mode gets fully loaded

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

*Sends Mermut calming tea and cookies*
    <-- Warden puppy dog :)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1