1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

The wool over the eyes is getting thinner.

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Zynt, May 13, 2020.

1. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

Outside of raiding luclin has no content | EverQuest 2 Forums

I'm waiting for Benny and Raff to show up in this thread. They seem to be the only two left, at that are vocal. I would wager that the recent server relocate was done to save money and they downgraded instead of upgraded. The natives on EQ1 are very restless due to the server issues they're having as well. I don't play EQ2 anymore other than overseers and that's just because I have stupid good luck with them and make millions of plat each week selling red rune charges which I use for Krono to sell on EQ1. EQ1 I don't raid or group anymore but I've got literally months of casual play content to mess around with including several expacs worth of crafting quests and AA to grind, which I like.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

That P2W T1 DPS thread is getting wild, too. Especially since Benny has been staying out of it so it can actually stay unlocked.

3. Dano84

Dano84 Active Member

He was trolling and was probably reported for it,that's why his respond is deleted.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Shocked Shocked x 1
  4. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

• Shocked Shocked x 1
  5. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

He's dumber than a box of rocks.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Endymion

Endymion Active Member

Kander has had a lot of "foot in mouth" moments but that "Overseer quests are a replacement for other quests" was something else.

• Agree Agree x 9
  7. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Seems Kander takes every available opportunity to complain about how costly it is to build quest content.

No doubt it is expensive, and yet, one has to wonder how costly it was to build a WoW mini-game rip-off that that hardly anyone cares about, especially in light of what we now know is an expansion that was a dumpster fire of broken everything.

Yeah, I can see how the overseer system might be a fun little wrinkle to drop on top of existing content (if designed well), but his brilliant idea was to use it to "sort of substitute for quests"?

For someone who claims to spend his free-time gaming, he sure seems to absent even the slightest hint that he understands what he's selling.

Last edited: May 13, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 7
  8. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

Yup. I don't even know if he's lying or if he REALLY thinks that matching icons, pressing start and coming back in 1-10 hrs provides any sort of meaningful experience for anybody.. At this point I don't even know which would be worse.

• Agree Agree x 5
  9. Dano84

Dano84 Active Member

On a site not and maybe a long shot but since player started to quote Podcasts those are getting delayed.
    The first 5 episodes were uploaded within a week of each other. "The approval process" for episode 6 took longer and for episode 7 there is no date yet when this process is done.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Khendrask

Khendrask Active Member

Interesting comment on reddit:

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Shocked Shocked x 2
  11. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Lumping Gninja in with Caith and Kander is unfair imo.

I really do believe he cares about players and is doing the best he can.

Last edited: May 14, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 6
  12. Sweatypie

Sweatypie Active Member

Even the best of intentions dont make a great game. Even if he is the greatest most kind person on planet earth, the content he releases is broken and not even fun to do. Doesn't matter how kind or how much he cares if he cant release the content in a proper state.

• Agree Agree x 4
  13. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

Agreed, but raids are his area, and they are frequently broken every patch. There is either a fundamental issue with their 'test' system, or his testing is not extensive enough.

Raid lag gets lumped on him too, but that is definitely not his problem area.

• Agree Agree x 5
  14. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

I think we all know that there is little or no actual testing.. of any content.. given the depth and breadth of the bugs that crop up in patches and the number of fixes that weren't actually fixed.. repeatedly.
    Heck, Kander said as much, in a round about way in one of the podcasts, when he said roughly 'we make changes <to class abilities>, but we have no idea how they'll actually play out when things go live'...

• Agree Agree x 4
  15. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Sadly, and imo, stuff like this can be traced back to the discovery that people will pay to beta test their product for them, and ever since said disco, they've increasingly abused this idea with each expac.

These days, they barely test anything. Just build it, let customers find what's broken, prioritize it, and get to it whenever.

• Agree Agree x 6
  16. Endymion

Endymion Active Member

Not sure what the latest lag monster is but sometimes lag can be from raid encounters, particularly poorly implemented spell effects. Like I think it was Siren's Grotto that had a chain lightning style effect where it would hit one person and bounce to all nearby players, which bounced to all nearby players...

The amount of spell effect in EQ2 are a big problem in general.

17. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

The fact that recorded podcasts have an "approval process" tells me everything I need to know about these productions. They might be recorded by a fan (free labor!), but the content is part-and-parcel of Daybreak Games.

• Agree Agree x 6
  18. Errrorr

Errrorr Active Member

I'd agree if it were just one mob laggy, like the 4 octopus things in the ToT zone or whatever, but seems to be impacting all the raid zones and all fights within them lol.

So either every raid mob has a new mechanic causing lag, or there is another issue. The latest plan seems to be to balance the raid zones differently across the hardware...

19. Just Curious

Just Curious Member

The fact that Kander continues to be the front facing voice of the game tells me all I need to know about the game and its future. Until he's gone, the game has no chance to improve.

• Agree Agree x 7
  20. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

It feels a bit like reckoning day has finally caught-up to Kander and eq2.

I mean, even Siggy has had enough.

No matter what's done to change things, it's doubtful there can be any hope of saving eq2 at this point.

The best Jen Chan can do is document she did her best.

• Agree Agree x 4