1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

Baby Bovoch 90% Shrink "Unintended" After 3 Years

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Feldon, Apr 17, 2020.

1. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

How many ways is the EQ2 team going to find to piss off players?

[Feedback] Please Return Spotted Baby Bovoch Shrink | Page 3 | EverQuest 2 Forums

Not A Bug - Spotted Baby Bovoch was a SHRINK item | EverQuest 2 Forums

My reply:

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Shocked Shocked x 1
  2. Zorvan

Zorvan Member

I'm now upset I got banned for replying to the Longdale/Blizzard thread. I would have rather saved it for unloading on Dreamweaver. Something along the lines of "growing a spine and finding a better job than being Kander's handpuppet, as I'm sure the gallons of lube are expensive", or something along those lines.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Feldon

LOL he deleted my post.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Shocked Shocked x 2
  4. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

No, let's not wail on Dreamweaver. He's been doing a pretty decent job and we all know who is really responsible for these idiotic stunts.

I don't even have one of these stupid cow items but I absolutely despise being lied to and there's no way this fiasco is anything but a tissue of lies.

• Agree Agree x 6
  5. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

At least he left the post with your screens up.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Tkia

Tkia Active Member

And here come the apologists led by ...

Shrink Exploit | EverQuest 2 Forums

He just loves the sound of his own voice. doesn't he? I swear if everyone put him on ignore he'd still fill a long thread all on his little lonesome ...

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Castegyre

Castegyre Active Member

On another forum that I used to frequent there was an individual who used to make half the replies to any given thread he was involved in, often replying to himself several times in a row. If anyone else said anything negative about a game he liked he'd reply with some variation of, "well, I'm still having fun so it must be ok". Eventually no one else would talk to him. Now, in between posting the generally inane garbage he's always been spamming with, he complains that the forums are dead.

I don't think beanfrito is much different except for that he is much more prone to throw a tantrum.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Feldon

I reported it for discussing exploits publicly on the forums.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. RhodrisNZ

RhodrisNZ Geographically Challenged

That sounds like Raff.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. RhodrisNZ

RhodrisNZ Geographically Challenged

My post in that thread got deleted too, but I didn't get a message or warning or anything (it was pretty mild).

• Informative Informative x 2
  11. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Yeah, have you guys noticed his latest favorite tactic?

(1) Someone posts about the latest glaringly shitty thing EQ2 has done to players.

[Enter Benito]

(2) "It's possible that [insert any one of an infinite number of possibilities that lack any supporting evidence what so ever].

(3) He then opens a new thread that treats his theory as fact.

He's such a douche.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 6
  12. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

I could respect, if not agree with, a 'we made a mistake' or even a 'we decided it was too cheap a cost for what it did'.
    But LYING about it being a 'bug' when the hand-written description lists the shrink and it has been in game for THREE YEARS.... it's the harvest changes all over again.
    And those.. we're worse off than before they took out the levels.. because PoM and CD mats are now sorting with BoL mats and before they change they weren't....

Clearly the people making the decisions consider customers to be mushrooms... kept it dark and feed sh!t

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

I wasn't wrong. It only gets worse.

The End.

• Agree Agree x 6
  14. Pixistik

Pixistik Member

They dont care how many bridges they burn and mine was the not bringing back Battlegrounds, its different for everyone I guess. On the bright side I can collect 500dbg cash once a month and it doesn't cost me a cent

Its sad to see the OF get a decent guy in there to manage things and he has to be the one who post their lies and lock and remove post because its his job..I give it 6 months with the clowns running the show that has him turned into someone you wouldn't be able to tell from the other mods. So sad

Maybe when the new and improved player council is in place things will change?
    LoL

• Optimistic Optimistic x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

I rarely ever log in from work. I'll browse the OF and these forums during work but it took this mess for me to actually log in and post. I don't remember my password here so I can't log in at all for these forums. Either way I'm getting paid right at $186/hr to respond to him. I wouldn't do it for free.

My response in the shrink thread wasn't deleted and I'm honestly surprised because as I was writing it I figured I'd get banned.

Also, the EQ1 forums are going wild over the bait and switch of their Overseer system.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Don't bother. Took Benito all of a couple hours to get that thread locked, and his supplemental thread was deleted.

• Agree Agree x 6
  17. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

I already responded to both of those anyway. He's an idiot. He reminds me of the old, "I don't have enough information to form an educated opinion." is also an answer.

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. Fendhar

Fendhar Member

Yep - the overseer stuff on the eq forums is - well - "hot sauce". Especially because it is buggy like nothing else and pretty much eating up real life $$$ with the bugs (if people buy agents).

And now I just read about the shrinking-fiasko over here on eq2 ...

boy ... DPG is truly after pissing players off.

But hey - any bets that there will be a 91% (or so) shrink item available on the marketplace, soon?

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Zynt

Zynt Active Member

I've been back playing EQ1 more than 2 at this point. I haven't wandered into ToV yet and I completely missed TBL. I've just been grinding AA while watching Netflix. I've used the Overseers but only for exp, which I will stop before I hit 111 so I can continue to get my AA maxed in FM at 110. That whole collections boondoggle is way way more of a **** situation than this bovich thing but they both stem from the same problem.

20. Fendhar

Fendhar Member

at this point i truly started to ask me one simple question whenever they start to change something:
    "might there be a way to move that to the marketplace somehow".
    I had quite some station cash stored over the years (i usually don't buy cosmetics - so the 500 stipend usually goes "banked" *lol*) and just started to spend it on some of my accounts via overseer.

since the latest patch on EQ I stopped doing that. Quests get harder and harder but reward stays the same. If I could reset my progress to level 1 i would do so immediately. But they don't want to hear that.

EQ2 had me lost for a long time now. I don't exactly remember when it started but the whole habitus of Kander is just ****ed off *sorry*.
    You simply cannot talk to players like he does. Point.
    Somehow it appears to me that eq2 is the sandbox where they test how much players might be willing to endure - and once they found the point where players get mad they know that they shouldn't go that far on the eq playerbase.

But claiming that the shrink never was intended to be there first place - seriously?
    How stupid can one be? Unless the few remaining devs have to deal with amnesia - who knows.

sometimes i get the impression that especially one certain dev is someone who is unhappy for whatever reason and uses changes in the game or powers on discord to punish players so he can feel better himself.
    (It was for the first time when lay offs became known that i pretty much was hoping for a certain name - regardless of personal history.)

And just to add:
    Yes - Benito is trying to pull off the same bullshit on the EQ forums that he does on the EQ2 forums. Just that it appears nobody really cares about what he says *lol*

Last edited: Apr 17, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 4