1. I have corrected the e-mail settings so that outgoing e-mails from these forums should be sent now. If you tried to Register or Reset your Password, please try again!
    Dismiss Notice

More Of The Same...

Discussion in 'EverQuest II General Discussion' started by Tekka, Mar 11, 2020.

1. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 1
  2. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

I thought she was heads and tails above anything Longdale ever wrote. She did offer specifics, even if any thoughts about design were largely absent....except...."a leveling system for overseers" - ROFL.

Just what the game needs - more leveling systems (i.e. there is gonna be a p2w in there somewhere).

Still, the letter was an improvement, and she did talk about class balance improvements. I'm waiting to see how design turns out going forward. She's gonna have to reign Kander and Caith in quite a bit if she wants to save this game. Those two should not have the autonomy they have.

• Agree Agree x 11
  3. Mermut

Mermut Well-Known Member

They're spending more time on the stupid overseers than they are on the hot mess they've turned Tradeskills into this expac.. that is telling.

There were slightly more details in that letter than a typical Holly letter.

I'm willing to hold my judgement about how much of it is fluff until the GU. I'll give her the benefit of the doubt for now.

• Agree Agree x 8
  4. Zorvan

Zorvan Member

This will not get me in trouble at all.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Shocked Shocked x 1
  5. Arazons

Arazons Member

LOL it got ninja'd already

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. Zorvan

Zorvan Member

It's still there.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Fuli

Fuli Well-Known Member

Benny Boy hasn't reported it yet. He will.

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. Endymion

Endymion Active Member

Like, I'm not expecting anything to change because of course they're not going to rock the boat too much and they have their DBG overlords to answer to, but I think it's a little silly to say "more of the same" so soon when a lot of the things she mentioned in her letter would have already been planned or in development for some time. It's like expecting whatever president comes after Trump to undo all of the damage he did a week into their presidency. At least she took the time to elaborate a little.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Appreciation Appreciation x 2
  9. Zorvan

Zorvan Member

• Informative Informative x 2
  10. Castegyre

Castegyre Active Member

Sadly, because of how it was designed right from the beginning, they could merge EQ into a mega server and parts of it would still feel empty. The last time I played it did seem like some of the high end people were having some difficulties forming groups, though. Maybe mergers will help.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

That's why I'm asking what other folks think.

It is her first Producer's Letter and no, I don't expect her to 'undo' all the damage that's been done since, well since before the sell out.

But there is a tone, there are certain buzzwords used, that give an impression of what we might expect in the future.

I haven't detailed my thoughts on it yet, because I honestly want to see what other folks say. It might sway my opinion, because I recognize my own tendency toward pessimism.

• Appreciation Appreciation x 2
  12. RhodrisNZ

RhodrisNZ Geographically Challenged

Yep, it's gone bye-bye now.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. Sweatypie

Sweatypie Active Member

How can Darkpaw games not understand that the game does not need more of the same. It needs to be turned up side down and return to what made EQ2 worth playing over other MMO games... ****ing hell, they live in an alternative universe.

• Agree Agree x 10
  14. Mizgamer62

Mizgamer62 Active Member

I appreciate her attempt to communicate with the players, however; all I see is more p2w (i.e. overseer leveling system), rehashing old content, and basically maintenance mode related tasks.

Maybe I will be pleasantly surprised, but I highly doubt it given their track record. The staff might change job positions, but they are all still part of the same swamp as it were.

Best of luck to Ms. Chan on what surely won't be an easy or enviable task.

P.S. Additionally as Mermut stated, the mention of how they are going to repair/address the crafting element of the game was conspicuously absent in her letter.

• Agree Agree x 8
  15. Nawtey

Nawtey Member

It's probably just a case of really, really bad timing: apparently the BiS cobalt crate mount is now available on a merchant for 7000 coins. Which drop from crates (RNG), and apparently will cost between $900-$1500 worth of DBC to obtain. Oh, and there's also apparently a merc that's so ridiculously overpowered (and comes pre-leveled) that has even those with rose-colored glasses going "WTF?!"

Not an auspicious start to the reign of the Queen of Tatertots. Ttobey's sign may end up being the only good thing to come out of their offices all week.

• Informative Informative x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  16. Zorvan

Zorvan Member

On the plus side, I didn't get in trouble. lol

Oh wow.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Tekka

Tekka That Village Idiot

I want to start this post by saying that I believe JChan wants to improve the game. I don't believe she disdains the customers the way some of her predecessors have. I wish her the best and hope she makes some positive change, I just don't think she'll be allowed to.

Now, some observations. Please feel free to express disagreement, and change my mind.

The first two lines after the obligatory introduction and experience/qualifications are as follows:

I want to reassure you that the change of guard does not mean change of plans in EverQuest II. We are moving full steam ahead on our road map for the year with lots of new content in store.

I don't find this statement AT ALL reassuring, given how those 'plans' and 'road map' have played out thus far.

If this DOESN'T involve some sort of credit card advancement, I will give away all of my fishies:

The team is planning on bringing some major changes to Overseer with the upcoming Game Update in April, including a leveling component and a new season, which will add some new layers to Overseer.

This has been promised, even with dates set, and cancelled so many times now that I don't even think the diehards believe it:

The GU will also include some class balance changes that have been talked about in the past and is sure to be a rootin’ tootin’ good time!

The same vague hype and promises, just delivered less mechanically:

Finally, the team has already started the planning for expansion 17, and some of the ideas they’ve been cooking up in there are seriously fun and I’m excited to talk about them as we get closer to the release.

Now, there are a few more things that we will be discussing soon, like a new project Dreamweaver has been cooking up for you, plus a few additional surprises, including plans for a fan gathering this summer.

I will close by saying that I WANT to be proven wrong, I honestly do. I just don't think that I will be.

• Agree Agree x 9
  18. Feldon

Feldon Administrator Staff Member

She's communicating, which is good, but the message is things that were already in progress. Hard to really draw any conclusion at this early stage.

I did laugh over a few people thinking this meant Holly was off to work on EQ3. Um no.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Charlice

Charlice Active Member

Did Windbag write that for her? Or does she also talk without saying anything.

so much this.

• Like Like x 4
  20. Dano84

Dano84 Active Member

lets see if its an "Overseer" GU or some game content (crafting ?)

Interestingly with this announcement DPG/DBG introduced new loot crates.... As the old ones served their purpose they have to be new ones !!! I read about a new best in slot Mount for 1400DBC/140$ ?
    There was a tumult on discord yesterday and a lot of veteran raider got banned and lot of posts deleted. A lot of raider considering now leaving the game as everything is either p2w or behind RNG.

The most eye-opening / reveling moment on discord yesterday.

Player: Why wasn't there an announcement for the new loot crates ?

Dreamweaver: Similar to the Cobalt crates it was decided one wasn't requested.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2020
    • Informative Informative x 4
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Shocked Shocked x 2